Expired Hot Deals

[EGS] Epic games sale PC USD

  • Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2019 1:22 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26045 posts
11492 upvotes
codejerry wrote: Satisfactory is fun game too if your into base builders.
I was so hyped about this game until it exclusived on Epic.
So they lost a sale.
TheGuard wrote: They don't have the full capability of Steam yet but why would they when they just launched?
I wonder what kind of capability they'd have if they took the money they threw at game developers and instead used it to improve their platform.
Security may be an issue but they are getting better and will continue to. Even credit card companies get hacked.

No disputes here. I'm actually surprised Steam hasn't been hacked.
If you cite exclusives as the reason, you're avoiding the whole Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony reality.

They're usually exclusiveing their own titles.
I've never heard of them throwing money at a game developer to stay off other platforms.
They charge less and give more to the developers;
Someone did the math on reddit and Steam does take 30%.
But when you count the other things like 3rd party market keys (which steam distributes for but sees zero money) they're closer to I think it was 20%.
If you're on Steam exclusively then yeah it's 30%. But there's nothing stopping the game developers from being on Humble, GMG, and the hundred of other key selling places.
Everything activates on Steam which means they get all the benefits but none of the costs.
Sure they'll "lose" a few sales to Steam which costs them 30% but the more they push their own/3rd party markets the more money they gain back.
All this anti-Epic talk is just anti-competitive.
The funny thing is... Epic is the one being anti-competitive.
When was the last time you heard of Steam throwing money at a game developer to be exclusive on their platform?
They're literally buying their way into the market all while crapping on the end user along the way.
Newbie
Dec 18, 2006
82 posts
161 upvotes
vancouver
damn it, bought WWZ 2 weeks ago.

Great game, and a nice refresh/update to Left For Dead.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7436 posts
4039 upvotes
Toronto
aos007 wrote: Isn't that a pretty good deal for Metro Exodus?
downloading the CPY release and not supporting anti consumer backroom third party exclusivity contracts is a pretty good deal too
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14506 posts
3774 upvotes
I miss the days when people just commented on a deal instead of sharing their unsolicited opinions.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2011
2752 posts
1217 upvotes
West Coast
Bastards, Borderlands was discounted despite them saying the price would increase closer to release. Lost 10 USD.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Newbie
Oct 27, 2016
69 posts
95 upvotes
TheGuard wrote: Another misinformed Steam-shill. They don't have the full capability of Steam yet but why would they when they just launched?
The fact they don't have seemingly basic features proves that it was a rushed launch to capitalize on all of the accounts made due to Fortnite, which is essentially free marketing to millions of accounts. There isn't even a shopping cart function available, like pretty much every other store...


TheGuard wrote: If you cite exclusives as the reason, you're avoiding the whole Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony reality.
Yeah, those are first party exclusives, I will give them that, but each of them are in the console space which is the platform. PC IS the platform, getting Third-Party games locked in exclusivity to certain stores is extremely anti-consumer, there is no reason for it outside of greed.
TheGuard wrote: All this anti-Epic talk is just anti-competitive.
All this anti-Epic talk is because their business model is garbage and shouldn't be rewarded. If it is we will start to see other companies emulating the process and everything will become more and more anti-consumer.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 12, 2007
2241 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
Lazy Susan wrote: Epic is trash Chinese spyware
Facebook is trash US spyware. Twitter. Amazon. Anything online anywhere where you have to enter any information is probably selling it or collecting it for somebody. Your point? Big data is big business. If you're that worried, better stay off the internet completely.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Member
Dec 8, 2009
286 posts
242 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Bastards, Borderlands was discounted despite them saying the price would increase closer to release. Lost 10 USD.
I don't think you lost out on anything.
I pre-purchased a game before the start of the Epic Mega Sale and that game hasn’t launched yet. Should I cancel my pre-purchase and then buy it again to take advantage of the $10 discount?
No, you don’t have to! Every player who pre-purchased an unreleased game in the Epic Games store prior to May 16th, 2019 for $14.99 and above will receive a $10 refund! You will receive your $10 refund automatically to the payment method you used in the next 7-12 days.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2011
2752 posts
1217 upvotes
West Coast
TempletonPeck wrote: I don't think you lost out on anything.
Brilliant, thanks for that.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
[OP]
Member
Aug 17, 2010
281 posts
168 upvotes
Cenetry wrote: Tencent owns 40% of Epic, so its delusional to think that they don't have any input on business decisions or don't have access to customer data.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/how-t ... -fortunes/
You don't think valve has private share holders? Just because its not listed publicly doesn't mean they don't. At least with epic being public you know more about the company and its dealings. Unlike steam where its kept behind closed doors and they don't need to notify public. Last I heard gabe only owned 50% so who owns the other 50% makes you wonder. I doubt employees would get stock for private company as it just wouldn't be worth anything.
Member
Aug 31, 2011
300 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
codejerry wrote: It's funny because pc gamers were ok with blizzard doing exactly that. No where near as much hate but its fortnite. Its popular gotta hate it cuz kids play it. I didn't see people boycott overwatch/wow or battle.net. Instead of fear mongering to spread your personal views let people decide themselves?
No they weren't, I've personally received a phone call from their support when they tried to go 1984 + Facebook on Battle.net. Mind you they've managed to put a few things from that list since then but nothing as horrible as they wanted it to be. However Activision and Blizzard have over played their cards and are losing players and money.

And Epic will now ban you for buying too many games. So buy if you're going to but one at the time.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 14, 2013
723 posts
1388 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Salty People here. God damn, we're here for the Deals not the talk around the Software. There is a Forum for that.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2013
1080 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto
aos007 wrote: Isn't that a pretty good deal for Metro Exodus?
Yes that is a good price for that game but won't be shocked if it drops further in price as my experience with it was as bad as the time I returned Lost Planet 3 to a Family Video and they could see I was in so much pain from playing what was supposed to be a game that they let me get something else. Metro Exodus was awful from what I played of it and I gave it a very good chance. Like with other Metro games it leaves you wishing another programming team / publisher had it so the good in the game would not be drowned by all that is buggy, stupid and wrong with the games. I can say I really dislike that series.

Top