• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 6:47 pm
Aug 11, 2011
73 posts
30 upvotes
RICHMOND
dealz4all wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 6:01 pm
Is the screen protector tempered glass? If so, was it pre-installed from factory or by eglobal?
It feels like tempered glass.

I actually bought earphones and a glass screen protector from amazon, and opened them in anticipation for the phone.

Turns out, I didn't need either.
Mar 22, 2013
828 posts
180 upvotes
Markham
immenze wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:51 pm
Just received mine. So excited to use.
My LG G6 came and my brother signed for me BUT I am stuck at work fml.
Images
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-08-11 at 1.40.05 PM.jpeg
Dual Sim LG G6 (H870DS)

Koodo Mobile
$55 Unlimited Canada-wide
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
1000 Intl LD minutes, 8 GB Plan
Dec 9, 2006
36 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
pricegrabber wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 2:34 pm
It feels like tempered glass.

I actually bought earphones and a glass screen protector from amazon, and opened them in anticipation for the phone.

Turns out, I didn't need either.
The screen protector that comes on the phone is not Tempered glass. Just out one on. Makes a huge difference compared to the plastic film.
Jul 22, 2017
22 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
Just received my phone. The package looks new. The phone looks like it had been taken out but doesn't seem to be used.
The back seal imei sticker on the back is also there and yellowish.
The box had "TWN" on the label along with a sheet inside the package written in Chinese about Taiwan phone warranty, so it's the Taiwan version.
The white LG G6 has a pink tint metallic frame around it with screen protector.

Packaging included earphones and adapter. No problem with charging.
5Ghz Wifi did not work for me. Someone at XDA said it would work after sim card inserted, so I will try that later.

Also brought the cheap phone clip-on lens and a VR cardboard along with this purchase.
Quite fun to play with.
- If everyone in the world were like you, what would the world be like?
Nov 12, 2009
245 posts
106 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
dang really tempted to get one or just wait it out till the end of the year.
Mar 15, 2017
139 posts
44 upvotes
PenguinRei wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 5:33 pm
Just received my phone. The package looks new. The phone looks like it had been taken out but doesn't seem to be used.
The back seal imei sticker on the back is also there and yellowish.
The box had "TWN" on the label along with a sheet inside the package written in Chinese about Taiwan phone warranty, so it's the Taiwan version.
The white LG G6 has a pink tint metallic frame around it with screen protector.

Packaging included earphones and adapter. No problem with charging.
5Ghz Wifi did not work for me. Someone at XDA said it would work after sim card inserted, so I will try that later.

Also brought the cheap phone clip-on lens and a VR cardboard along with this purchase.
Quite fun to play with.
Yep the white one has the rose gold tint to it if you have this version...someone earlier told me it's different.
May 1, 2017
10 posts
8 upvotes
Shadow888 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 6:51 pm
I would like to join the party as well Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes, anyone has a referral code I can use? Thanks
Try one of below:
-SHIPFAST (for express shipping)
-Create new account and use code EGLBLCNTRL for 10$ off
-Try codes CHKOUT5, NEWS5 for 5$ off
-FEAST for 9$

Cheers
Last edited by simrans on Aug 11th, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1062 posts
1 upvote
Markham
simrans wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 7:00 pm
Try one of below:
-SHIPFAST (not sure this works anymore)
-FEAST for 9$

Cheers

Thanks appreciate it! Thumbs Up SignThumbs Up Sign
Last edited by Shadow888 on Aug 11th, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2204 posts
1368 upvotes
Winnipeg
Guys, unfortunately my package is stolen. The DHL guy called me from outside my apartment building and I asked him to drop it off at my door. However, when I got home, nothing was there. How do I know if he stole it or someone else... I called that DHL guy again and he said he did drop it off and if I cannot find it then call DHL for insurance claim... Wtf... He knows how it works, so I guess it was easy for him to flick the parcel... Felling gutted... Slightly Frowning Face.
Nov 12, 2009
245 posts
106 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Vikram19 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 8:02 pm
Guys, unfortunately my package is stolen. The DHL guy called me from outside my apartment building and I asked him to drop it off at my door. However, when I got home, nothing was there. How do I know if he stole it or someone else... I called that DHL guy again and he said he did drop it off and if I cannot find it then called DHL for insurance claim... Wtf... Felling gutted... Slightly Frowning Face.
why would you ask to have the package dropped where it can easily be stolen? especially when it is a $500+ item? and in an apartment complex? If someone can't be at home to accept the package, you could arrange to pick it up at the DHL depot.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2204 posts
1368 upvotes
Winnipeg
crow13 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 8:06 pm
why would you ask to have the package dropped where it can easily be stolen? especially when it is a $500+ item? and in an apartment complex? If someone can't be at home to accept the package, you could arrange to pick it up at the DHL depot.
They dropped it off for so many of us, even when not asked for... Canada post and purolator do it all the time... I know I should not have done that, thieves all around Pouting Face
Feb 15, 2012
3 posts
simrans wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 7:00 pm
Try one of below:
-SHIPFAST (not sure this works anymore)
-FEAST for 9$
Cheers
I didn't order the G6, but went for the V20 on the site instead. SHIPFAST still works for the free priority shipping. Thank you!
Last edited by Kevindee on Aug 11th, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 30, 2017
47 posts
10 upvotes
Vikram19 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 8:09 pm
They dropped it off for so many of us, even when not asked for... Canada post and purolator do it all the time... I know I should not have done that, thieves all around Pouting Face
yeah they do drop it off without even asking sometimes. Sorry to hear it got stolen. I dont know any of the legal rules for parcels and delivery though

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 2 guests)

onceuponaderek, TorturEd, thendless, mooomoose, twoamazing