• Jan 18th, 2019 10:48 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8371 posts
1423 upvotes
Edmonton
EnlightenedMind wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 2:16 am
As I started a full time job, this was for 2 days within the most recent 2 week period. As I make an annual salary, I had to estimate my earnings for the 2 days by dividing the yearly salary by 52 (weeks), then by 5 (5 days in a week) and then multiple by 2 (for 2 days in the week).

When I entered this amount in, it now states the following:

"Provide the 10 digit phone number with area code of each employer for whom you worked during the period of this report."

Are they going to call my current employer to verify this information? If yes, what question(s) are they going to ask?

Or are they just going to keep this phone # on file?
Not likely but they could
Aug 21, 2018
102 posts
15 upvotes
clseea wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 2:20 am
Not likely but they could
If they do, is it just to verify the gross amount that I entered in? Is there anything else that they ask?

They only ask for the phone # and no other details about the company.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4894 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto
Will there be a 2nd or 3rd info session where you have to hand them a sheet of the resumes you've submitted? or other types of audits?

i had one back in early Nov.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1838 posts
626 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 1:55 pm
Will there be a 2nd or 3rd info session where you have to hand them a sheet of the resumes you've submitted? or other types of audits?

i had one back in early Nov.
Likely not.
Jan 6, 2019
1 posts
I have been receiving my EI payments and I am owed 23 payments and I have only received 6 of them. My last payment was on in the beginning of December and I have been waiting for me cheque for over 20 days, I called the service Canada branch in my town and they said there are payments missing from EI, and they gave me a phone number. I called 64 times in the matter of 2 days and I wasn’t put through or able to talk to anyone so I’ve been calling every 10 minutes for the past 5 days and I haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone. I called service Canada after a week of not receiving my cheque to ask if I was able to come into the branch and resolve the issue but I was told the only thing I can do is call the number they gave me for EI because they don’t “have my file on record”
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4894 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto
KaylebK52843 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 3:07 pm
I have been receiving my EI payments and I am owed 23 payments and I have only received 6 of them. My last payment was on in the beginning of December and I have been waiting for me cheque for over 20 days, I called the service Canada branch in my town and they said there are payments missing from EI, and they gave me a phone number. I called 64 times in the matter of 2 days and I wasn’t put through or able to talk to anyone so I’ve been calling every 10 minutes for the past 5 days and I haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone. I called service Canada after a week of not receiving my cheque to ask if I was able to come into the branch and resolve the issue but I was told the only thing I can do is call the number they gave me for EI because they don’t “have my file on record”
U didn't pick direct deposit?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1838 posts
626 upvotes
KaylebK52843 wrote:
You have to call the hotline because the Service Canada Centre’s can only provide you with basic information.

They cannot access your full electronic file. Try call when the line first opens in the morning.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8371 posts
1423 upvotes
Edmonton
KaylebK52843 wrote:
What does your My Service Canada Account tell you in terms of when you should have received it? Is your claim even still active?
Mar 2, 2011
159 posts
44 upvotes
West
Hi. I have some questions regarding how to leave a contract job and ensure I qualify for EI.

I have a contract job where they are not providing me the training I need to do it. I’ve been here for 6 months and have figured out as much as I can. I know code “A” lay off will auto quality for EI. But what about if I’m dismissed? The Supervisor flat came out to say I am not fit for the job last week. So far this week they have done nothing yet. I DO want to get laid off so I can look for something else. I would never have taken this job if I knew they were not going to train me. I had over 5 months of EI left that I didn’t use yet. If the employer refuses to let me go, is there anything I can do? I don’t want to quit and get nothing either.

Any advice please?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8371 posts
1423 upvotes
Edmonton
lil_dreams wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:46 pm
Hi. I have some questions regarding how to leave a contract job and ensure I qualify for EI.

I have a contract job where they are not providing me the training I need to do it. I’ve been here for 6 months and have figured out as much as I can. I know code “A” lay off will auto quality for EI. But what about if I’m dismissed? The Supervisor flat came out to say I am not fit for the job last week. So far this week they have done nothing yet. I DO want to get laid off so I can look for something else. I would never have taken this job if I knew they were not going to train me. I had over 5 months of EI left that I didn’t use yet. If the employer refuses to let me go, is there anything I can do? I don’t want to quit and get nothing either.

Any advice please?
They're not going to lay you off, or at least they shouldn't. They can dismiss you with notes of you not being a good fit. This can still allow you to qualify as you're not being dismissed due to misconduct. You don't have just cause to quit. If they do nothing and keep you on then you keep working... Better to have a job than not. Look for another job while you're still employed.... Although it sounds like you just want to collect EI......
Last edited by clseea on Jan 8th, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1825 posts
198 upvotes
Ok first time user here. I filled out online forms for EI last week (2nd) and got my access code today (8th)

When I log into My Service Canada I don't see any information about my claim, banking info, etc. Will it take the month for me to start seeing this updated or should I be seeing some sign of activity now?

My ROEs are all up to date online.

Do I need to do the bi-weekly report if I haven't been approved yet?
Jun 20, 2016
74 posts
51 upvotes
lil_dreams wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:46 pm
So far this week they have done nothing yet. I DO want to get laid off so I can look for something else. I would never have taken this job if I knew they were not going to train me. I had over 5 months of EI left that I didn’t use yet. If the employer refuses to let me go, is there anything I can do? I don’t want to quit and get nothing either.

Any advice please?
what's stopping you for actively looking now ?

*now* is the best time
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8371 posts
1423 upvotes
Edmonton
killuminati wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:42 pm
Ok first time user here. I filled out online forms for EI last week (2nd) and got my access code today (8th)

When I log into My Service Canada I don't see any information about my claim, banking info, etc. Will it take the month for me to start seeing this updated or should I be seeing some sign of activity now?

My ROEs are all up to date online.

Do I need to do the bi-weekly report if I haven't been approved yet?
It takes up to 28 days for your claim to be processed
Dec 25, 2016
16 posts
1 upvote
GTA
Hi,

I am currently working on a 6 month contract job. If the company offers to hire me permanently and I decline because it's a toxic work environment (President intimidating employees by ridiculing them in front of everyone and I mean really bad to the point that I wanted to get up and walk out), would I still be able to file for EI if I have enough hours to qualify? Please if someone can answer as soon as possible because my contract ends soon. Thank you so much for any assistance.
Aug 24, 2016
16 posts
1 upvote
I got declined on my sickness benefits , i guess you did need 600 hours to qualify even tho my area the EI rate is 13% think 466 hours would be enough , o well .. no point in appealing it .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)