Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7895 posts
1266 upvotes
Edmonton
Afrodiziak wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 7:18 pm
Just a quick question.

I already had a claim from earlier this year but never utilized any time on it. The refinery I work at cuts back to a skeleton crew around Christmas and doesn't offer any hours to non-critical staff.

I claimed 2 weeks (with 1 more for this current week) and will be going back to work on January 8. The only issue I see is that my company didn't issue anyone ROEs. When I restarted my claim, I filled in my return date and I don't even recall a question about my ROE. Is this something I should be worried about? Should I be contacting Service Canada to explain This?
Not right now.. The ROE will impact your next claim. Unless there's some sort of contentious reason you stopped working recently it's not something that will hold things up
Jan 4, 2018
3 posts
TY for the reply ...

Yes it’s soemthing she’s been paying I think 15$ a month for who knows how long
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7895 posts
1266 upvotes
Edmonton
anastasia1009 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 3:25 pm
Question.. Currently have two weeks of EI left ends Jan 13 and I will be using them during my works downtime. My last shift was Dec 31 and next shift Jan 26.
When do I apply for EI for the seven days no pay no work. I will have over 1000 hours. Thanks
Typically you'd apply after you've been paid out from the old claim.. Is the old claim still active or do you need to reactivate it to get paid out the final weeks?
Sep 24, 2006
556 posts
42 upvotes
Guelph, On
Thanks for the reply. Still active. I was working 30 to 35 hours a week so every two weeks letting them know. I have two weeks left claim ending Jan 13. And my first day back to work in Jan 26.
clseea wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 11:01 pm
Typically you'd apply after you've been paid out from the old claim.. Is the old claim still active or do you need to reactivate it to get paid out the final weeks?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7895 posts
1266 upvotes
Edmonton
anastasia1009 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 11:10 pm
Thanks for the reply. Still active. I was working 30 to 35 hours a week so every two weeks letting them know. I have two weeks left claim ending Jan 13. And my first day back to work in Jan 26.
K.. Then you'll apply after you've been paid out
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7895 posts
1266 upvotes
Edmonton
weaksauce18 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:59 pm
TY for the reply ...

Yes it’s soemthing she’s been paying I think 15$ a month for who knows how long
Definitely not earnings so no need to declare
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1830 posts
141 upvotes
Sidney
clseea wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:56 pm
There shouldn't be a delay... Could be a couple things. Report didn't go through, some years they shift a payment/report due to Christmas so it throws off the schedule. Check your My Service Canada Account
Thanks clseea. My claim (paternity leave) is reportless, everything looks in order on My Account. They did announce a day delay because of New Year's. But my payment is 3 days late.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7895 posts
1266 upvotes
Edmonton
favelle75 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 11:11 am
Thanks clseea. My claim (paternity leave) is reportless, everything looks in order on My Account. They did announce a day delay because of New Year's. But my payment is 3 days late.
Your account should say your next report date (even though you're not actually doing reports it'll indicate the next payment schedule)
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1830 posts
141 upvotes
Sidney
clseea wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 6:06 pm
Your account should say your next report date (even though you're not actually doing reports it'll indicate the next payment schedule)
Thanks... The report date hasn't changed... Still says December 10th to the 23rd.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7895 posts
1266 upvotes
Edmonton
favelle75 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 12:36 am
Thanks... The report date hasn't changed... Still says December 10th to the 23rd.
How many weeks of parental are you claiming? You were paid for 1 week on the 20th....so is your parental all used up now?
Jan 7, 2018
0 posts
New question:
Hi, was laid off in summer 2017 after many years of employment and am on salary continuance (was told by an EI rep that it is indeed S.C.) until late 2018. I and my fellow departees were advised to file claims last summer when the layoffs occurred. My claim will run out around Sept. 1, 2018. Should I continue the first claim or request it be closed and start a new one when the salary continuance ends and the ROE is issued? I'm worried that reactivating the old claim, given the length of the salary continuance, will reduce the number of weeks I'll be eligible for EI, which would normally run for eight or nine months where I live. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7895 posts
1266 upvotes
Edmonton
Seasilver wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 1:35 am
New question:
Hi, was laid off in summer 2017 after many years of employment and am on salary continuance (was told by an EI rep that it is indeed S.C.) until late 2018. I and my fellow departees were advised to file claims last summer when the layoffs occurred. My claim will run out around Sept. 1, 2018. Should I continue the first claim or request it be closed and start a new one when the salary continuance ends and the ROE is issued? I'm worried that reactivating the old claim, given the length of the salary continuance, will reduce the number of weeks I'll be eligible for EI, which would normally run for eight or nine months where I live. Thanks.
If it's a true salary continuance you don't apply until after it is finished. Not sure why you applied initially, nothing would have even happened with that claim since you're still "employed" with no ROE coming
Jan 4, 2018
3 posts
clseea wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 2:21 am
Definitely not earnings so no need to declare
ok perfect ... its all a bit confusing lol and calling is impossible thanks for your help!!!
Jan 7, 2018
1 posts
Hi there,

I have a question. I am currently employed full-time in a 1 year contract. I had originally planned on travelling for 3.5 months when my contract ended and have booked a flight already. Due to new circumstances I am only going to be out of the country for 2 months now (May & June). I may or may not be returning to school next fall and if so, will be around for 2 months after I return from my travels unemployed. My question is then, if my contract ends in May, am I still eligible to claim EI if I do not file until I return from my travels at the end of June? I know I am eligible under the circumstances, however I am not sure about the timing if I wait to file for almost 2 months? I know the site says to file ASAP, I just need to know if I would be rejected if I wait that long.

Thanks so much!

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

SPT111, FJ2067