[EGS] Epic games sale PC USD

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2019 1:22 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1080 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for sharing OP. Some games are priced pretty good and I just finished playing World War Z and while I feel that there is no motivation to play the game beyond the easiest level of play completing the adventure that price is really good. Now thing is though I played it on console so I can't speak for how that thing has played on PC in terms of quality. Also the price on Metro Exodus is really good if you really need to play it. and have enjoyed the previous Metro games.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1232 posts
242 upvotes
The Quantic Dream games Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls at 9.99$ and Detroit at 30$ are the best deals Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Nov 22, 2015
90 posts
99 upvotes
TheGuard wrote: If you cite exclusives as the reason, you're avoiding the whole Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony reality. They charge less and give more to the developers; I'm all for the reinvestment to new games.
All this anti-Epic talk is just anti-competitive.
Console exclusives aren't really a good thing either. They're a bit necessary because there is legitimate investment needed to port games from one console to another. If Sony ponies up the cash to help a dev with getting their code running and on marketing, it's not totally unfair that their console gets an advantage from that. Stores buying up exclusives is another thing.

Epic should stop dumping if they want to stop anti-competitiveness in the marketplace. Epic themselves have admitted that they're losing money on unsustainable deals and pricing.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2734 posts
800 upvotes
sRPlay1989 wrote: Salty People here. God damn, we're here for the Deals not the talk around the Software. There is a Forum for that.
Isn't part of the deal whether or not the company you're buying from or how it's made is ethical? I assume saving $5 on a product made with forced labour wouldn't be OK with you... where do you draw the line on how much you discuss about the product / manufacturer / vendor in the discussion of the deal? What are people afraid of. You don't have to believe it, but the deal isn't just the price: it's product, it's the company, it's how the materials are sourced, it's the seller... all of that.

What I don't get why people think it DOESN'T matter (ahem mods ahem). Ah, because it makes the tone of the site "not all smiles Disneyland". We also decide how we participate here how RFD runs their business. It's all pertinent, but again, this site is private property, and if the mods want a squeeky-clean site that never talks about "bad stuff" that's their prerogative, but while it keeps some people engaged, it repels others. It's the balance that matters.
Last edited by lorax1284 on May 19th, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
na na na na na na na na na NA.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
766 upvotes
Moncton
So let me get this straight, you guys love google/android but are concerned with the epic store. Google really does have a monopoly on most people’s information...
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2241 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
sRPlay1989 wrote: Salty People here. God damn, we're here for the Deals not the talk around the Software.
What deals? At the rate they're going, the 'sale' is going to be cricket and tumbleweed in a day or two when every publisher pulls out of it. At this point, it's better just to lean back, watch, and make snide remarks. Some dumpster fires can be entertaining.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4067 posts
2069 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Yes that is a good price for that game but won't be shocked if it drops further in price as my experience with it was as bad as the time I returned Lost Planet 3 to a Family Video and they could see I was in so much pain from playing what was supposed to be a game that they let me get something else. Metro Exodus was awful from what I played of it and I gave it a very good chance. Like with other Metro games it leaves you wishing another programming team / publisher had it so the good in the game would not be drowned by all that is buggy, stupid and wrong with the games. I can say I really dislike that series.
I played dozen and dozen of first person shooter in the last 5 years and Metro Exodus is in my top 2.

This game is immensely great if you like the genre.

Also i got zero crash in 30 hours of game and some bugs from time to time but nothing close to a Bethesda or BioWare games.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4067 posts
2069 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
aos007 wrote: Isn't that a pretty good deal for Metro Exodus?
Yes it is.

This game is incredible.

If you loved the first two games or loved STALKER, you'll love this!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3212 posts
1247 upvotes
Hot! Added to my malware sandbox to play with!
Apr 8, 2005
905 posts
616 upvotes
All the crying about an additional launcher never ceases to amaze me. Regardless of any shortcomings Epic may have as a firm, at least they are trying to break the stranglehold Steam has on PC game distribution, and the 30% (!!!) revenue share Steam requires for simply hosting game files, providing a shopping cart, and hosting user forums. In 2019 that's a ridiculous share of the revenue, and it's no wonder big studios have moved to support Epic. To me, it is very similar to situations like TekSavvy, Acanac, Freedom Mobile, INGDirect etc: trying to break oligopoly/monopoly situations that ultimately harm the marketplace.

If the price we have to pay is only a new game launcher, that's a true RedFlagDeal in my opinion.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26040 posts
11487 upvotes
Mykolas wrote: 30% (!!!) revenue share Steam requires for simply hosting game files, providing a shopping cart, and hosting user forums. In 2019 that's a ridiculous share of the revenue, and it's no wonder big studios have moved to support Epic.
If your ONLY distribution platform is Steam, then yes it's 30%.
But if you leverage Steam but use a 3rd party sales platform it gets to be less.
Not quite 12% or whatever Epic is charging but it's still less.
If the price we have to pay is only a new game launcher, that's a true RedFlagDeal in my opinion.
For me it's not even the launcher that bothers me.
It's the scummy business practices.
I'd rather actually pay more for Steam because of the crap Epic is doing in terms of exclusiveing titles.

If they're actually worthy, they wouldn't need to buy their way into the ring with a crap product.
There's no reason a developer couldn't release both on Epic (with let's say a cheaper price) and Steam (with a "regular" price) and let the end user pick.

Source: Was excited for Satisfactory. No longer excited.