Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7658 posts
1218 upvotes
Edmonton
remlap13 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 6:52 pm
Another scenario I wanted to ask about:

Been with my company for around three years in a permanent role. Recently started pondering a change of role/career. An internal position came up, but the issue is that it's a 12 month term. There's a good chance it will be extended following the term, but no guarantees.

If I were to take this role, and then get laid off at the end of the 12 month term, would I be eligible for EI? My concern would be they would see the switch from permanent to term as "ineligibility".

Thanks!
You'd have enough hours after the switch to negate any disqualification.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7658 posts
1218 upvotes
Edmonton
kulb wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2017 7:01 pm
As per section 23.4.5 of the Digest, a claimant of compassionate care benefits is entitled to receive benefits outside Canada for providing care to a gravely ill family member. On the application for benefits, it asks for the address of the gravely ill family member which can be outside Canada however it doesn't ask anywhere on the application if the claimant will be leaving Canada to provide care although it is quite obvious they will as ill family member is outside Canada.

If one is exempt from completing reports, the question that arises is whether the claimant still needs to formally notify Service Canada of their absence from Canada to look after their gravely ill family member?
kulb wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 8:43 pm
EI experts your opinion please?
Patience holy smokes

Yes you need to inform Service Canada of any absence from the country.
Jul 4, 2017
2 posts
Hi all I am i was on ei but I started my training in the week of my claim.and I didn't report it but I still claim my 2 weeks period of my ei for 700dollars.what are the trouble in going to get in the future?
Jun 6, 2017
5 posts
Hello

I applied for ei in month of june. My last employer still needs to give me ROE. I spoke to service ontario representative yesterday he said we will make decision soon as ur claim is almost on due date.
Today morning there is a status change in my online ei account and it says "Decision Made:Action required submit ROE of last employer"

Can anybody help me what does this status mean? Is my ei approved or not?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1304 posts
369 upvotes
Jul 6th, 2017 11:26 am
Hello

I applied for ei in month of june. My last employer still needs to give me ROE. I spoke to service ontario representative yesterday he said we will make decision soon as ur claim is almost on due date.
Today morning there is a status change in my online ei account and it says "Decision Made:Action required submit ROE of last employer"

Can anybody help me what does this status mean? Is my ei approved or not?

Thanks
You need to submit the missing ROE before a decision/calculation can be made.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4199 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Miniwinnie wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 6:08 pm
Hi all I am i was on ei but I started my training in the week of my claim.and I didn't report it but I still claim my 2 weeks period of my ei for 700dollars.what are the trouble in going to get in the future?
If you got paid by your employer on the duration of the training and you still claim it on EI, then Service Canada will ask you to pay back in the future.
Jul 4, 2017
2 posts
Hi thank you so much for replying. Do I get bad record for it even I'm going to let them know that I claim my so even I get paid for my training? Thank you for helping me
Jul 22, 2015
167 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My claim is coming up on 70 days and no approval or denial yet. Service Canada is a joke.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1304 posts
369 upvotes
TorontoTacos wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 3:41 pm
My claim is coming up on 70 days and no approval or denial yet. Service Canada is a joke.
So call them and escalate or contact your MPs office and they will likely get a decision asap.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7658 posts
1218 upvotes
Edmonton
TorontoTacos wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 3:41 pm
You should probably just give up on your claim and do nothing to solve the problem
Jul 22, 2015
167 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I went down to local MP office, hopefully they get it resolved. I had the claim escalated twice with Service Canada and nothing...
Aug 14, 2012
3 posts
TORONTO
Hey guys,

I work at the ACC full-time overnight 5 days a week and because of slow summers I'm getting laid off till mid-August with full knowledge that I will be getting my job back.
This has been my first maybe 3-4 weeks on EI and I've been receiving payments. Recently got a letter from Service Canada in the mail that I have to attend a EI info session which I have no problem doing but they also sent me a job search form to fill out details of my "job search efforts."

Now I understand why this is necessary but because I know I'm getting my job back very soon... how necessary is it for me to really be searching for a job and filling this sheet out?

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/fi-if/in ... 0&lang=eng

I'm really content with the job I have now besides for the summer lay offs, but it really has been the best job I think I could get at this time and if I was to successfully find a new job this summer, I am very sure I would leave the employer due to my commitment to my current job...

I guess I'm still obligated to search anyways? I just really need the EI support for the next month or two tops but as I said, I'm content and have 99% security at my current job. Do they want me to find some summer job or something? lol
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1304 posts
369 upvotes
dovidin wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 7:31 am
Hey guys,

I work at the ACC full-time overnight 5 days a week and because of slow summers I'm getting laid off till mid-August with full knowledge that I will be getting my job back.
This has been my first maybe 3-4 weeks on EI and I've been receiving payments. Recently got a letter from Service Canada in the mail that I have to attend a EI info session which I have no problem doing but they also sent me a job search form to fill out details of my "job search efforts."

Now I understand why this is necessary but because I know I'm getting my job back very soon... how necessary is it for me to really be searching for a job and filling this sheet out?

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/fi-if/in ... 0&lang=eng

I'm really content with the job I have now besides for the summer lay offs, but it really has been the best job I think I could get at this time and if I was to successfully find a new job this summer, I am very sure I would leave the employer due to my commitment to my current job...

I guess I'm still obligated to search anyways? I just really need the EI support for the next month or two tops but as I said, I'm content and have 99% security at my current job. Do they want me to find some summer job or something? lol
Yes to all your questions.
Aug 14, 2012
3 posts
TORONTO
Alright thanks... figured I kinda answered myself... who knows maybe I'll find something better haha
Jul 11, 2017
1 posts
My Sickness/Illness Benefits ran out on July 8, 2017. Am I able to convert to regular benefits? I know I am still entitled to 37 weeks of regular benefits according to My Service Canada account.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)