• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 11:17 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2104 posts
1183 upvotes
canadacanada wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 3:36 pm
I'm now on week 11!!!!!! I haven't heard from anyone from service Canada. I call daily. They say, someones going to call you. No one ever does. 11 weeks, 2 months back due on rent, no food for the last 6 weeks, can't pay any bills. System is a joke! 28 days my ass!
Did you quit or get terminated from work? If not, something is definitely missing in your claim which is causing the delay. The only other possible causes for the delay could be an error on your ROE, you indicated jobs you worked at in the last 52 weeks but no ROE has showed up or some other type of issue. Claims are processed in 28 days if everything is 'normal'.
Apr 4, 2012
27 posts
TORONTO
Hi,

My EI application finally got processed. Initially during the application I said I'd need 5 weeks of Paternal leave but I've had to increase it to 7 weeks total.

How do I notify Service Canada of this? I couldn't find it after logging on to their site. My employer is already aware and made the necessary adjustments.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
bottles123 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 5:46 pm
Hi,

My EI application finally got processed. Initially during the application I said I'd need 5 weeks of Paternal leave but I've had to increase it to 7 weeks total.

How do I notify Service Canada of this? I couldn't find it after logging on to their site. My employer is already aware and made the necessary adjustments.
Call in
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2104 posts
1183 upvotes
bottles123 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 5:46 pm
Hi,

You call them.
Mar 22, 2017
2 posts
HI there,
I have been at the same work place for over year and love my job. I work out in the community and have been experiencing really bad panic attacks while driving. When I get stuck in traffic I sweat, my mouth goes dry and my heart pounds. Since January this has happened about 6 times. Driving is part of my job as I do home visits. In addition my cell phone rings all day which results in my anxiety to heighten. I find myself distracted at the wheel even though I use blue tooth. I have experienced cronic nausea, weight loss and headaches. Had numerous tests and doctors tell me symptoms are a result of anxiety (generalized anxiety disorder). I went to a naturopath a few times to seek answers and he too said I had bad anxiety. I have been on medication since december and the doctor just increased it today. My job is high stress and I work a lot of hours in addition I take calls at all different hours. I have told my boss I'm burning out but nothing changes. I feel my only option is to quit.
Will I qualify for EI? If I need a Doctors nite what should it indicate?
Last edited by Sarper on Mar 23rd, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 22, 2017
2 posts
HI there,
Lots of great information here. My question is the following. .. I have been employed for over a year with my current employer. I love my job but have been suffering with anxiety the past 6 months. I have tried so hard to push through and have been on different medication. I was at the doctor today to increase my dose as it is not completely effective. I drive and work out on the community. Lately I have been panicking every time I get stuck in traffic. I sweat my mouth goes dry and I want to throw up. This has happend about 6 times since January. I have a very high stress job I get calls emails and text messages all day long while I drive. Its getting to point that when I hear my phone I feel sick. I have had cronic nausea and had to get a scope and colonoscopy done (I'm only 31). Doctor said it's anxiety. I am expected to drive in horribe conditions (snow) which makes my anxiety even worst. I work a lot of extra hours and take calls all the time. I am always asked to work over time and told to take leu days buts it's impossible to take these days as there is so much to do. Since I have started this job I have lost about 15 pounds and always feel a great deal of preasure which has resulted in headaches, anxiety attacks and a feeling of always being on edge. I have never had problems sleeping until this job began and i get up 2-3 times per night. I have two small kids and am always asking they be quiet so I can take calls. I feel completely worn out and have nothing more to give.
If I quit my job will I qualify for EI? Would my reason's for quitting be just?
Last edited by Sarper on Mar 23rd, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 25, 2017
2 posts
I also have a question. I had to quit my job to look after my Parents. My Mum passed away 4 & a half months later, now it's just me & my dad.
My Employer took over a year ( OVER A YEAR) to get my ROE in, I had asked for it multiply times. I have just been turned down for EI because apparently I don't have enough hours in? ( I worked for about 9 months there)
We are looking into now to finding a Home for my Dad, because he can't afford to pay me & I can't work while looking after him ( 24/7 care) I don't understand any of this? I want to look after my Dad, I DON'T want him going to a Home...but neither of us can afford to live without any money.
I also can not get my T4 from my ex employer , so can't do my Taxes. How does this terrible person get away with this? I am tired of fighting the Employer & the Government. if my Dad goes to a Home...the guilt of that will kill me...I need help..please!!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
Sarper wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 10:28 pm
HI there,
Lots of great information here. My question is the following. .. I have been employed for over a year with my current employer. I love my job but have been suffering with anxiety the past 6 months. I have tried so hard to push through and have been on different medication. I was at the doctor today to increase my dose as it is not completely effective. I drive and work out on the community. Lately I have been panicking every time I get stuck in traffic. I sweat my mouth goes dry and I want to throw up. This has happend about 6 times since January. I have a very high stress job I get calls emails and text messages all day long while I drive. Its getting to point that when I hear my phone I feel sick. I have had cronic nausea and had to get a scope and colonoscopy done (I'm only 31). Doctor said it's anxiety. I am expected to drive in horribe conditions (snow) which makes my anxiety even worst. I work a lot of extra hours and take calls all the time. I am always asked to work over time and told to take leu days buts it's impossible to take these days as there is so much to do. Since I have started this job I have lost about 15 pounds and always feel a great deal of preasure which has resulted in headaches, anxiety attacks and a feeling of always being on edge. I have never had problems sleeping until this job began and i get up 2-3 times per night. I have two small kids and am always asking they be quiet so I can take calls. I feel completely worn out and have nothing more to give.
If I quit my job will I qualify for EI? Would my reason's for quitting be just?
If your doctor advises you to quit and you've exhausted reasonable alternatives to quitting you'll be ok
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
User824492 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2017 1:04 pm
I also have a question. I had to quit my job to look after my Parents. My Mum passed away 4 & a half months later, now it's just me & my dad.
My Employer took over a year ( OVER A YEAR) to get my ROE in, I had asked for it multiply times. I have just been turned down for EI because apparently I don't have enough hours in? ( I worked for about 9 months there)
We are looking into now to finding a Home for my Dad, because he can't afford to pay me & I can't work while looking after him ( 24/7 care) I don't understand any of this? I want to look after my Dad, I DON'T want him going to a Home...but neither of us can afford to live without any money.
I also can not get my T4 from my ex employer , so can't do my Taxes. How does this terrible person get away with this? I am tired of fighting the Employer & the Government. if my Dad goes to a Home...the guilt of that will kill me...I need help..please!!!
If you can't work you're not going to qualify for EI.
Feb 15, 2009
17 posts
5 upvotes
Hello, first time on this forum and I have some questions regarding my EI claim.

1.) When I was laid off near the end of 2016, EI restarted my old claim when I applied, this of course only gave me very little weeks of entitlement and is soon to run out. Will my new claim start up on its own? (I have the needed hours and was laid off due to shortage of work) Or will i need to re-apply again and wait the 2 week waiting period etc?

2.) As our economy is terrible here in NL (unemployment rate of amost 15%) My gf and I are considering moving provinces (Ontario) to find work. If my new claim starts while I am in NL then we move to Ontario, will this have any impact on my claim other than change of Address?

thank you for any information.

-Geoff
Cost 0$ to be a decent Human Being.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2104 posts
1183 upvotes
Spokesmen wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 11:48 am
Hello, first time on this forum and I have some questions regarding my EI claim.

1.) When I was laid off near the end of 2016, EI restarted my old claim when I applied, this of course only gave me very little weeks of entitlement and is soon to run out. Will my new claim start up on its own? (I have the needed hours and was laid off due to shortage of work) Or will i need to re-apply again and wait the 2 week waiting period etc?

2.) As our economy is terrible here in NL (unemployment rate of amost 15%) My gf and I are considering moving provinces (Ontario) to find work. If my new claim starts while I am in NL then we move to Ontario, will this have any impact on my claim other than change of Address?

-Geoff
It should start automatically but it's always a good idea to call and confirm.

Changing your address shouldn't have an impact on your claim.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
Spokesmen wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 11:48 am

-Geoff
You'll need to reapply. You're outside the timeframe for what is called a subsequent claim, which is when you would automatically roll over to a new claim.
Mar 28, 2017
1 posts
hello,

I got laid off in feb, its my first time applying EI, though i received severance pay for 8 weeks, and will start to receive my ei benefit on may
however during this march i withdrew my RRSP and DPSP contribution from my last employer about 2k
Do i have to report it to EI? if so, how?
thanks
Jan 20, 2007
464 posts
118 upvotes
Niagara
I'm currently on EI (about 12 weeks in out of 38 weeks). I just received an offer for full time employment. If I take the offer but the employer decides I'm not a good fit before the probation period ends would I be able to continue the previous EI claim or do I start another one? Assuming I didn't quit or do something stupid to get fired and the company simply decided it didn't want me would I be able to claim EI again? How are the weeks calculated?
God always forgives. Man often forgives. Nature never forgives.
Mar 25, 2017
2 posts
I do work...I am my Father's FULL time caregiver 24/7
I do this because my Dad doesn't want to go to a Home
I am starting to get it though...it doesn't matter about our Elderly, it doesn't seem anyone really cares, I mean the Government. I WORK my ass off looking after my Dad, I'm very sure that if he had to go to a Home that would be much more expensive for the Government. OR having 24/7 Government Home Care come in to look after him.
When my Dad passes...I guess, oh f**kng well. I will die from the guilt