Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

EcoBee 3 - $259.98 @ Bestbuy / PM - 10% off at Lowes $233.98

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 6:58 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1369 posts
912 upvotes
mississauga, Ontario
traktion wrote: It doesn't mention which thermostat you get also I looked into a program like this before and they essentially have the ability to shut off your AC for a brief period of time during the summer.
received email couple days ago that can choose from
ecobee3 lite
Honeywell Lyric™ T6
Nest Thermostat E
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
Nov 11, 2007
268 posts
12 upvotes
Cambridge
Thinking the same but you can purchase sensors for the lite but they are not cheap. Still undecided on which one I will select when I get my call ...:)
Mar 23, 2007
249 posts
69 upvotes
Eligible only if current thermostat is NON programmable? The guy took a picture. We have an older Honeywell programmable. I would be happy to take the Lite for free if qualified.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Rsnav09 wrote: How did yo u come up with $225 after PM? As far as i know they will only beat the difference by 10%.
Home Depot has a really good price beat policy. 10% of the sale price not the difference. Even if it's $1 cheaper you get 10% off
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16011 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
ceccam wrote: Thinking the same but you can purchase sensors for the lite but they are not cheap. Still undecided on which one I will select when I get my call ...:)
Get the Canadian model, support Canada
Aug 29, 2010
215 posts
410 upvotes
I have a brand new, unused but open box Ecobee 3 home kit (not "lite") if anyone wants to buy it. Turns out my ancient heating system isn't compatible. It has the room sensor. $220 takes it. DM me if interested. In Toronto (downtown TO weekdays, Danforth/Woodbine other times).
Nov 20, 2009
895 posts
954 upvotes
It is YMMV, but I found ‘Free sensors Pack’ at a local HD and was able to get a box of 2 sensors, $89 value, for free with a puchase of Ecobee 3 Lite after matching BB’s $197.98. I paid $178.19 for an Ecobee 3 Lite and 2 sensors. They refused to give me sensors with Ecobee 3 as it would come with a sensor.
Jul 27, 2017
50 posts
38 upvotes
Chi-tel wrote: received email couple days ago that can choose from
ecobee3 lite
Honeywell Lyric™ T6
Nest Thermostat E
I like the ecobee3 lite. Although it does not come with additional remote sensor you can have the option of buying it separately. I think having an extra sensor upstairs might help with a more accurate reading and better temperature regulation in the house.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
4402 posts
4465 upvotes
can someone explain the purpose of the sensors? it's not like you can adjust air circulation to individual rooms, so other than to log temperatures what's the purpose?

if i know my family room is going to be 75 when my thermostat is set to 71, then i will set it to 67 so my family room is 71, no?
Oct 13, 2013
56 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
mathewvc wrote: can someone explain the purpose of the sensors? it's not like you can adjust air circulation to individual rooms, so other than to log temperatures what's the purpose?

if i know my family room is going to be 75 when my thermostat is set to 71, then i will set it to 67 so my family room is 71, no?
For me, it just averages out the temperature. Maybe the location of your thermostat has a slightly different temperature than other parts of the house you want to heat or cool.

It also serves as a motion sensor to learn when you are actively in the house.
Mar 23, 2007
249 posts
69 upvotes
Here is an example. On sunny days the master BR is easily 4-5C warmer than the living room hallway where the thermostat is. On cloudy, cold days it can be the opposite. Therefore you can have multiple sensors and average out the temperatures.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4253 posts
1078 upvotes
i got this for $219.99+hst from a telus store...afaik the price is still the same

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)