Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eglobal central

Zhiyun Smooth Q Gimbal USD $109 (No Tax)

Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
reader09 wrote: Besides motor failing, I see two potential problems. Either non-replaceable battery will die or USB port wearing out.

I see Feiyu Vimble C for $85USD today with eBay 15 off. I wonder if should just buy cheapest one since they will all likely have same longevity.
Ya, that's a potential issue with this (battery, not concerned about the others). When it dies, you need to charge it and may miss key moments. And when it no longer charges, it's not easily replaceable if at all. I have a Smooth II and extra batteries, it's always ready to go. I did buy a Q here for backup.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
2036 posts
934 upvotes
Calgary
Bought one a few months ago.
Great Gimble!
Works really well with Samsung phones with stabilisation on.
Seems to fight iPhones a bit producing a jelly effect.
Dec 17, 2005
270 posts
36 upvotes
Victoria, bc
dammit, same with me. I just couldn't hold back! Thanks OP, sort of!
Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
Marphyin wrote: I got this message.

Warning: Gift certificate code is not valid

Warning: There is no such discount coupon.
Please try again.
Got it. After the coupon, I have space. Delete the space and working fine.
Thanks OP.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Aug 24, 2011
108 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP, was going to use a $50 Amazon gift card I had, and buy it for $199 there, but this is less!
Aug 13, 2017
43 posts
62 upvotes
Ontario
Just last month, eglobal central was offering free shipping to US and they charge $10 for shipment to Canada. Now they seem to have waived the shipping charge for orders to Canada also.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
Have any of you guys used this adapter, specifically for a GoPro Hero 5 Black, with the Smooth Q?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06ZYVDBJ6/ref ... XzbHWXATHS

The reviews are kinda wishy washy, so I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience.

Hopefully the Smooth Q can support the weight of both...
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jan 6, 2014
224 posts
61 upvotes
Burnaby
deezz wrote: Have any of you guys used this adapter, specifically for a GoPro Hero 5 Black, with the Smooth Q?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06ZYVDBJ6/ref ... XzbHWXATHS

The reviews are kinda wishy washy, so I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience.

Hopefully the Smooth Q can support the weight of both...
You can actually mount a GoPro on the Smooth Q with out an adaptor. Simply rotate the mount into portrait fashion and squeeze the GoPro between the clamps. When you turn on the gimbal press the mode button 3 times to make the GoPro face away from you. There a few YouTube videos showing exactly how to do it.
Jun 5, 2011
60 posts
34 upvotes
can vouch for smooth q, was an early adopter works very well, very happy with it on phone or Chinese go pro
Dec 30, 2007
111 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Literally was just looking into these the other day. Great deal, thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1634 posts
665 upvotes
I bought one and returned the same day. I hated the grip being very slippery.
😃
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2448 posts
1282 upvotes
Any import tax and such? If so, I rather ship to USA and pick up.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
bose wrote: I bought one and returned the same day. I hated the grip being very slippery.
Wrap bicycle tape around it from Canadian Tire.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
msavic6 wrote: You can actually mount a GoPro on the Smooth Q with out an adaptor. Simply rotate the mount into portrait fashion and squeeze the GoPro between the clamps. When you turn on the gimbal press the mode button 3 times to make the GoPro face away from you. There a few YouTube videos showing exactly how to do it.
Dude. You just saved me $30! I cancelled my order for the adapter from Amazon after watching a bunch of the videos on YouTube. At the very least I'll try it that way first. Thanks!!

One video actually showed just putting a bottle cap in the holder on top of the GoPro 5 and not having to rotate it into portrait mode. This also kept it more balanced and reduced stress on the motor.

Either way, I'll be trying it without the adapter first. Thanks again.

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Wrap bicycle tape around it from Canadian Tire.
I seriously cannot believe that is a problem someone could not overcome on their own lol.

Jan 12, 2007
274 posts
62 upvotes
Noooo...I just bought this last month from bhphoto after it went on sale for 124USD. Came out to 193CAD after taxes and import fees.

Ah well can't win them all. It works pretty good. I tried it with a GoPro Hero2 and it works pretty decent.

My ultimate goal is to to use it for my gx850 with a 14mm f2.5 but i'd have to come up with an L-bracket mount. There's a hack out there for the rx100

How to remove the bracket:

Example of RX100 hack:
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2448 posts
1282 upvotes
story wrote: Any import tax and such? If so, I rather ship to USA and pick up.
From other thread, it seems they undervalue by a LOT and shipping is fast.
Bought one.
Apr 30, 2006
140 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Astroblue wrote: Noooo...I just bought this last month from bhphoto after it went on sale for 124USD. Came out to 193CAD after taxes and import fees.

Ah well can't win them all. It works pretty good. I tried it with a GoPro Hero2 and it works pretty decent.

My ultimate goal is to to use it for my gx850 with a 14mm f2.5 but i'd have to come up with an L-bracket mount. There's a hack out there for the rx100

How to remove the bracket:

Example of RX100 hack:
Thanks for the tip! Was having a hard time finding an entry level gimbal for my rx100

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)