Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Edifier

Edifier w830bt bluetooth headphones $47.95

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 10:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
mucat wrote: I am no audiophiles and I don't have AKG Y500.
Comparing w830bt vs w855bt, the w830bt is more bass heavy (slightly), mid is receded. The w855bt is more balanced.
the akg if price doesnt matter, although the edifier has better battery life and is cheaper. The fact that the edifiers are as good as they are for the price is a great though, got a pair for my son who isnt super fussy about audio quality as long as he has good bass. Im not sure how to configure what codec these use, but aac is supported for ios devices and apt x is there for android, if you dont use these codecs sound quality could be much worse. I think its automatic, but if you have an older android phone (or some cheap chinese one) or a windows laptop you might be hearing using SBC which sounds much worse. Bluetooth version matters too, basically you want 4.1 and up.
Jan 19, 2013
332 posts
313 upvotes
Kevcorm wrote: I also dont think the qc35 sound all that great anyway
this is a relative statement .. I have a qc25 ( poor man's wired version of qc35 and I love it . Indeed the noise cancellation is awesome ) .. now even without the noise cancellation this headphone is better than MDR-ZXt80DC which itself was a nice headphone I got from costco for around 150 $ ..

So yes , qc25 is not amazing sound quality compared to say sony 1000xm3 but still its an amazing headphone compared to most of the headphones out there ..

Why I say this is , just telling this edifier headphone amazing and better than qc35 unless you have tested it does not make sense ..

There has been threads like this before where cheap headphone was compared to apple earpods and told they sound equally good .. they dont ! I tested it , I have a first gen airpod and still it does not .. leave alone the current airpods ..

If you have heard both of them and infer then thanks to you for sharing the product ..
Nov 19, 2019
13 posts
4 upvotes
Last time during sale I ordered P841
Now W360BT and TWS1
Wallet is definitely not safe with RFD :)

Anyway, I hope these will work well for watching movies on TV and projector. That's what I bought them for.
Jul 30, 2019
118 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
Received my W855BT's over the weekend. Initial impression is that they feel and sound great, it does feel like they do punch above their price point in terms of quality.

Unfortunately, for some reason there is a sync issue with my TV when watching YouTube, Prime Video, and Netflix, but they seem to work fine when playing video games on the same TV. The interesting thing about my issue is that the audio is ahead of the video instead of behind (by about 100-200ms) which sucks as they aren't working for the primary purpose I bought them for but I'll keep trying to find a solution.

My TV is a Hisense Q8G from a previous sale, has anyone else had a similar issue?
Oct 23, 2009
220 posts
809 upvotes
Edmonton
solariseclipse wrote: Anyone with experience pairing and using with gaming consoles? PS4?
It seems PS4 has their own version of bluetooth so these do not connect. I bought a set of the 830's for my son and we could not get the PS4 to connect via bluetooth.

After completing an online search you will discover only a handfull of headsets are compatible with PS4. You do have the option to purchase a bluetooth dongle from Amazon that is supposed to work.

And unfortunately the aux cable you get with the headphones does not support the mic therefore my son could not communicate with his friends online playing Fortnite. He ended up using an aux cabled with a microphone built in to it from his old headphones.

Sound wise I was quite impressed with the detail coming out of a $50 headphone. And you cannot beat the battery life.
Aug 14, 2019
71 posts
19 upvotes
Got mine from ebay. I am no audiophile but for 35+ they are great!
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1575 posts
4117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Undertow wrote: It seems PS4 has their own version of bluetooth so these do not connect. I bought a set of the 830's for my son and we could not get the PS4 to connect via bluetooth.

After completing an online search you will discover only a handfull of headsets are compatible with PS4. You do have the option to purchase a bluetooth dongle from Amazon that is supposed to work.

And unfortunately the aux cable you get with the headphones does not support the mic therefore my son could not communicate with his friends online playing Fortnite. He ended up using an aux cabled with a microphone built in to it from his old headphones.

Sound wise I was quite impressed with the detail coming out of a $50 headphone. And you cannot beat the battery life.
FYI, I bought the dongle from Amazon, it's from Creative and works like a charm to connect with Bluetooth headphones. In case you need the link, https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00ZYYPFHU/
ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
1261 posts
273 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Picked these up a few months ago. Everything is good except the bass is too heavy. Is there a way to adjust the bass?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
just got them and they sound muffled/high in bass/cheap!
they sound exaclty like the cheaper bludio headphones 2 years ago!
i feel cheated i want to return this item now!

i was so impressed with the reviews - youtube, rfders, online overall, but really?!
NO, it does not sound better than QC35!
It does not even come close to the 40$ wired skullcandy headphones!

My go-to headphones is a 5 year old sony mdr-10rbt which is my standard quality sound. These do not match at all!
perhaps good for a 50$ headphone set quality-wise, but sound-wise, which is the only thing im after, NO!

NO NO NO!
\rant out
Sep 12, 2008
14 posts
7 upvotes
Completely agreed. These headphones were so disappointing given all the glowing reviews on youtube and such. The sound lacks any clarity whatsoever and the bass overpowers all the mids and highs. It just sounds like mud. I'm not even comparing it to high-end phones. My daily drivers are bluetooth QCY QS2s off Aliexpress that I paid $30 for. I also have a pair of umidigi $10 bluetooth earphones from a RFD deal a while back and they sound better than these. It's a real shame as the packaging and build quality are great.

It can't even be product variance as I bought an extra pair as a gift, but I thought the first one was so bad I opened the second and found it equally as terrible. They're both going back to Edifier. I'm pretty sour on the brand now because I can't trust the reviews.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
ohho wrote: Completely agreed. These headphones were so disappointing given all the glowing reviews on youtube and such. The sound lacks any clarity whatsoever and the bass overpowers all the mids and highs. It just sounds like mud. I'm not even comparing it to high-end phones. My daily drivers are bluetooth QCY QS2s off Aliexpress that I paid $30 for. I also have a pair of umidigi $10 bluetooth earphones from a RFD deal a while back and they sound better than these. It's a real shame as the packaging and build quality are great.

It can't even be product variance as I bought an extra pair as a gift, but I thought the first one was so bad I opened the second and found it equally as terrible. They're both going back to Edifier. I'm pretty sour on the brand now because I can't trust the reviews.
oh i have the QCY too. Sound is great, nothing to complain about, but once i put on these W830BT - nope, youre going back asap.
its really disappointing that W830BT has a superb quality on par with the bose, but once you hear it...

i think im just really extra pissed because i heavily heavily relied and trusted all the positive reviews.
Apr 7, 2009
241 posts
135 upvotes
Durham
I ended up ordering the TWS5 and the W830BT. I used the 20% off coupon along with the sale discounts. At these prices, they're unbeatable :)
Regards,
Rodney

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)