• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 6:58 pm
[OP]
Apr 1, 2010
34 posts
36 upvotes

EcoBee 3 - $259.98 @ Bestbuy / PM - 10% off at Lowes $233.98

Deal Link:
Ecobee 3 has gone on sale at Bestbuy for $259.99 until Oct 12 .. I printed out the add and took it over to Lowes and the PM and addition 10% off.. $233.98 + Tax total.. I believe this is the lowest I've ever seen the Ecobee 3 on for .. I'm in Alberta so the purchase also qualifies for $100 rebate. I'm sure the same applies to other provinces.

I already have an original Ecobee3 before they made it HomeKit compatible.. Great thermostat, much better than the Nest that it replaced. At this price, with the rebates It allows me to sell my existing unit, gain the HomeKit capability and come out basically even..
52 replies
Oct 24, 2016
167 posts
103 upvotes
ON
^ I have already registered for this a few weeks back. Hopefully they start rolling this out soon.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Oct 8, 2009
742 posts
226 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP - Just completed a price beat at lowes.

Same situation, have the older 3 that doesn't have home link, will swap this out and give my parents the Non home-link ecobee. :)
Oct 8, 2009
742 posts
226 upvotes
Kitchener
Have you been contacted by them at all?

Has anyone?
Aug 12, 2003
820 posts
98 upvotes
Hamilton
engineered wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 1:41 pm
For those in Ontario, you can get this for free if you're willing to wait.
https://greenon.ca/GreenON-Installations
It doesn't mention which thermostat you get also I looked into a program like this before and they essentially have the ability to shut off your AC for a brief period of time during the summer.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1270 posts
107 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
I guess it will never get Google Home support as long as Google owns Nest.
Oct 8, 2009
742 posts
226 upvotes
Kitchener
traktion wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 11:47 pm
It doesn't mention which thermostat you get also I looked into a program like this before and they essentially have the ability to shut off your AC for a brief period of time during the summer.
That was the peak energy saver, completely different program.
Oct 8, 2009
742 posts
226 upvotes
Kitchener
ma678 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 11:52 pm
I guess it will never get Google Home support as long as Google owns Nest.
Not directly, but mine has been working flawlessly via samsung smart thing. Personally I like having things connected to smart things then Google home.

smart things give me a central place to control all my home automation things.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4639 posts
3203 upvotes
GTA
traktion wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 11:47 pm
Nope, wrong program. You're thinking of the now retired Peak Save program. Looks like we'll get to choose which tstat we want and they have no control over it. Was it too much trouble to read the line before making a fool of yourself?
Oct 19, 2015
258 posts
167 upvotes
Vancouver
does this work with electric baseboards found in many smaller apartment or condos?
Aug 12, 2003
820 posts
98 upvotes
Hamilton
engineered wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 12:09 am
Nope, wrong program. You're thinking of the now retired Peak Save program. Looks like we'll get to choose which tstat we want and they have no control over it. Was it too much trouble to read the line before making a fool of yourself?
Read what line I read the whole thing, my dignity is in tact whereas you look like a douche.
May 5, 2008
62 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary
chrisyng wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 12:51 pm
Ecobee 3 has gone on sale at Bestbuy for $259.99 until Oct 12 .. I printed out the add and took it over to Lowes and the PM and addition 10% off.. $233.98 + Tax total.. I believe this is the lowest I've ever seen the Ecobee 3 on for .. I'm in Alberta so the purchase also qualifies for $100 rebate. I'm sure the same applies to other provinces.

I already have an original Ecobee3 before they made it HomeKit compatible.. Great thermostat, much better than the Nest that it replaced. At this price, with the rebates It allows me to sell my existing unit, gain the HomeKit capability and come out basically even..
What's the details on the ab rebate?

Edit: nm, was lazy when asked question, but I've since Googled it. Wasn't aware. Thanks op!
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1184 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the heads up just bought one last week
OVERCLOCK OR DIE!!!!!!!!