• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 7:32 am
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1400 posts
416 upvotes
Jayngo23 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:29 am
Already Thursday and still have not received the direct deposit. I checked my dd and numbers are all right and up to date. What should I do
Umm...call the call Centre. There could be a variety of reasons why you weren't paid which we cannot answer without having access to your file.
Mar 4, 2015
10 posts
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
I am working part-time doing home care as well as collecting EI for another job that I lost thru no fault of my own. The part-time job I have now the hours fluctuate. My question is I have been working in a home where there is heavy smoking, and I am a nom-smoker. I have asked to reduce my hours in there as it is affecting my health- is this considered refusal of work?
Aug 8, 2017
1 posts
Question: I did a report a few weeks ago but whenever I go online to check it, it says that my report has not been processed. Is there anything that I can do about it?
May 31, 2015
74 posts
17 upvotes
British Columbia
J3TUndead wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 3:42 pm
Question: I did a report a few weeks ago but whenever I go online to check it, it says that my report has not been processed. Is there anything that I can do about it?
Call the call centre (1-800-206-7218) and ask them about it. Sounds like you may have a pending report. If so, they can process it for you over the phone.
May 7, 2017
212 posts
85 upvotes
When on EI do you get your HST and monthly taxes I haven't been getting mine.

Update. NVM according to CRA made too much
Aug 9, 2017
1 posts
The company I was working for closed down 3 months ago so now I'm on EI, but I also applied for OSAP since I'm going back to school. OSAP gave me an estimate amount for my school and it doesn't even cover the whole tuition and I'm still having a hard time finding work despite applying everywhere. Is it possible to still stay on EI even though I will be in school full time? From M-F and the hours are from 1-5PM, so I can still technically work either early morning part time or a night shift. So, I was wondering if EI will consider those hours?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1400 posts
416 upvotes
fafidoll wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 1:53 pm
The company I was working for closed down 3 months ago so now I'm on EI, but I also applied for OSAP since I'm going back to school. OSAP gave me an estimate amount for my school and it doesn't even cover the whole tuition and I'm still having a hard time finding work despite applying everywhere. Is it possible to still stay on EI even though I will be in school full time? From M-F and the hours are from 1-5PM, so I can still technically work either early morning part time or a night shift. So, I was wondering if EI will consider those hours?
You would have to report you're in school and they would make a decision on it. It's unlikely you'd be eligible for ongoing benefits as you're not going to be available for full-time work while in schhcool.
Apr 15, 2014
190 posts
52 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Anyone ever successfully gotten EI if they were in an entry level position at an organization with no room for advancement? My current role is basically that and I am moving to BC to pursue a senior position in my field. Would there be any way to qualify for EI?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1400 posts
416 upvotes
ghilborn wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 1:16 pm
Anyone ever successfully gotten EI if they were in an entry level position at an organization with no room for advancement? My current role is basically that and I am moving to BC to pursue a senior position in my field. Would there be any way to qualify for EI?
No.
You're creating your own separation from employment. You aren't allowed to quit and get paid simply because you want to find another job.

You should be looking for other positions while remaining at your current job.
Aug 13, 2017
2 posts
Hi everyone can I have a casual job as a contractor for Skip The Dishes. While on ei? It's only part time and on the off time I will still be looking for full time work?
Aug 13, 2017
2 posts
Can I work for skip the dishes while on ei part time if in my off time still look for full time work?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1400 posts
416 upvotes
Lebron32 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 6:31 pm
Can I work for skip the dishes while on ei part time if in my off time still look for full time work?
Yes. Include your hours and earnings in your reports.
Mar 23, 2017
4 posts
I am not sure if this has been asked before but if employer decide to decrease the hourly wage, say from $20 to $19, and you decide to quit..can you apply for EI in that case?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7743 posts
1246 upvotes
Edmonton
leed10 wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 1:59 am
I am not sure if this has been asked before but if employer decide to decrease the hourly wage, say from $20 to $19, and you decide to quit..can you apply for EI in that case?
You can apply but you won't get it. It's not a significant amount.
Mar 23, 2017
4 posts
Ok What if I felt the decrease is not justified? For ex, I am doing the same work or more work for less money or no one is getting a paycut except me.

And how much decrease is considered a "significant" amount?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

thedudeabides