Food & Drink

Eddie WokNRoll: found metal stripe in soup!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 7:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes

Eddie WokNRoll: found metal stripe in soup!

So me and my wife went to Edie Wok N Roll on Saturday to eat lunch. We ordered a soup, noodles, chicken pakora, chili Chicken, Chili Fish. Obviously there was lots of left overs, so we asked the staff to pack them up for us. They put the soup in a plastic cup and everything else was packed in its place as well. Took it home, and my dad wanted to eat the soup. So while he as was eating it, he started to choke and when he spit out the soup there was also a metal piece that was spit out with it. I called the store and complained and all they wanted to do was to reimburse me the money spent on the soup, which I thought was very lame. I'm at a point not sure what to do, and if I can or should proceed with any legal activities? It's sunday so all the lawyers are closed to ask any questions. Can anyone on here shine some light and provide me some feedback on how I should approach this matter?

And again I do apologize if I posted in the wrong area, but not sure where to post for legal matters. And since this has to do with food, I guessed this place would be adequate enough.

Thanks for any help in advance!
Images
  • soup1.jpeg
  • soup2.jpeg
Last edited by kabyLake on Dec 3rd, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14169 posts
2522 upvotes
Toronto
In terms of legal action I don't think you can do anything. They can say well the food left our premises and you can't prove the metal item was from there. Think about the number of people who are trying to get a payday by scamming. I would suggest ask for more than the soup reimbursement and move on.
[OP]
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:30 pm
In terms of legal action I don't think you can do anything. They can say well the food left our premises and you can't prove the metal item was from there. Think about the number of people who are trying to get a payday by scamming. I would suggest ask for more than the soup reimbursement and move on.
That's what I was thinking as well, because he was offering me a return cash for the soup and in my case driving from Brampton to end of mississauga for a lousy $9.95 return is not worth my time and money to travel. I will have to discuss some kind of other compensation from them. Let's see.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14169 posts
2522 upvotes
Toronto
kabyLake wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:34 pm
That's what I was thinking as well, because he was offering me a return cash for the soup and in my case driving from Brampton to end of mississauga for a lousy $9.95 return is not worth my time and money to travel. I will have to discuss some kind of other compensation from them. Let's see.
What I suggest is tell them to write your name down and next time you visit you get a soup and some other item. I am sure they will accommodate this request.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
8068 posts
2876 upvotes
Toronto
So they can probably get another metal in their soup? I wouldn't go back there again to eat.
carmaster wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 2:03 pm
What I suggest is tell them to write your name down and next time you visit you get a soup and some other item. I am sure they will accommodate this request.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 2:03 pm
That's what they were suggesting and to be honest I'm not in any way returning back there after this incident. I am going to try a $50 or a $100 visa debit gift card for compensation.
[OP]
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 2:08 pm
So they can probably get another metal in their soup? I wouldn't go back there again to eat.
Yea never going back there to eat!
Mar 27, 2015
778 posts
189 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Stuff happens. Let it go, its big enough that you saw it. Take your free soup and move on. I couldn't be bothered.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9888 posts
916 upvotes
kabyLake wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 3:56 pm
That's what they were suggesting and to be honest I'm not in any way returning back there after this incident. I am going to try a $50 or a $100 visa debit gift card for compensation.
Why do you feel you deserve compensation? Was your dad injured? Did he die? If so then take them to court. If not then stop trying to blackmail small businesses.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2196 posts
253 upvotes
To me in honestly that thing looks like it was planted and this story is made up. But then again it could be true and I'm glad your dad isn't hurt. You should really move on and not go back there.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14169 posts
2522 upvotes
Toronto
The metal would float on top of the soup so wasn't it obvious before your dad eat it that something shiny was floating in it?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36785 posts
2597 upvotes
Toronto
You won't get anything more than the free soup. I say take it or leave it. You honestly have 3 options

1. Take the free soup.

2. Sue them. Small claims court is about $200 to file. You now have to demonstrate to the court that you suffered some sort of monetary damage. There is no such thing as "you did somethjng very wrong... you owe me 1 million dollars now!"

There is "i ate this spike... and missed 2 weeks of work."
You would only get 2 weeks pay compensation.

3. keep arguing like a pitch bass mother trucker.
Like be super aggressive about it.
"I'll call the mp!"
"I'll take it to the media!"
"I want to speak to your manager!!! Your managers manager!!!"
You can also stand around in the restaurant making a big scene.

Option 3 will work in getting you either more free food, or having cops called on you. But ifyoy skirt the fine line between complaint and harassment, you might be able to get maybe a free meal.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14169 posts
2522 upvotes
Toronto
Well if OP is never going back there to eat then no point in wasting time to get a free meal. They can't offer any other type of compensation. They are not going to give you a gift card or anything.
[OP]
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
Hey guys thanks for the reply. In the pics I've just put the metal piece on top of the soup to show what it was, but initially it was inside when my dad was eating it. I am not going to pursue anything because we run a family business ourselves and I believe in Karma so any bad thing they do it will come back to haunt them and I'm going to leave it as it is. But I will leave negative feedback about the restaurant so people can be aware of what happened to us and not eat there.

And I just want to say one thing, this is not made up because I was sitting in front of my dad when he was eating it and started choking. But hey everybody is subjected to their own opinions but just don't assume. Thanks and please close this thread!