Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Edifier.com

Edifier R1010BT Powered Bluetooth Speakers $62.49

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 3:34 am
Apr 5, 2009
198 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Hi i don't know what i'm doing but i can't control the volume with my TV remote. I switched the TV options to audio system instead of TV speakers but that didn't work. The volume works fine on the TV but just can't adjust it with the remote, not sure how you others are able to do it? I didn't have problems controlling the volume on my phone when connecting through bluetooth.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Any recommended brand of speaker wire that won’t break the bank? Don’t want a huge length of speaker wire either.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1254 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn having total buyers remorse...this speakers are highly overrated...can't believe their regular price...way too much bass too muddy...i was waiting for a year to buy a decent set of bluetooth speakers...feel like some portable ones are louder than these....dohhh
Nov 27, 2003
410 posts
52 upvotes
My speakers just arrived, but there was no update to the delivery page on the Edifier site.
I'll be setting them up tonight and testing them out. I hope the reports of too much muddy bass doesn't affect mine.
Nov 27, 2009
51 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a Sony SA-WMSP75 subwoofer (active powered) for $20 at my local thrift store. Plugged the red and white RCA cables into the back of the Edifier main speaker and then one of these (red one) into the back of the subwoofer (has a single line input only) and seems to work great. Not sure if it would be better if I used wires to a single RCA like this:

https://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-Spe ... ics&sr=1-3

Regardless, pretty happy for a <100 setup.

Thks for your help.

Ridinginoffice7 wrote: This is what I did previously

I build my budget friendly a 2.2 system as follows for $130ish which has a 10inch active woofer and a 5.25inch passive woofer and Bookshelfs each has inbuilt 4'inch woofers and 2inch tweeters

From Best Buy:
Bought these $90 Active speakers, they have inbuilt amp and both has 4inch woofers and 2inch tweeters (*which is far better than center channel)

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ed ... 57975.aspx?

Visited Thrift Store near by and
1) picked up a Onkyo Active 10Inch Subwoofer downward firing for $15
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-speakers/city-o ... nFlag=true
2) picked up a passive 5.25inch subwoofer (Samsung)- $15 (one can easily find many 5.25inch passive subwoofers in Thrift stores easily various brands)

Without using any Amp I connected my 2.2 (.2 are both woofers)

On my Tv i used 3.5male to two 3.5female adaptor
Now the connections,
1) Edifiers speakers to my Tv using 3.5aux to RCA cable and then through edifiers speaker output port I run a wire connection to power 5.25"inch passive Subwoofer
2) From TV - I used a 3.5male to RCA cable to my Active 10Inch woofer (*directly)- this does not require a separate amp, as active subwoofers has in-built amp

Have no issues and my house is literally shaking...the edifiers tweeters are soo good on mid's and highs and woofers only provide bass when its needed ( I am having a Premium experience) I spent like $130 or so incl everything (cables etc)

I took advantage by visiting Thrift stores and picking up Subwoofers and glad that I got this huge tall 10inch woofer for $15

Tip: Key is to pick up Active and Passive Subwoofer' s from Thrift Stores nearby for less than $20ish and hook them up with TV and Active Bookshelfs, with 10'inch Active Subwoofer is the Best among all, or atleast a 8'inch active..... Passive subwoofers are mostly 5.25"inches, bookshelfs speakers has 4inch woofers in-built

So in my 2.2 setup I basically have 4 Subwoofers 1.) Two- 4inch Woofers (built into edifiers bookshelfs) , 2.) One 5.25inch passive woofer and 3.) One 10Inch Active Woofer

The more the woofer's the more premium sound you will have
Jan 13, 2017
19 posts
49 upvotes
Received these nearly a week ago now and so far not impressed at all with the sound quality. I've messed around with the EQ on my phone for some time now trying to improve the sound but each song needs tweaking which is more work than I'm willing to provide. Hopefully I can recoup some money by tossing them on Kijiji. Solid build quality but do not deliver sound wise.
Jul 20, 2006
33 posts
3 upvotes
I haven't had a chance to unbox it until now, but I can't switch the speakers to bluetooth mode. Green light is on when I powered it on, pressed the volume/master button but it's still green light. Device can't "see" it for pairing. I tried turning it on/off, pressed or held the button for 3 sec or even 20+ sec, but it's always green light.

Anyone encountered similar issue? How can I switch to bluetooth mode?
Nov 3, 2005
627 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto
pigacc wrote: I haven't had a chance to unbox it until now, but I can't switch the speakers to bluetooth mode. Green light is on when I powered it on, pressed the volume/master button but it's still green light. Device can't "see" it for pairing. I tried turning it on/off, pressed or held the button for 3 sec or even 20+ sec, but it's always green light.

I think others mentioned that they had pressed the button for too long, so maybe try just tapping it to switch to Bluetooth mode? It's more like a toggle than a press and hold thing if that makes sense...
Jul 20, 2006
33 posts
3 upvotes
Puissance wrote: I think others mentioned that they had pressed the button for too long, so maybe try just tapping it to switch to Bluetooth mode? It's more like a toggle than a press and hold thing if that makes sense...
Yes, I tried that too, just press-and-release, but it's still "green". This is the first thing I tried. Then, the manual says if you can't pair, then press-and-hold, which I also tried (it doesn't say how long to hold, so I tried several times, ranging from a 1-2 sec to 20+ sec, but it's the same) Disappointed But Relieved Face
Nov 3, 2005
627 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto
pigacc wrote: Yes, I tried that too, just press-and-release, but it's still "green". This is the first thing I tried. Then, the manual says if you can't pair, then press-and-hold, which I also tried (it doesn't say how long to hold, so I tried several times, ranging from a 1-2 sec to 20+ sec, but it's the same) Disappointed But Relieved Face
Ohh, sounds like it might be defective then... Hopefully their customer service and warranty is good.
Jun 26, 2005
247 posts
176 upvotes
pigacc wrote: I haven't had a chance to unbox it until now, but I can't switch the speakers to bluetooth mode. Green light is on when I powered it on, pressed the volume/master button but it's still green light. Device can't "see" it for pairing. I tried turning it on/off, pressed or held the button for 3 sec or even 20+ sec, but it's always green light.

It's just a quick push of the volume knob. Maybe half a second tops. You should hear a click and it should switch the light from green to blue.