• Jan 12th, 2018 8:26 pm
Penalty Box
Aug 21, 2008
546 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
kingofwale wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 4:31 am
so... someone who were supposed to be deported by US government, decided to run for the border here and then accepted by our govenment.

Well.. at least now with new government under JT... we plugged that hole.... OH WAIT A SECOND
The walking dead aka brainwashed masses still call people who have pointed out the "elites" agenda for decades "conspiracy theorists".

You want to see what the elites think of the the masses? Look at this opening ceremony/ritual at the gotthard switzerland tunnel when the people in underwear come out bumping in to each other. Merkel and other EU political scum were in attendance.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 4th, 2017 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: off topic video
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
3612 posts
2264 upvotes
Burnaby
In 2012, immigration officials had no reason to red flag Sharif, Goodale said. Events in Edmonton over the weekend in no way indicate that Canada's screening process needs to be enhanced, or that the system failed, he said.
IMHO, there was a red flag in 2012: his 2011 eviction order from the US (i.e., there must have been reasons for that and the US government should have shared that information with the Canadian immigration authorities and secondly that would make him non eligible according to the third safe country agreements.) Isn't this a screening process failure?
yare yare daze...
[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion and advertising]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7279 posts
243 upvotes
aviador wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 8:53 am
IMHO, there was a red flag in 2012: his 2011 eviction order from the US (i.e., there must have been reasons for that and the US government should have shared that information with the Canadian immigration authorities and secondly that would make him non eligible according to the third safe country agreements.) Isn't this a screening process failure?
Of course but Goodale is desperately trying to keep a positive spin on tens of thousands of people walking from the US into Canada.

A terrorist entered Canada from the US and injured 5 of our countrymen. Why is the government sitting on it's hands when dealing with illegal border crossers? What sort of nefarious intentions does this government have?
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14191 posts
1038 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 11:00 am
A terrorist entered Canada from the US and injured 5 of our countrymen. Why is the government sitting on it's hands when dealing with illegal border crossers? What sort of nefarious intentions does this government have?
What is your suggestion for dealing with them? I mostly agree, it should be limited, but I don't really see much more than what is currently being done that can be done without a drastic overhaul of the laws currently in place.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7279 posts
243 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 11:21 am
What is your suggestion for dealing with them? I mostly agree, it should be limited, but I don't really see much more than what is currently being done that can be done without a drastic overhaul of the laws currently in place.
Make a list of "safe" countries and deport anyone from those safe countries the day they walk into Canada. So if you aren't Syrian you're going home today. Show them crossing the border and being deported all in the same day on the evening news and post the videos to YouTube.

Oh and delete Trudeau's tweets and take twitter away from him and Gerald Butts.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
20263 posts
2220 upvotes
Montreal
Ojam wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 11:21 am
Get the US to police their goddamn side of the border. Trump shits on mexico for letting their "rapists" come in to the us, but makes no effort to track and control his own northern border. Should we now build a wall and send the bill to the Donald?

If this guy had a deportation order in 2011, they should have deported him.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1707 posts
77 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 11:37 am
Get the US to police their goddamn side of the border. Trump shits on mexico for letting their "rapists" come in to the us, but makes no effort to track and control his own northern border. Should we now build a wall and send the bill to the Donald?

There are over 40,000 outstanding deportation orders in Canada. They have no idea where those people are. There are millions of illegals in the US. What's your answer?

Build a large gated community in the north. Allow all refugee/asylum claimants to reside there until their claims are finalized. Then release or deport. Maybe this would encourage a speedier process as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
1848 posts
234 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
I doubt any country really cares about the "exit" side of the borders (if that makes sense). They know that the stream of border-crossers between Canada and the US is minimal, so they likely don't care about a few stragglers that make it through. I'd support a wall though.
mr_raider wrote:
Except boohoo illegals have feelings too and all that garbage.
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
614 posts
239 upvotes
Westmount, QC
So it's in the "tough on crime" conservatives hands this terrorist attack

The Conservatives need to answer for their failure and their failed policies . Typical all ideology..no results of conservatives
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:11 pm

The Conservatives need to answer for their failure and their failed policies . Typical all ideology..no results of conservatives
Need to be more subtle if you're gonna provoke a reaction.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29210 posts
2171 upvotes
Winnipeg
mr_raider wrote:

pretty hard to defend 5000km border when trump can't even defend the 2000km with mexico
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
divx wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:20 pm
pretty hard to defend 5000km border when trump can't even defend the 2000km with mexico
He can if he had any help from a useless Congress. (regarding Mexico)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7279 posts
243 upvotes
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:11 pm

I guess both parties share the blame. The Conservatives didn't take border crossers seriously enough and the Liberals haven't done enough to prevent radicalization.

Since the Conservatives aren't in government though, shouldn't the onus be on the Liberals to fix the problems rather than just blame the Conservatives for not fixing them earlier?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29210 posts
2171 upvotes
Winnipeg
AndySixx wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:24 pm
He can if he had any help from a useless Congress. (regarding Mexico)
can't blame congress for not building a wall