Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8552 posts
1498 upvotes
Edmonton
User487634 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 9:24 am
Can someone help?

I applied on May 2 and since then have had no updates other than being sent the Access code for the reports.

I have followed up multiple times and had the case "escalated" a number of times. All I am told every time is that the file has been assigned and that it is pending. What the heck is going on? This is causing q lot of anxiety at home as you can imagine.
Pay your MP a visit, that would be the only other way to escalate it more quickly. Delays happen for a variety of reasons so it's impossible to know for sure without seeing your claim.
Dec 12, 2017
5 posts
They are wilfully incompetent. They should have notes on the file or something.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8552 posts
1498 upvotes
Edmonton
User487634 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 8:26 am
They are wilfully incompetent. They should have notes on the file or something.
So you're saying they have no notes on file and no one is able to tell you why there are delays? I find that hard to believe

What did your MP tell you... if you paid him/her a visit
Jun 14, 2019
1 posts
Hi guys.

I really need some advise on following.

I was on EI medical leave in for stress and severe depression .Now i started looking for a job except the company I worked previously. (Since that job and company contributed much to situation.)

Its 3.5 weeks now an i couldn't get into a job though i had 2 -3 interviews already. Will I be able to apply for regular benefits If i can't find a job after a long time..Also i was asked to get a medical note for my recovery and my question is

1) DO DOCTOR HAVE TO MENTION IN RECOVERY NOTE THAT I COULDN'T GO BACK TO SAME COMPANY (OR SAME TYPE OF JOBS ) BECAUSE OF STRESS ISSUES?
2) I JUST RELOCATED FROM PREVIOUS PLACE AND SHOULD I GET THE RECOVERY NOTE FROM SAME DOCTOR?

Much grateful if someone can advise as early as possible .
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9783 posts
3687 upvotes
Calgary
Jaitin677 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 7:32 pm
Hi guys.

I really need some advise on following.

I was on EI medical leave in for stress and severe depression .Now i started looking for a job except the company I worked previously. (Since that job and company contributed much to situation.)

Its 3.5 weeks now an i couldn't get into a job though i had 2 -3 interviews already. Will I be able to apply for regular benefits If i can't find a job after a long time..Also i was asked to get a medical note for my recovery and my question is

1) DO DOCTOR HAVE TO MENTION IN RECOVERY NOTE THAT I COULDN'T GO BACK TO SAME COMPANY (OR SAME TYPE OF JOBS ) BECAUSE OF STRESS ISSUES?
2) I JUST RELOCATED FROM PREVIOUS PLACE AND SHOULD I GET THE RECOVERY NOTE FROM SAME DOCTOR?

Much grateful if someone can advise as early as possible .
1) Your doctor's note should mention that you are capable of working, with the exception of the old company as it was the source of the stress leave.
2) No, the medical note can be from different doctors.

With that, you should have no problem getting regular EI providing you have sufficient hours to qualify.
Aug 6, 2011
42 posts
10 upvotes
St Catharines
Hi all,

I have a few questions.

I'm currently on EI, however I got a job offer, It's very enticing. I'm fairly certain i'll be accepting it. The only issue is the job won't need to be filled until early August. (Actual start date is TBD.)
Do I report that to EI now, or do I wait until a few weeks prior to the start date? I don't want to jeopardize my benefits.

Lastly,

If i go ahead, and register a sole-proprietorship will that also jeopardize my EI? I'm not going to be actively working at that for a few months from now anyways, just was going to register it, and get some account stuff setup.

Thanks!
Aug 6, 2011
42 posts
10 upvotes
St Catharines
Hi all,

I have a few questions.

I'm currently on EI, however I got a job offer, It's very enticing. I'm fairly certain i'll be accepting it. The only issue is the job won't need to be filled until early August. (Actual start date is TBD.)
Do I report that to EI now, or do I wait until a few weeks prior to the start date? I don't want to jeopardize my benefits.

Lastly,

If i go ahead, and register a sole-proprietorship will that also jeopardize my EI? I'm not going to be actively working at that for a few months from now anyways, just was going to register it, and get some account stuff setup.

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8552 posts
1498 upvotes
Edmonton
ozzi12 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 1:16 pm
Hi all,

I have a few questions.

Report it when you start working. Anything could happen between now and then, so keep looking for work and keep reporting like normal.
Lastly,

Thanks!
If you're not actually doing any self employed work, no need to report anything. Report it when you start pursuing the work.
Jun 19, 2019
4 posts
Hi friends,

I was on ei medical after a surgery .I approached the same company after recovery and UNFORTUNATELY they told they don't have a job for me. (Verbally they told).

What document should i get from this company if i need to go for regular EI?

Or do i have to get ROE again ??( But i got ROE already before i apply for EI SICK)
Mar 4, 2018
82 posts
15 upvotes
adamjohny wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 9:19 pm
Hi friends,

I was on ei medical after a surgery .I approached the same company after recovery and UNFORTUNATELY they told they don't have a job for me. (Verbally they told).

What document should i get from this company if i need to go for regular EI?

Or do i have to get ROE again ??( But i got ROE already before i apply for EI SICK)
Call up EI and tell them that. Your verbal statement will be sufficient unless there is reason to doubt otherwise.
Sep 10, 2017
115 posts
99 upvotes
Hello all,

How would EI waiting period and payments work in the following situation:
Laid off on Friday June 28.
Found temporary contract work paying ~$400 per day from Wednesday July 3 - Tuesday July 20 (on weekdays)
Not working Mon July 1- Tue July 2 (no holiday pay), and from Wed July 31 - Tue August 27.
Likely back to work either on Wed Aug 28 or September 2nd.

Q1) Does the waiting period need to be a full uninterrupted monday-friday week? I'm assuming using Mon July 1-Tue July 2 and Wed July 31- Fri Aug 2 would not work.

Q2) Could the waiting period be Wed July 31 - Tue Aug 6, or will it need to be Mon Aug 5- Fri Aug 9?

Is there any other tips for this situation? Thanks, and sorry if this has already been asked in the last 16,000 replies.
Apr 13, 2019
13 posts
Hi, my claim I currently get $475 per week. This week I work 35 hours, or $630. How much EI would I get? Or, should I just refused payment and save a week of EI? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8552 posts
1498 upvotes
Edmonton
Einsteinish wrote:
Jun 29th, 2019 6:57 pm
Hi, my claim I currently get $475 per week. This week I work 35 hours, or $630. How much EI would I get? Or, should I just refused payment and save a week of EI? Thanks.
Nothing. 35 hours is considered a full work week.
Apr 13, 2019
13 posts
clseea wrote:
Jun 29th, 2019 7:05 pm
Nothing. 35 hours is considered a full work week.
I thought it went by dollars earned?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)