Jun 19, 2006
1462 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
STOWAWAY 30L PACKABLE PACK
http://www.eddiebauer.ca/product/stowaw ... ype=&size=

STOWAWAY PACKABLE 20L DAYPACK

The design on 20L is different from 30L. My personal preference is the 30L which gives you extra room for additional $5 while it can still considered as a free personal item on the airline like WOW Air! Don't bother with the 20L unless you prefer smaller bag.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9904 posts
1852 upvotes
So, order I placed on the 28th, still showing backordered, til Feb 16, no shipment etc. Check today, exact same pack and colour, shows in stock and now it's $18.99. So I order, and its showing as available...
Confusing, will call to cancel the first backordered order, as I used Paypal and it originally showed shipping charge, but no tax.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2721 posts
709 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
albundy99999999 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 8:39 pm
STOWAWAY 30L PACKABLE PACK

STOWAWAY PACKABLE 20L DAYPACK

The design on 20L is different from 30L. My personal preference is the 30L which gives you extra room for additional $5 while it can still considered as a free personal item on the airline like WOW Air! Don't bother with the 20L unless you prefer smaller bag.
On the other hand, I usually place the pack inside the luggage and use it when I arrived at the destination.
I use a more heavy duty big backpack together with hand carry and never get bothered.
I am sure you can get away with most backpack for personal item.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3540 posts
567 upvotes
GTEH!
Received my order yesterday, Feb. 1. Got everything I ordered. 2 20L bag & 2 30L bag. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
😎
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2403 posts
304 upvotes
EDIT Free shipping code, It works when you got the next screen.
Jan 14, 2017
132 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Eddie Bauer products are always top notch and the lifetime warranty is one of the best. I purchased quite a few jackets from them and while outside one developed a tear from getting snagged on something. I brought it in and they exchanged it for a brand new one (except the guy at Fairview Mall was kind of a dick).

Overall though I love Eddie Bauer products and these bags are no exception. I bought the sling backpack that I used for Iceland and it was awesome. I just wish they had a slim fit line since lots of the pants and shirts are regular sized.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1412 posts
1113 upvotes
Langley, BC
Are these better than the AmazonBasic ones of similar size?
Aug 2, 2016
233 posts
205 upvotes
steven80 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 11:56 am
Eddie Bauer ones have lifetime warranty so I believe they are better. If it's not too much hassle for you to bring it back to the store if ever there is a problem.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2209 posts
852 upvotes
Ontario
steven80 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 11:56 am
"Better" is a very subjective term.
Are they better in appearance, features, value, warranty etc?
For myself, I look at the quality of the fabric as well. These supposedly use 200D ripstop. That does make them better, if true.
Not sure the Amazon bags list the type of nylon used. North Face Vesto 26, a favorite of mine as these discontinued bags have excellent reviews, uses 100D.
I also have Marmot 20L daypack which I believe is only 75D but it's "more fashionable" (and more costly).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Feb 1, 2018
13 posts
3 upvotes
I really need to buy this. Its, a perfect bag for the trips. perfect for me and also its easy to carry
Dec 24, 2012
15 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
1 Onyx all black 30L remaining as of 2:15pm at the Eaton Centre. Lots of 20L left on different colors.
Oct 22, 2016
18 posts
1 upvote
lots of 20l and 30l left on sale in Markville shopping mall

i just bought one 30l myself today