• Jan 12th, 2018 8:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10786 posts
1328 upvotes
Edmonton

Edmonton Terror Attack Info *No debate just info*

This is a thread regarding the Sept 30 terror attack in Edmonton for info purposes. Check your opinions about race religion conspericies and other nonsense at the door.

There should be no reason to lock or close this thread. If some jackasses want to post their rants or slants just delete the posts and permanent ban them.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... Ce&ampcf=1

Abdulahi Hasan Sharif is the accused and is being called a lone wolf attacker. He is previously known to police due to investigations of radical opinions and threats he has made in 2015, and is a Somali national currently under the refugee process in canada.

Eps had an updated news conference at 3pm mst and will have another tomorrow morning. I will add more FACTUAL information as it comes to light.

I was actually out of the city last night and didn't find out about this event until I glanced at the rfd ot forum this morning. Deleting locking and censoring this kind of info is a disservice to rfd members so keep the conversation civil and factual without the racist crap.
108 replies
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
546 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
Lol. Yeah that must have been the motive. Quell free speech. Ban me. I dont care. :)
Dec 14, 2007
122 posts
2 upvotes
Ok, The Attacker is Abdulahi Hasan Sharif, a Somali refugee. Then what is his motive?
I give up.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10786 posts
1328 upvotes
Edmonton
As per the EPS the suspect is currently under arrest but charges have not been made. It is expected he will face at least five charges of attempted murder and other terrorism-related charges.

More info about the expected charges that will be laid should be brought to light in tomorrow morning's news conference.

I have to commend how well the eps controlled and put an end to the high speed chase which was right through the downtown core including a very busy night club District along Jasper Avenue and 109 Street.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10786 posts
1328 upvotes
Edmonton
Neon8000 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 7:21 pm
Ok, The Attacker is Abdulahi Hasan Sharif, a Somali refugee. Then what is his motive?
Edmonton Police are supposedly interviewing him today to determine his motive. There was an Isis flag in his passenger seat when he drove through the barricades, into a the police car, and attacked the officer at his initial confrontation earlier in the evening.

It has been indicated in today's news conference that he was extensively investigated in 2015 for the radical views and threats he made at that time but no charges were laid due to insufficient evidence. Too bad actions couldn't have been taken then that may have prevented the events of last night.

I'm quite surprised that the investigation in 2015 made no effect on his Refugee process and he wasn't expelled from Canada at that time. Again possibly another missed opportunity to prevent yesterday's attack.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14156 posts
1000 upvotes
Thank you blaine for consolidating factual information.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1695 posts
76 upvotes
blainehamilton wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 7:32 pm
Edmonton Police are supposedly interviewing him today to determine his motive. There was an Isis flag in his passenger seat when he drove through the barricades, into a the police car, and attacked the officer at his initial confrontation earlier in the evening.

It has been indicated in today's news conference that he was extensively investigated in 2015 for the radical views and threats he made at that time but no charges were laid due to insufficient evidence. Too bad actions couldn't have been taken then that may have prevented the events of last night.

I'm quite surprised that the investigation in 2015 made no effect on his Refugee process and he wasn't expelled from Canada at that time. Again possibly another missed opportunity to prevent yesterday's attack.
Somebody was probably afraid of being labeled as a racist so they dropped the investigation.
Dec 7, 2007
4888 posts
18061 upvotes
Toronto
nabiul wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 8:21 pm
You mean a missed opportunity for our prime minister to give him 10 million dollars.
Note to all.

Come on, absolutely no need for comments like this here in this thread. Feel free to actualy comment on what happened there and post your own opinion, but don't bring up something that has nothing to do with the topic!
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
blainehamilton wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 7:32 pm
he was extensively investigated in 2015 for the radical views and threats he made at that time
Must have had evidence to investigate him in the first place..

Rings of something very typical with these attacks, something along the lines of incompetence and looking the other way, often times for political correctness. Not so much for lack of evidence.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8308 posts
1398 upvotes
Edmonton
Thankfully our justice system is one of the toughest in the world and he'll be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law...... Lol that was difficult to type with a straight face
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
5048 posts
471 upvotes
Should have been deported as soon as there was some evidence of radicalism? What how many other "refugees" are just waiting for an opportunity to strike
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

WENGER IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9964 posts
854 upvotes
Can someone explain to me how a person who was EXTENSIVELY investigated for being extremist years ago, can still stay and obtain refugee status???
Dec 14, 2007
122 posts
2 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 10:00 pm
Can someone explain to me how a person who was EXTENSIVELY investigated for being extremist years ago, can still stay and obtain refugee status???
I guess our politicians and our government have been already infiltrated by ISIS.
I give up.