[eGlobal] LG G6 H870DS 64GB Dual sim with Quad DAC - ($429-$12) $417 USD Tax in

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 1:41 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3101 posts
512 upvotes
GTA
so buy the tempered glass version or just the standard?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1673 posts
726 upvotes
Ottawa
jarko wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 1:50 pm
so buy the tempered glass version or just the standard?
Not like you save much, but you can get tempered glass SP on ebay for cheaper, so really, up to you.
Dec 16, 2012
299 posts
336 upvotes
Calgary
Chrno wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 3:04 pm
Not like you save much, but you can get tempered glass SP on ebay for cheaper, so really, up to you.
Only thing is with the slow ass shipping time on eBay...IMO buy from eglobalcentral, much faster. I bought 3 on eBay, still didn't arrive (2 wks later), so I bought another one with the 2nd G6 lol
😁
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1673 posts
726 upvotes
Ottawa
globalize9 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 3:36 pm
Only thing is with the slow ass shipping time on eBay...IMO buy from eglobalcentral, much faster. I bought 3 on eBay, still didn't arrive (2 wks later), so I bought another one with the 2nd G6 lol
I bought one from a Canadian seller on ebay. Let's see if it come first or the phone (ordered last night) lol
Mar 5, 2011
285 posts
57 upvotes
I also caved and ordered on 8/21, suppose to arrive tomorrow says tracking.

globalize9 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 3:36 pm
just to give a time frame - I ordered a screen protector and case for another phone from ebay back at the end of June and it actually arrived in Vancouver quite quickly according to tracking - but it seems it took about a month to clear customs.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
11598 posts
1670 upvotes
London
Tip for everyone with this phone... Turn on comfort view on low settings

It actually makes the colours fairly accurate
Jun 9, 2009
525 posts
55 upvotes
Hamilton
For those of you have have it, are you happy?

I am nervous about the warranty but I like the sound and like the fact that it's 64 vs 32 from Koodo. Seems like a hell of a price.

I use Telus and Rogers so I'm not sure of potential bloat from Asia, etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2633 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
Is this the best phone in $500 range? My nexus 5 getting so slow now.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1373 posts
189 upvotes
Vancouver
peji911 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 8:58 pm

I am nervous about the warranty but I like the sound and like the fact that it's 64 vs 32 from Koodo. Seems like a hell of a price.

Overall pretty happy with the G6 H870DS.
I'm coming from a Nexus 4 used from launch date til Feb 2016, and an Oneplus X from then to date.

I'm on Fido and it needed a manual APN setting to set up LTE.

Haven't fully transferred and setup the G6, but it feels good in hand and the battery life is excellent thus far. I have some mid to high end IEMS and wired headphones that might benefit from the 32 bit DAC, looking forward to trying some high resolution audio.

Warranty with HK will be an issue, so hope for the best in terms of usage and no screwed up updates or boot loops issues that affected earlier LG G series.

There's not much bloat on the eglobalcentral.com G6 handsets, you can disable, uninstall or hide the apps with a launcher of your choice.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2633 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
I have a friend that goes to Taiwan very often, does anyone know if she can take my receipt and request warranty repair?
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Jul 22, 2017
142 posts
79 upvotes
Pingu in the city
peji911 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 8:58 pm
osuman wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 10:16 pm
I have a friend that goes to Taiwan very often, does anyone know if she can take my receipt and request warranty repair?

I'm quite happy with it. It might not be the best flagship phone in every field, but it does have its edges. (Camera's manual mode is pretty good.)
I replaced the launcher to nova launcher, deleted the facebook app that came with it, set the camera to the highest resolution. It's all good to go like stock android experience.
For warranty, I'm actually not too sure. The Taiwan warranty paper in box said something about the receipt according to google translate. I don't think eglobal's receipt works in this case.

Here's the warranty paper from box: https://i.imgur.com/wfAnKYn.png

Just some thoughts after a week.
  • 18:9 and the thin bezel looks really nice. Like a phone you will still hold onto during 2018~2019.
  • The battery life is good.
  • The speaker is so-so and one-sided at bottom.
  • Hifi dac is good on my Audio-Technica SJ5 headphones. (flac files)
  • The screen is like Nexus 4,5's IPS screen colour preference. Not too colourful but neutral tone.
  • The back camera is alright at auto mode. Dual cam is pretty good for scenery.
  • The manual camera mode with noise reduction in settings along with the dual camera is great! Best feature on this phone.
  • The front camera looks meh. However it works pretty well with selfie apps such as "Line camera" & "Looks".
  • Not much heat generated from phone while gaming.
  • 64GB is great for me.
osuman wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 9:06 pm
My Nexus 5 is actually on par with LG G6 in terms of UI speed, but Nexus 5 does slowdown a lot during gaming/running heavy apps.
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress + Metal filter | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter | Kalita narrow-mouthed pot
Nov 24, 2014
191 posts
104 upvotes
Quebec, QC
osuman wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 9:06 pm
Arguably. Depending on the ongoing deals, you might also find the Galaxy S7 or Pixel around that price too, which are also great phones. I've been using the G6 for 4+ months and I'm very satisfied with the phone.
Nov 26, 2003
26 posts
7 upvotes
Terrace
How is your call quality with this phone? I find that others have some difficulty hearing me when I call out. If the phone isn't pressed up right beside my cheek apparently it cuts out, sort of like the microphone is doing some noise cancellation. I've heard of some trick to disable lte voip option but I can't find it on the phone.

I'm currently with Fido and the towers are like 77m away based on a lte test.

Thanks