• Mar 3rd, 2015 12:35 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Ecko Canada Bankrupt

Walked by the one in limeridge mall, and the manager informed me that all the stores would be closing. Everything in the store is 50-70% off; stores closing early May
21 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Wow another one bites the dust.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1637 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto, ON, CA
lol, this brand was the rage in 1999-2001. It was like Fubu at the time, but both are pretty much defunct now.
Feb 22, 2015
235 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
huh, will go check it out. Thanks for sharing :)
Nov 28, 2011
888 posts
399 upvotes
Markham
Was never a fan imo
It was popular with highschool kids in previous decade. I won't miss it
Aug 1, 2009
253 posts
37 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm going to bet that Ed Hardy is the next to go.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Is Costco still stocking those Ecko Unlimited T-shirts? They were pretty nice material. Get these limited editions before they are gone! :lol:
- casual gastronomist -
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1043 upvotes
Crazzzzzzy, used to buy so much ecko back in the day haha
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
The Ecko brand that people think of from the late 90's and early 2000's is certainly a bit different today (styles have changed, so have they matured). To my surprise, I've been able to pick up some nice (classier) pieces of clothing that have the Ecko label on them. Growing up, I avoided it. They also had the rights to a few lines (to my surprise) including Tapout (I believe) and others ...
Not sure if this would be worldwide or just a Canadian thing. Not exactly sure why they had stores, they seem to do better without.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Dec 18, 2004
624 posts
26 upvotes
Rumar wrote: I'm going to bet that Ed Hardy is the next to go.
they're already gone...
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2501 posts
708 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Jucius Maximus wrote: Is Costco still stocking those Ecko Unlimited T-shirts? They were pretty nice material. Get these limited editions before they are gone! :lol:
Costco still has them, there was a whole table full when I was there today.
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was in the limeridge(Hamilton) location again today, and the manager there was really helpful. He said the line of "crooks and castles" is separate now, along with their other clothing (ex. Billionaire boys club, etc). It's just sad to see all these places close down. At limeridge mall in Hamilton alone, I've seen over 5 stores close over the past three months, that were all at the mall for quite some time.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2447 posts
239 upvotes
Brampton
Not that I'm surprised, but I have to say the quality of their merchandise is pretty solid. I only have 1 shirt from them that I bought almost 10 years ago on a high school trip to the US. I use it as a home shirt and have washed it many times. It's still black and the graphic hasn't faded or peeled off at all.
Banned
Jul 3, 2013
1508 posts
300 upvotes
I used to be a big ecko fan as a teenager. They were a fad fro ~2-4 years and it passed quickly. Same with FUBU and Phat Farm.
Oct 13, 2012
62 posts
12 upvotes
Quebec
I think there was one at Laurier Quebec mall, so I might go check if they have some deals. However that shopping mall is really started to look in a sad state with all those closed stores. With everything closing down since last year in Canada, I have to wonder if that popular mall will end up on the Dead Malls website a few years from now?
Electronic musician since 2002
Bandcamp | Facebook | Youtube | Myspace | Twitter