• Dec 24th, 2018 9:42 am
[OP]
May 4, 2017
59 posts
66 upvotes
Montreal

Eddie Bauer Noble Down Parka review

Hello everyone,

Recently I ordered 3 Noble Down parkas (2 as a gift, one for myself) and they got delivered today.
I ordered a Large Regular size for myself. Regular price is $359 but it was on sale for $143 and there was another 50% code on their website that worked for a couple of hours, so it came to $71.5 which is a great price for a winter jacket let alone a down parka.
It arrived earlier today and I've been wearing it for a couple of hours. I usually wear a Columbia 550 TurboDown jacket and am very happy with it (except its pockets that can't keep my hands warm.

Pros:
It's very warm. It's not really cold in Montreal today but it kept me very warm. Wasn't expecting this, but it felt warmer than my Columbia jacket.
It's light, as light as CG jackets. It's 650 down according to the website but when I checked the QR code on the label it said 715.
Outer texture is very nice, it's not a super high quality material but it looks and feels very nice. The "Navy" colour looked way bluer online than it is in person, it's very dark blue.
Inside is black with nothing special, which is not a bad thing, especially compared to my Columbia jacket. See photo below:
IMG_2115.JPG

Cons:
It only has 1 inner and 3 outer pockets. I usually carry plenty of things on me (my wallet, phone, home/car keys etc) and though not a big deal, it could have one more pocket.
Customer Service/Warranty: I heard their lifetime warranty isn't amazing. Also I want to return one of the items as it didn't fit and it took more than 90 minutes on the phone to get a return label and their customer service e-mail address does not work.

Overall I'm satisfied with it, especially considering the price.
IMG_2111.JPG
IMG_2114.JPG
One last note, it's made in China.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7751 posts
1822 upvotes
Mississauga
That's a fantastic price!

All my jackets are Eddie Bauer (four), I even still have jackets from 25 years ago!
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
May 4, 2017
59 posts
66 upvotes
Montreal
Raggie wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 6:21 pm
That's a fantastic price!

All my jackets are Eddie Bauer (four), I even still have jackets from 25 years ago!
I’m happy to hear that! Apparently they’re not as good as they used to be, but so far I’m really happy with it!
However 2 of the parkas I ordered were supposed to be delivered by the end of today and I got a tracking number a couple of days ago, but as of now it hasn’t even been picked up by fedex and on their website the estimated delivery date is Jan 2nd. I called them once for something else on Friday and though they solved my problem I was on hold for an hour and a half. I called them around 20 minutes ago and I’m still on hold, we’ll see how long this call will take
EDIT: I was on hold for 30 minutes and settled the issue in around 25 mins.