• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2019 8:15 am
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1946 posts
726 upvotes
OutsideYourWorld wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:20 pm
Hey there. Question about when I should "reactivate" my claim. I was on EI for a couple months, November and December. In January I got working again with a seasonal job, ending late March. Instead of reporting that I had began a job on my next report, I put off making the report until now, which is now "late" and the website says I should reactivate my claim before I can submit a report.

My question is: Should I just not submit a report until this job ends late march (and thus I would need to get back on EI), or should I go ahead with reactivating, submitting a report, and specifying that I started a job? Then just reactivating my claim again at the end of this job? I believe my EI period ends in October.
Wait until March.
Feb 12, 2019
1 posts
Hi,

I have a question- I was working with a “X” company for 3 years tenure and in the 2018 Nov I got a new job and joined them but they have terminated in the span of 2 months and one week.

•Firstly would be eligible for EI ?
If yes which company insurable EI will I get? PS: my new company pay was cutting the EI.

•Secondly will my future company know I have claimed my EI and the reasons why the company fired me ?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1946 posts
726 upvotes
Abhilashkumar67 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 10:21 pm
Hi,

I have a question- I was working with a “X” company for 3 years tenure and in the 2018 Nov I got a new job and joined them but they have terminated in the span of 2 months and one week.

•Firstly would be eligible for EI ?
If yes which company insurable EI will I get? PS: my new company pay was cutting the EI.

•Secondly will my future company know I have claimed my EI and the reasons why the company fired me ?
Your new company pay was cutting the EI? I’m not sure what that means.

If you were paying into EI the whole time you would be fine.

Your future company doesn’t get EI information and they would only be aware of your termination if you told them about it.
Jan 28, 2019
14 posts
Well I spoke with what I believe to be the level 2 officer. She asked me a few questions and I provided an additional doctors note. She said everything looks ok on her end and she approved it, but says now it has to go back to a calculations officer for final review. What does that mean? Does this mean my Sickness benefits are approved?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8455 posts
1455 upvotes
Edmonton
ssmithgander636389445374175903 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:06 am
Well I spoke with what I believe to be the level 2 officer. She asked me a few questions and I provided an additional doctors note. She said everything looks ok on her end and she approved it, but says now it has to go back to a calculations officer for final review. What does that mean? Does this mean my Sickness benefits are approved?
Likely
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8455 posts
1455 upvotes
Edmonton
ssmithgander636389445374175903 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 12:58 pm
What could be preventing it at this point? I have spoken to level 1 and level 2 officers.
I reread your original post.. If she said she approved it then go with what she said. Or call her back to confirm. No point speculating needlessly
Dec 21, 2011
81 posts
SURREY
Hey guys, I'm currently on sickness with a recovery date of February 9th (which I extended with a doctors note: pending).

So I got paid for Jan 6-12 and Jan 13-19. It is now 3rd week of February, but I haven't been paid for any weeks after that. I've completed all the reports in a timely manner.

Should I just wait longer or give them a call?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8455 posts
1455 upvotes
Edmonton
PrimePlaya wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 7:13 pm
Hey guys, I'm currently on sickness with a recovery date of February 9th (which I extended with a doctors note: pending).

So I got paid for Jan 6-12 and Jan 13-19. It is now 3rd week of February, but I haven't been paid for any weeks after that. I've completed all the reports in a timely manner.

Should I just wait longer or give them a call?

Thanks
Did you do any other reports????
Dec 21, 2011
81 posts
SURREY
clseea wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 10:24 pm
Did you do any other reports????
Yes.. I completed all reports after Jan 19th (last payment). Actually, I just saw my account on Service Canada, and it seems my last report was rejected (did it today). I am asked to call.

I'll ask to clarify as to what happened...

Thanks.
Oct 8, 2015
509 posts
237 upvotes
here comes a complicated situation -

A person went on sickness benefit for 15 weeks for both physical and mental sickness. Upon the end of sickness leave, physical and mental situation is recovered but family doctor suggests not going back to the same environment as it might trigger mental breakdown again. Can find a job somewhere else. Therefore, told the HR that she's gonna resign per doctor's advice. Now trying to collect regular EI but only got ROE dated 15 weeks ago because HR said "you're not earning anything from the company within the sickness benefit period so will not issue another ROE for this period".

Under this circumstance, what is the last day the person's with the company?
(1) Date of resignation
(2) Last ROE date with the company

if it's (2) then obviously it has passed the EI application period which is 4 weeks. Any experience?
Nov 2, 2011
3 posts
PRINCE GEORGE
When can I expect my first payment of regular EI benefits after my application has been approved. I searched in My Service Canada, but there is no information there for me on this.
Dec 25, 2016
19 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
If you start a claim in February 2019, your entitlement is for 22 weeks, your end date is next February 2020, and you have almost enough insurable earnings for this period (give or take a month or 2), does this mean your claim would actually end in February 2019 or at the 22 week mark? I understand it depends on whether you have enough insurable earnings but why would your entitlement be only for 22 weeks then? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1946 posts
726 upvotes
AdventureMe wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 5:47 pm
If you start a claim in February 2019, your entitlement is for 22 weeks, your end date is next February 2020, and you have almost enough insurable earnings for this period (give or take a month or 2), does this mean your claim would actually end in February 2019 or at the 22 week mark? I understand it depends on whether you have enough insurable earnings but why would your entitlement be only for 22 weeks then? Any help would be very much appreciated.
At the 22 week mark. Your weeks of entitlement is based on the amount of hours you worked and the unemployment rate in your area.
Mar 4, 2018
74 posts
13 upvotes
naticom wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 2:43 pm
here comes a complicated situation -

A person went on sickness benefit for 15 weeks for both physical and mental sickness. Upon the end of sickness leave, physical and mental situation is recovered but family doctor suggests not going back to the same environment as it might trigger mental breakdown again. Can find a job somewhere else. Therefore, told the HR that she's gonna resign per doctor's advice. Now trying to collect regular EI but only got ROE dated 15 weeks ago because HR said "you're not earning anything from the company within the sickness benefit period so will not issue another ROE for this period".

Under this circumstance, what is the last day the person's with the company?
(1) Date of resignation
(2) Last ROE date with the company

if it's (2) then obviously it has passed the EI application period which is 4 weeks. Any experience?
The last day the person is with the company is the last they they worked and/or got paid for. But none of this matters. Get a doctor's note indicating that she should quit her job for medical reasons, bring it into a Service Canada office, and call EI asking to be switched to regular benefits.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Savak2015