• Oct 15th, 2019 11:38 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
jaguaar wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:08 am
clseea - Thanks for replying. The RoE is in place for a year actually. Some moron posted a note in my file that it is missing. Called and had the rep note in the file that it is available and not missing. 2 weeks later - same story. Again called and was told it was "expedited"
The next blind agent again put in same note - RoE missing.
Called and had the rep post in size 20 fonts that it was NOT missing. Again got it expedited.
Nothing happened.
Called again ...."we see every thing is in order and will get it expedited within 5 days"
5 days have gone by. Called again, ""we see every thing is in order and will get it expedited within 5 days"
I wish the bloody MP had to call me 5 times when govt needed the EI from my paychecks for 20 years
I don't understand what you mean by "ROE is in place for a year"? As in your employer electronically submitted your ROE to Service Canada a year ago?

Stop calling and physically go to your MPs office.

I feel like there's missing information in this story
Dec 17, 2018
6 posts
Thank you for all the good advice on this thread. I do have one question that I haven’t been able to find an answer for.

I had a severance pay in a lump sum which was part severance and part a bonus that was earned well before I was out of work. My boss would delay, stall, avoid and do anything she could to not pay my bonus while I was working for her. It should have been paid in December 2017 but ended up being lumped in with my severance which was paid recently.

My question is do I have to claim the bonus as earnings when I do my online reporting? The online reporting asks about money earned during the valid weeks but this was earned over a year ago.

Thanks again for your help.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
Elonwy137 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 9:55 pm
Thank you for all the good advice on this thread. I do have one question that I haven’t been able to find an answer for.

I had a severance pay in a lump sum which was part severance and part a bonus that was earned well before I was out of work. My boss would delay, stall, avoid and do anything she could to not pay my bonus while I was working for her. It should have been paid in December 2017 but ended up being lumped in with my severance which was paid recently.

My question is do I have to claim the bonus as earnings when I do my online reporting? The online reporting asks about money earned during the valid weeks but this was earned over a year ago.

Thanks again for your help.
If it was reported in your ROE, no. If it wasn't then you should technically declare it, but it shouldn't have a "negative" impact on your claim
Jan 18, 2019
2 posts
Question about receiving benefits...

First of all thank you to the original poster and keeping that first post information up to date! As well as all the great advice throughout. Thanks as well to clseea, Electricute, Wilmega, OldMarriedGuy, Ipip12, BubbleGuppy. The information here is very helpful

After almost 4 months of applying for and appealing an EI decision (denied on appeal) I submitted a SST dispute last week with some new evidence.

I received an email 1 week later from an SST member. Its basically 2 PDFs with “Decision” in the title and at the end of the 2nd PDF it states the “appeal is allowed”.
Does this mean there won’t be a hearing. I’ve been anticipating a “hearing” date or denial of appeal.
I’d call them directly now but it’s the weekend and wouldn’t mind knowing if this is what it means ASAP

Thanks again
Jan 20, 2017
224 posts
35 upvotes
clseea wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:48 am
I don't understand what you mean by "ROE is in place for a year"? As in your employer electronically submitted your ROE to Service Canada a year ago?

Stop calling and physically go to your MPs office.

I feel like there's missing information in this story
clseea - Thanks for being so helpful in this thread. There is nothing missing in my story, got laid off last year with a 1 year sev package, applied for EI and was told that I need to reapply after one year which I did. The moron who handled my case put a note that my roe is missing even though it was submitted a year ago and I can see it. Have since called repeatedly, have been told that they see the roe, nothing is missing, case is being expedited, I will hear within 5 days and after every 5 days back to same BS.
By end of coming week I will be w/o money for two months.
And this is the first time in my life I am trying to get some help from the system in which I have paid for 21 years non stop.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
jaguaar wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 7:31 am
clseea - Thanks for being so helpful in this thread. There is nothing missing in my story, got laid off last year with a 1 year sev package, applied for EI and was told that I need to reapply after one year which I did. The moron who handled my case put a note that my roe is missing even though it was submitted a year ago and I can see it. Have since called repeatedly, have been told that they see the roe, nothing is missing, case is being expedited, I will hear within 5 days and after every 5 days back to same BS.
By end of coming week I will be w/o money for two months.
And this is the first time in my life I am trying to get some help from the system in which I have paid for 21 years non stop.
IF that's the extent of things, physically go speak to someone at your MPs office
Jan 1, 2019
3 posts
My son was on EI FOR THREE MONTHS,after which he received a letter instructing him to attend an info meeting at a service Canada 40 minutes away. My son does not drive, and there is no transit from our small town to there. He contacted the contact number, and said he could not make the app. and was told he would receive one more app. date, that he must attend. He said he would make that one for sure !! Unfortunately, this rep cut him off EI, RATHER THAN SEND THE NEW DATE. my son then called , and was told by a representive, that she was reversing this, and would have 6 weeks retroactive pay, within 3 business days and his claim reinstated. Well here it is 2 weeks later, and his claim online has Not been reinstated, nor has any money been deposited in his account. He calls the office of this rep this past Wed (she never answers, but promises a 48 hr call back). My son has had it !!! What can he do now,
Jan 1, 2019
3 posts
P.S. some background on his claim; he was employed by same business for approx. 7 yrs, and the elderly owners decided to retire without any notice to my son. He had no problem establishing a claim, and starting EI ,but now that he has escalated his issues with a \ higher up/ the local service Canada, says their hands are tied as they have got no access to the files of this representative.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
KathyT51647 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 12:21 pm
My son was on EI FOR THREE MONTHS,after which he received a letter instructing him to attend an info meeting at a service Canada 40 minutes away. My son does not drive, and there is no transit from our small town to there. He contacted the contact number, and said he could not make the app. and was told he would receive one more app. date, that he must attend. He said he would make that one for sure !! Unfortunately, this rep cut him off EI, RATHER THAN SEND THE NEW DATE. my son then called , and was told by a representive, that she was reversing this, and would have 6 weeks retroactive pay, within 3 business days and his claim reinstated. Well here it is 2 weeks later, and his claim online has Not been reinstated, nor has any money been deposited in his account. He calls the office of this rep this past Wed (she never answers, but promises a 48 hr call back). My son has had it !!! What can he do now,
KathyT51647 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 12:31 pm
P.S. some background on his claim; he was employed by same business for approx. 7 yrs, and the elderly owners decided to retire without any notice to my son. He had no problem establishing a claim, and starting EI ,but now that he has escalated his issues with a \ higher up/ the local service Canada, says their hands are tied as they have got no access to the files of this representative.
Keep calling or go visit your MPs office
Jan 18, 2019
2 posts
Disregard my post from yesterday above... re-reading the letters it states that the respondent (Employment insurance) have “conceded” the appeal. Meaning now they agree with why I left my employment
Seeing as how I had done maybe a few weekly reports and was denied about 4 months ago is this something that will take a while to sort out. Or is it expedited in any way? Should I ask for it be expedited? I could really use the money right now to take further training

Who would know more about this, EI or the SST?
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9917 posts
3877 upvotes
Calgary
masu485 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 4:56 pm
Thanks for the quick reply!

Is there a limit as to how long I can go on it? I spoke with a rep during September and they said I was able to stay on EI while I was working part time and collect less. This all expired around October.

I'm wondering if that was a trick just to get me to use up all my weeks early and get paid less? I never deactivated my claim, it just says it's ended when I log in now.
Sorry for the late reply. You have 52 weeks to collect your entitlements.

If you work part time, your EI payment will be reduced accordingly, but it still counts as one week paid.
Mar 20, 2018
2 posts
Hello

Hopefully someone can answer some questions for me. My wife is on mat leave with ei, it last about 12 months and she still has about 6 months left on Ei before going back to work.

My question is because myself (the husband) am not working atm. We decided to switch positions and my self stay home with the baby and she go back to work.

Is it possible to have the Ei transfered over to my name for the remaining 6 months and my wife go back to work.

If so how would we go about doing this?

Thanks for any help
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
bots2bots wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 6:23 pm
Hello

Hopefully someone can answer some questions for me. My wife is on mat leave with ei, it last about 12 months and she still has about 6 months left on Ei before going back to work.

My question is because myself (the husband) am not working atm. We decided to switch positions and my self stay home with the baby and she go back to work.

Is it possible to have the Ei transfered over to my name for the remaining 6 months and my wife go back to work.

If so how would we go about doing this?

Thanks for any help
You need to apply for parental benefits. Provided you have enough hours you can use the balance of your combined amount of parental benefits left.
Sep 25, 2016
113 posts
25 upvotes
So my boyfriend’s Mom got a letter saying how she needs to provide a doctors note. She went to go get the doctors note today. Does this mean she will get approved after submitting the doctors note? Also is this EI or sickness benefits then?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
tt1688 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 8:45 pm
So my boyfriend’s Mom got a letter saying how she needs to provide a doctors note. She went to go get the doctors note today. Does this mean she will get approved after submitting the doctors note? Also is this EI or sickness benefits then?
No, it means she needs to submit a doctor's note.
Sick benefits are a type of EI benefits.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)