Careers

EI (Employment Insurance) discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 9:34 pm
Mar 8, 2004
108 posts
15 upvotes
Kanata
Sorry if this has been asked previously but difficult to find the exact answer to my question.

If I am on EI and I have temporary full-time work say for 3 weeks. I know during those 3 weeks I won't receive any EI based on the amount I will be earning. If I report my earnings and do not receive any EI, will those 3 weeks be added to the end of my claim? What is the best way for me to handle this situation? Is there a way to suspend the EI for 3 weeks?

Thanks.
Jul 28, 2016
9 posts
Good Day,

I have 18 weeks left till my end of claim date. I am doing some part time work and will have weeks left over. What is the process to access those weeks after the end date?

Thanks in advance.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7743 posts
1245 upvotes
Edmonton
NSorbust wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 8:32 am
Good Day,

I have 18 weeks left till my end of claim date. I am doing some part time work and will have weeks left over. What is the process to access those weeks after the end date?

Thanks in advance.
There is no process. Your claim ends when you're paid out your weeks or you reach the end of your benefit period, whichever happens first
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7743 posts
1245 upvotes
Edmonton
gumby_ng wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 3:05 pm
Sorry if this has been asked previously but difficult to find the exact answer to my question.

If I am on EI and I have temporary full-time work say for 3 weeks. I know during those 3 weeks I won't receive any EI based on the amount I will be earning. If I report my earnings and do not receive any EI, will those 3 weeks be added to the end of my claim? What is the best way for me to handle this situation? Is there a way to suspend the EI for 3 weeks?

Thanks.
Simply report the hours and earnings, your claim won't be shut off for that short of a period. The weeks are pushed back to be used later, provided you have enough space in your benefit period.
Last edited by clseea on Apr 21st, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 20, 2017
2 posts
I just completed a 16 month position during which I had perhaps 4 unpaid sick days. My claim was denied because I am 26 hours short of the necessary insurable hours. Do I have any grounds for an appeal in hopes of making those unpaid sick hours insurable?
Mar 8, 2004
108 posts
15 upvotes
Kanata
clseea wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 9:33 am
Simply delete the hours and earnings, your claim won't be shut off for that short of a period. The weeks are pushed back to be used later, provided you have enough space in your benefit period.
Thanks for the response. What do you mean by delete the hours and earnings?

Also, I assume this doesn't happen for week where you receive partial EI? Say for example you receive of 2 weeks of exactly 50% of your EI payment because you worked part-time. I don't get an extra week added at the end? Weeks added to the end of a claim within the benefit only happen if no EI is received during a week?
Apr 20, 2017
2 posts
Hi, this is my first post on this site but I have been around for a while lol. I just have a small question to ask. Even though I quit, my claim has been approved. As of Apr 20th it shows 6 weeks of payment being paid out that day(yesterday). Does anyone know when I will actually get this payment because it's not in my bank yet. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7743 posts
1245 upvotes
Edmonton
gumby_ng wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 12:16 pm
Thanks for the response. What do you mean by delete the hours and earnings?

Also, I assume this doesn't happen for week where you receive partial EI? Say for example you receive of 2 weeks of exactly 50% of your EI payment because you worked part-time. I don't get an extra week added at the end? Weeks added to the end of a claim within the benefit only happen if no EI is received during a week?
Not delete... Report. Autocorrect messed that up
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1395 posts
413 upvotes
pigeon08 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 10:54 am
I just completed a 16 month position during which I had perhaps 4 unpaid sick days. My claim was denied because I am 26 hours short of the necessary insurable hours. Do I have any grounds for an appeal in hopes of making those unpaid sick hours insurable?
Nope you either have the hours or you don't. I'm guessing it was a part-time job?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7743 posts
1245 upvotes
Edmonton
pigeon08 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 10:54 am
Unpaid sick days aren't insurable so no. But how are you short hours if you worked 16 months? Minor part time job?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1395 posts
413 upvotes
Cabmike wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 3:11 pm
Hi, this is my first post on this site but I have been around for a while lol. I just have a small question to ask. Even though I quit, my claim has been approved. As of Apr 20th it shows 6 weeks of payment being paid out that day(yesterday). Does anyone know when I will actually get this payment because it's not in my bank yet. Thanks.
They would send you a Cheque if you didn't give your details for direct deposit. And...if it was sent yesterday it definitely wouldn't be there today.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7743 posts
1245 upvotes
Edmonton
Cabmike wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 3:11 pm
Takes 2-3 business days
Apr 20, 2017
2 posts
Thanks, yeah they have my bank info already. 2-3 business days is reasonable. :)
Mar 8, 2004
108 posts
15 upvotes
Kanata
clseea wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 9:33 am
Simply report the hours and earnings, your claim won't be shut off for that short of a period. The weeks are pushed back to be used later, provided you have enough space in your benefit period.
Is there any pushing back of benefits for weeks where EI is partially paid? Or only for weeks where no EI is paid? Thanks.
Apr 17, 2017
4 posts
Anyone know if I have to report a payment from my former employer that is 100% for general damages

Like I mean in the biweekly report, cause Im still on EI....

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

thedudeabides