• Mar 15th, 2019 9:47 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8448 posts
1452 upvotes
Edmonton
TayThom wrote:
Apr 17th, 2016 6:33 pm
I'm going to college for medical office assistant. It's a year long. I have scoliosis and it causes major pain that's why I got the time off from the doctor. My current job as a nursing assistant is really demanding and me having to help lift clients and doing their care really puts a strain on my back. That's why I decided to do office work now.
Chances are very slim you'll get EI. You need to prove that if you weren't sick, you'd be otherwise available for work. You're not proving that if you're in college. So unless you got approved for schooling by your provincial training authority prior to enrolling and/or starting, you shouldn't get benefits
Apr 12, 2016
7 posts
clseea wrote:
Apr 17th, 2016 2:44 pm
Submit all ROEs from at least the past 52 weeks
thank you clseea, so in my situation, am i eligible to get EI? if i pass all the ROE
Jan 15, 2006
118 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Quit my job over a year ago never received an ROE from my employer. Did some traveling etc. Do you only need an ROE if your applying for unemployment insurance? Does it matter that I don't have an ROE from my last employer? Does an employee have to ask for an ROE or is it sent automatically? Any help would be appreciated thank you.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1942 posts
720 upvotes
ahbib wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 6:53 am
Quit my job over a year ago never received an ROE from my employer. Did some traveling etc. Do you only need an ROE if your applying for unemployment insurance? Does it matter that I don't have an ROE from my last employer? Does an employee have to ask for an ROE or is it sent automatically? Any help would be appreciated thank you.
Yes the ROE is only for EI. If you quit you don't qualify for EI (for the majority of circumstances). Also, the qualifying period for EI is the past 52 weeks. If you haven't worked you would have 0 hours and you wouldn't qualify based on that criteria either.
Jan 15, 2006
118 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm looking for work now, would it make sense for me to go to the unemployment office without an ROE?Technically I'm unemployed without the need for the unemployment insurance. Can the unemployment office help with the job search?
Apr 12, 2016
7 posts
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 7:11 am
Yes the ROE is only for EI. If you quit you don't qualify for EI (for the majority of circumstances). Also, the qualifying period for EI is the past 52 weeks. If you haven't worked you would have 0 hours and you wouldn't qualify based on that criteria either.
hello OMG, how about i have full time work that going to be laid off at the end of may, the suddenly i got a PT job last week which 2 days a week, am i qualified?
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9581 posts
3307 upvotes
Calgary
ahbib wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 7:19 am
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm looking for work now, would it make sense for me to go to the unemployment office without an ROE?Technically I'm unemployed without the need for the unemployment insurance. Can the unemployment office help with the job search?
if you quit over an year go, you won't have any hours to establish the claim, even if you quit with just cause.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
9581 posts
3307 upvotes
Calgary
louiepascual wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 7:48 am
hello OMG, how about i have full time work that going to be laid off at the end of may, the suddenly i got a PT job last week which 2 days a week, am i qualified?
We already answered this question. Yes you will qualify but you need to submit both ROE.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Jan 15, 2006
118 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks guys just to make it clear I don't want unemployment insurance. I quit my job and I'm OK with that. I do need a job now and was wondering if going to the unemployment office would help my job search? Does it matter that I don't have an ROE for my records?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1942 posts
720 upvotes
ahbib wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 10:43 am
Thanks guys just to make it clear I don't want unemployment insurance. I quit my job and I'm OK with that. I do need a job now and was wondering if going to the unemployment office would help my job search? Does it matter that I don't have an ROE for my records?
They won't help you find a job. They will direct you to find a job on http://www.jobbank.gc.ca. However, certain in person Service Canada centres have computer access if you do not have access at home.
Jan 15, 2006
118 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks friend. I just realized that my unemployment isn't even recorded in the stats for unemployment collected by the government each month. I wonder how many other people do not report they're unemployment......
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1942 posts
720 upvotes
ahbib wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 5:01 pm
Thanks friend. I just realized that my unemployment isn't even recorded in the stats for unemployment collected by the government each month. I wonder how many other people do not report they're unemployment......
Lots...
Apr 5, 2016
13 posts
2 upvotes
Question about medical...I applied for it back on April 5th for a badly sprained ankle. I have not heard anything yet. Does it take longer for them to figure out? I should receive something by snail mail, correct? As there is nothing on the Service Canada when I log on and check messages. Thank you!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1942 posts
720 upvotes
teacherquestion wrote:
Apr 19th, 2016 1:31 am
Question about medical...I applied for it back on April 5th for a badly sprained ankle. I have not heard anything yet. Does it take longer for them to figure out? I should receive something by snail mail, correct? As there is nothing on the Service Canada when I log on and check messages. Thank you!
It's only been 2 weeks. The general processing time to start your claim is about 28 days. There is a 2 week waiting period to start your claim unless you've used up all your paid sick leave immediately before applying for EI.
Apr 12, 2016
7 posts
b166er1337 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 10:38 am
We already answered this question. Yes you will qualify but you need to submit both ROE.
yeah thank you, but can i get ROE at my PT job? im
new there.