Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[ecobee 3/nest learning] enbridge $100 reward

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2017 10:10 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
nanyte wrote: I never actually got an email confirming I got the rebate. I got an email saying they received my submission. I applied a few days after I got my Enbridge Bill(since I needed the account number...) The next bill came yesterday and it had the credit on it. So never got confirmation by email, but got the credit.
I install it on May 16, got the confirmation email ,but haven't got $100, that sucks.
Mar 15, 2010
830 posts
211 upvotes
Somewhere in Canada
sonyHdr12 wrote: I install it on May 16, got the confirmation email ,but haven't got $100, that sucks.
Same here
Installed May 27, didn't get email conformation
Called twice. They said just wait 8 weeks !!!!
Sep 13, 2003
523 posts
74 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote: Same here
Installed May 27, didn't get email conformation
Called twice. They said just wait 8 weeks !!!!
mine took about 2 months to appear on my bill, but I just received the credit.
Saga Boy - D Star Boy Crew
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
kareshi wrote: is one rebate faster than another ? i.e. Nest rebate is quicker than Ecobee?
I think Toronto is faster than Ottawa .
Mar 15, 2010
830 posts
211 upvotes
Somewhere in Canada
sonyHdr12 wrote: I think Toronto is faster than Ottawa .
I think Richmond Hill is the slowest :-(
Aug 30, 2009
196 posts
46 upvotes
Markham
I was rejected because I installed my Ecobee outside of the eligibility periods. =(
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1820 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
Just to confirm... as long as it's purchased and installed between April 15-Dec 31/2016, I should be good for the rebate?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
bunshichi wrote: I was rejected because I installed my Ecobee outside of the eligibility periods. =(
PM me if you want a work around
Aug 13, 2011
60 posts
27 upvotes
Stittsville
Received $100 credit on my Enbridge bill today. I never did receive any confirmation emails though.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
I'm moving to a new house in august. The house was built by Mattamy in 2014. What are the chances it has a C wire ?
Mar 17, 2005
538 posts
238 upvotes
ambujakshi wrote: I'm moving to a new house in august. The house was built by Mattamy in 2014. What are the chances it has a C wire ?
Not only it should at least have C, I heard they may even use 8-wire cable. Don't worry it.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
1577 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
ambujakshi wrote: I'm moving to a new house in august. The house was built by Mattamy in 2014. What are the chances it has a C wire ?
A very solid 50/50 :p
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1330 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
If your basement is unfinished it should be pretty easy to fish a new wire down to the furnace.
Sep 12, 2006
380 posts
473 upvotes
Honestly even if it doesn't have the C wire, it's not that difficult to install the PEK adapter that it came with. I know nothing about electrical wiring and my previous thermostat had 4 wires and was missing the C wire. Took me about 1 hour to figure it out and install it on my furnace. Just follow the instructions and if you run into difficulties, you can contact them and they will walk you through the install process.
Nov 24, 2013
156 posts
229 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
nest.com has Nest 3rd Generation on sale for $199 (USD) - conversion - 256(CAD) - Still $73 off CAD(Orig Price - $329 CAD)
https://store.nest.com/product/thermostat/

If you have a US Address or a source then with $100 off, you will get this device for $99 USD
with all in you will get this device for $156 (CAD) before tax and after applying Rebates.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks. Basement is unfinished. Can I ask the home inspector to do this additional wiring, if required ? I can pay him a bit more.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1679 posts
2000 upvotes
GTA
Installing the PEK is seriously not hard. It took me about 40 minutes to do it because the instructions are so easy to follow but you could definitely pay somebody to fish a C wire to your furnace if you had no desire to use the PEK.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
So glad I got this instead of a Nest.
http://smartthermostatguide.com/ecobee3 ... at-review/

Nest simply doesn't know what the temperature is anywhere other than where Nest is, and without sensors, Nest is never going to learn if I'm home. Plus with IFTTT, Ecobee can alert you if someone walks by a sensor while you're scheduled to be away.

By the way, the latest Ecobee 3 firmware is 3.7.0.910: http://www.smarthomehub.net/forums/disc ... -thread/p4

Unfortunately, you need to contact Ecobee to get the latest firmware pushed to your device.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5485 posts
2762 upvotes
ambujakshi wrote: Thanks. Basement is unfinished. Can I ask the home inspector to do this additional wiring, if required ? I can pay him a bit more.
doubt your home inspector will have the proper wires handy. will more likely need an electrician or general contractor to do it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)