• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 6:47 pm
Mar 22, 2013
828 posts
180 upvotes
Markham
Vikram19 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 8:02 pm
Guys, unfortunately my package is stolen. The DHL guy called me from outside my apartment building and I asked him to drop it off at my door. However, when I got home, nothing was there. How do I know if he stole it or someone else... I called that DHL guy again and he said he did drop it off and if I cannot find it then call DHL for insurance claim... Wtf... He knows how it works, so I guess it was easy for him to flick the parcel... Felling gutted... Slightly Frowning Face.
Damn man I'm sorry to hear about that. I don't know much how DHL insurance claims work but I hope if you can't find your phone, it'll go in your favor.
Dual Sim LG G6 (H870DS)

Koodo Mobile
$55 Unlimited Canada-wide
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
1000 Intl LD minutes, 8 GB Plan
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2204 posts
1368 upvotes
Winnipeg
myinglin0318 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:13 pm
Damn man I'm sorry to hear about that. I don't know much how DHL insurance claims work but I hope if you can't find your phone, it'll go in your favor.
Thanks for the kind words... I am so disappointed right now Slightly Frowning Face. How could anyone steal something like this...
Jul 22, 2017
22 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
Vikram19 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 8:09 pm
They dropped it off for so many of us, even when not asked for... Canada post and purolator do it all the time... I know I should not have done that, thieves all around Pouting Face
That's awful. I'm so sorry to hear that. If your apartment complex have security camera, maybe there's a chance to find catch the thief. I think paypal also have buyers protection for 60 days, not sure whether it will works on paypal express or not though.
- If everyone in the world were like you, what would the world be like?
Apr 25, 2012
29 posts
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone running the phone on Telus GTA if so in which area are u located and how is the signal?
Oct 17, 2007
848 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
twoamazing wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 11:01 pm
Anyone running the phone on Telus GTA if so in which area are u located and how is the signal?
im on koodo in downtown so far only tested where i live around spadina and bremner. # of bars are about the same, and as for LTE band i am now connected to band 7 instead of band 2 (had a lg g5 from koodo before).
Oct 17, 2007
848 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
PenguinRei wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 5:33 pm
Just received my phone. The package looks new. The phone looks like it had been taken out but doesn't seem to be used.
The back seal imei sticker on the back is also there and yellowish.
The box had "TWN" on the label along with a sheet inside the package written in Chinese about Taiwan phone warranty, so it's the Taiwan version.
The white LG G6 has a pink tint metallic frame around it with screen protector.

Packaging included earphones and adapter. No problem with charging.
5Ghz Wifi did not work for me. Someone at XDA said it would work after sim card inserted, so I will try that later.

Also brought the cheap phone clip-on lens and a VR cardboard along with this purchase.
Quite fun to play with.
+1...also seems like mine was taken out, can clearly see finger print on the back of the phone ..not sure what the deal is with that, i'm going to send them an email.
Mar 22, 2013
828 posts
180 upvotes
Markham
Hey guys, finally got my new phone set up and it's an amazing phone. So I'm on Koodo and I'm currently connected to band 7 with 3 bars on 4G+, I guess it is equivalent to our LTE+ here? I didn't have to add my own APN since it automatically detected it. I got 173mbps, pretty damn impressed.

The phone had no signs of usage with no fingerprints on it whatsoever. Very very happy with the purchase, coming from the S7. It doesn't have the brightness and colors of the S7 but damn it is still a very sharp display. I'm loving the 18:9 display!

If you have any questions or want me to run some tests, let me know!
Dual Sim LG G6 (H870DS)

Koodo Mobile
Aug 1, 2009
46 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
kit25 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:13 am
+1...also seems like mine was taken out, can clearly see finger print on the back of the phone ..not sure what the deal is with that, i'm going to send them an email.
I'm not sure about you, but mine was open and inspected by customs because it had something to do with the lithium ion batteries inside the phone, I assume it's the same reason.
Aug 2, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
myinglin0318 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:19 am
Hey guys, finally got my new phone set up and it's an amazing phone. So I'm on Koodo and I'm currently connected to band 7 with 3 bars on 4G+, I guess it is equivalent to our LTE+ here? I didn't have to add my own APN since it automatically detected it. I got 173mbps, pretty damn impressed.

The phone had no signs of usage with no fingerprints on it whatsoever. Very very happy with the purchase, coming from the S7. It doesn't have the brightness and colors of the S7 but damn it is still a very sharp display. I'm loving the 18:9 display!

If you have any questions or want me to run some tests, let me know!
Rootable?
Mar 22, 2013
828 posts
180 upvotes
Markham
AndySixx wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 2:51 am
Rootable?
Not yet at the moment. Maybe in the future, maybe not. Check XDA for the thread on this subject.
Dual Sim LG G6 (H870DS)

Koodo Mobile
Oct 17, 2007
848 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Gravyy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 2:46 am
I'm not sure about you, but mine was open and inspected by customs because it had something to do with the lithium ion batteries inside the phone, I assume it's the same reason.
but my dhl bag was intact, doesn't look like it was opened by customs. if it was there's should be some sort of notice? don't see that either.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10460 posts
800 upvotes
Do these comes with plastic screen protectors installed?

If so, they need to remove them from the box to install those.
He who tries will be wasted
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4831 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto
Viper98 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:22 am
Do these comes with plastic screen protectors installed?

If so, they need to remove them from the box to install those.
Got mine yesterday. The stickers on the box were cut but the phone looked brand new. A plastic screen protector was installed.
Jan 6, 2012
67 posts
5 upvotes
PORT MOODY
does this work with CHatr ?

Anything i should know as i'm a noobie when it comes to phones?
Feb 7, 2014
103 posts
29 upvotes
Kitchener
I cant tell if it has a plastic screen on the back or not. Can anybody tell? And how to remove it?

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 2 guests)

onceuponaderek, TorturEd, thendless, mooomoose, twoamazing