• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2007 6:28 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 11, 2007
73 posts

Edward jones interview process

Hi,
I got a call from edward jones..basically they had asked me to fill an online application and they called to follow up on that. The guy told me that the next step would be to sit with their Financial advisor and then phone iinterviews and then a face to fac interview..he sd the hiring takes upto 30-45 days..is it really that slow? im currently in thr US and cant keep flyin back n forth. Someone with experience with their interview process..can u pls advice? any input would help me...thanks, can i ask them to wait for me for a month or so?
5 replies
Mar 4, 2006
371 posts
4 upvotes
i got offered with them last year, the process doesnt even sound close to what you are describing. I had an in person interview, and that was it. They asked me to do a personality survey after that, but I was not interested in the job, so I did not proceed further.
^my two cents^
[OP]
Mar 11, 2007
73 posts
The personality survery you r referring to was done by me as the first step..after your reply im totally confused now..was it for the financial advisor position? coz thts wht they are offering me(well, yet to finalize n offer) but the position is that of a FA.
I called them and asked them to do the next step after 3 weeks, so i have time to fly n all..
Feb 12, 2006
723 posts
5 upvotes
is anyone currently workign in Edward Jones?

I would like to know more about FA or FP...

do they pay you for training? (If any)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
1566 posts
4 upvotes
R. Hill
zwanzig wrote:
Aug 13th, 2007 7:31 pm
is anyone currently workign in Edward Jones?

I would like to know more about FA or FP...

do they pay you for training? (If any)
I don't work for them but know people in the industry and they've all pretty much told me to stay away from EJ. No specifics, just to stay away.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2004
2170 posts
2 upvotes
ynot wrote:
Aug 14th, 2007 11:43 am
I don't work for them but know people in the industry and they've all pretty much told me to stay away from EJ. No specifics, just to stay away.
I'm not sure who you mean by 'industry', but I just came back from an Edward Jones family diversification trip to Europe for one week all paid. If anyone is SERIOUSLY considering to become a Jones FA, please PM me. I personally know quite a few FAs in Canada and the States, and I have a family member who works in HR at Edward Jones.
× < >