• Apr 23rd, 2019 2:42 pm
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9659 posts
3443 upvotes
Calgary
toronto771 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2012 8:49 pm
and how will I notify them after I need to re-activate my benefits. What if they say that since you have a full time job already my EI hours reset to zero if I need it again. This is why I'm afraid to pause it

Thank you for your answers

To reactivate your claim, file another application online.
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9659 posts
3443 upvotes
Calgary
Grapes25 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2012 8:50 pm
My last day of work was Nov 25th 2011 and I applied right away. No separate money or vacation pay. It took a while for my claim to be accepted due to being misinformed about being a student.

So on my payments page it shows the most recent payment: March 11, 2012 to March 24, 2012 = Paid and at the very bottom of the list weeks December 04, 2011 to December 17, 2011 to January 15, 2012 to January 28, 2012 (4 payments) as $0 net amount paid and not reprocessed.

So my 4 reports for Feb 8th 2012 don't seem to have been processed.

You should visit your local SC centre and inquire a CSO in person.
Mar 28, 2012
6 posts
SCARBOROUGH
ABDI2997 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks a gain b166er1337
I am still waiting for their decision and also the payment, I am in dire need of money.
Here is my statistics:
I submitted my application in March 14.
Online, it says Start Date of Claim: March 18, 2012.
March 30: first report for two weeks
April 2: drop off my Request for ROE slip at the Scarborough Service Canada Centre (my part time job)
April 6: second report
The third report can be filed on Friday, April 20 at 8:00am
According to these statistics:
How long it takes for Service Canada to get my part time ROE?
If the decision released this week, that means the payment will be released right away?
Will this payment cover the period started from the laid off day?
I did not pass the second career assessment, if I apply for the OSAP, may this affect the amount that I will get from the EI?
My wife got an admission for two years program in the college; she is going to apply for the OSAP, will this affect my EI payment?
Thank you so much.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2008
1231 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Hi b166er1337, I just applied online for EI and was laid off last month. I am going to be receiving severance + benefits, but I didn't see a part in the application where I was able to fill out that information. Tried to check my application but realized I didn't enter any email and that they'd be sending me an access code through the mail, so stumped for now.

Did I miss the part where I was able to enter that information in or will they find out in the ROE/through my employer? If I did miss it, can I change that part of the application, or do I have to call Service Canada to make the change?

Thanks!
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9659 posts
3443 upvotes
Calgary
ABDI2997 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks a gain b166er1337
I am still waiting for their decision and also the payment, I am in dire need of money.

-----

According to these statistics:
How long it takes for Service Canada to get my part time ROE?
If the decision released this week, that means the payment will be released right away?
Will this payment cover the period started from the laid off day?
I did not pass the second career assessment, if I apply for the OSAP, may this affect the amount that I will get from the EI?
My wife got an admission for two years program in the college; she is going to apply for the OSAP, will this affect my EI payment?
Thank you so much.

If you are in dire need, go to your local Service Canada centre and tell them so. You'll need to fill out a form. If it's deemed true dire need, then your claim will be expedited.

You will get payment within 2 business days if your claim is approved. OSAP is not employment related so it won't affect your benefit rate.
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9659 posts
3443 upvotes
Calgary
ruhroh wrote:
Apr 6th, 2012 11:44 pm
Hi b166er1337, I just applied online for EI and was laid off last month. I am going to be receiving severance + benefits, but I didn't see a part in the application where I was able to fill out that information. Tried to check my application but realized I didn't enter any email and that they'd be sending me an access code through the mail, so stumped for now.

Did I miss the part where I was able to enter that information in or will they find out in the ROE/through my employer? If I did miss it, can I change that part of the application, or do I have to call Service Canada to make the change?

Thanks!

There is no field to enter your email address. The major reason is due to security, but personally I think they're just slow adopters to new technology.

They will find out the severance pay and separation monies from your ROE. However, it's best if you call in and report these monies.
Feb 11, 2012
958 posts
72 upvotes
CONCORD
I have a question:

What if you had a job for 4 years which you left but didn't use the EI money for that period and then found other jobs which you subsequently left of your own accord and finally found a job that you've been at for 4 months but was laid off for reason outside of your control, would you be eligible for EI even though you haven't been there for 52 weeks and didn't have the right amount of hours for the region (lets say Vaughan where it is 8.6% hence 595 hours)

Also, is it better to start a new claim or continue with the old one?
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9659 posts
3443 upvotes
Calgary
anyasok wrote:
Apr 8th, 2012 11:45 pm
I have a question:

What if you had a job for 4 years which you left but didn't use the EI money for that period and then found other jobs which you subsequently left of your own accord and finally found a job that you've been at for 4 months but was laid off for reason outside of your control, would you be eligible for EI even though you haven't been there for 52 weeks and didn't have the right amount of hours for the region (lets say Vaughan where it is 8.6% hence 595 hours)

Also, is it better to start a new claim or continue with the old one?

So you quit job A and job B, and was laid off by job C (in which you work less than 595 hrs)?

I need more details, such as your last day of work for each of the three jobs. Also, were you approved for EI for quitting job A?
Oct 10, 2011
396 posts
69 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Do they jsut reactivate your claim when you re-apply or do they start the whole process over again? I was approved after two interviews the first time and have basically quit my full time job again for the DREAM of CPost Letter carrier. The below makes me think so, no?

"Additional Notes

If you have applied for Regular benefits you may be sent a notice requiring you to attend a group information session.

If you started a new EI claim within the last 52 weeks and there are still weeks payable on that claim, we will automatically reactivate (renew) your existing claim."
Apr 9, 2012
1 posts
TORONTO
I want to stop getting EI benefits and work on reestablishing a new claim period. I'm guessing if I just stop doing the online reporting my claim will end. (I would rather not repeat the dozens of attempts to contact people by telephone that I went through the last time I wanted to talk to someone at HRDC about EI.)

I worked for decades with no EI. I left an employer several years ago and took temporary employment with another employer. That turned into almost two years' work. That work started to get sporadic, so I started to draw a pension in March. Of course, that made me ineligible for EI and I have not completed an online report since I applied for my pension. (Interesingly, if I drew down RRSP I think I would still be eligible for EI, but that is a different issue.)

Anyway, my Er did not issue me an ROE when a began receiving my pension. I expect to start getting temporary work again in June. I'm thinking that will restart my process of working enough hours to reestablish my EI eligibility.

Do I have to report anything to HRDC that I have started to receive pension income in order to start collecting ensurable hours? Or can I just stop reporting to EI and have my claim lapse?
Dec 11, 2010
280 posts
280 upvotes
I have been working for 2 years on a government contract. They cannot renew my full time contract. Can I go on EI and work part time or will I not be eligible as I havent received an ROE
Jan 11, 2008
4 posts
Hello

I have 2 situations I need you to address if you can

1st my husband got laid off on in Jan and we finally got around to applying for EI. He received severance money
EI sent him back a letter letting him know they will not send him any money on until July

Question: does his start time for EI start in July or does it start back in Jan when he got laid off
Also how would he find out how much money they will be depositing in his account every two weeks

Another situation is
This is my first year working supply for the school board, thefore from what I understand in the summer they will send my ROE to Service Canada then I can file for EI as of the last day of school

Question can i travel given the fact I will be returning to work in September and this is the deal for all supply staff from the school board or even pernament EAs
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4312 posts
1178 upvotes
Toronto
What happens if you do not apply for EI immediately after losing your job? E.g. if you apply 1 month after your last pay, do you still have to wait another 2 weeks waiting period? Do you get retroactive EI for the 2 weeks after the waiting period that you would have received if you applied right away?
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9659 posts
3443 upvotes
Calgary
fredsub12 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2012 12:23 pm
Do they jsut reactivate your claim when you re-apply or do they start the whole process over again? I was approved after two interviews the first time and have basically quit my full time job again for the DREAM of CPost Letter carrier. The below makes me think so, no?

"Additional Notes

If you have applied for Regular benefits you may be sent a notice requiring you to attend a group information session.

If you started a new EI claim within the last 52 weeks and there are still weeks payable on that claim, we will automatically reactivate (renew) your existing claim."

1) Yes, whenever you reactivate your claim and there are contentious issues on file, they will have to be adjudicated.
2) Your claim will be automatically reactivated, but they could easily slap Disqualification or Disentitlement on file which will make your claim unpayable.
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9659 posts
3443 upvotes
Calgary
Flagger1 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2012 5:24 pm
I want to stop getting EI benefits and work on reestablishing a new claim period. I'm guessing if I just stop doing the online reporting my claim will end. (I would rather not repeat the dozens of attempts to contact people by telephone that I went through the last time I wanted to talk to someone at HRDC about EI.)

I worked for decades with no EI. I left an employer several years ago and took temporary employment with another employer. That turned into almost two years' work. That work started to get sporadic, so I started to draw a pension in March. Of course, that made me ineligible for EI and I have not completed an online report since I applied for my pension. (Interesingly, if I drew down RRSP I think I would still be eligible for EI, but that is a different issue.)

Anyway, my Er did not issue me an ROE when a began receiving my pension. I expect to start getting temporary work again in June. I'm thinking that will restart my process of working enough hours to reestablish my EI eligibility.

Do I have to report anything to HRDC that I have started to receive pension income in order to start collecting ensurable hours? Or can I just stop reporting to EI and have my claim lapse?

If you want to get off EI, stop file your reports and no further payment will be issued. Your claim will go dormant.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)