• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 9:51 pm
Banned
Mar 1, 2018
30 posts
4 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 8:01 am
There's been some bickering here and some incendiary assertions. I'm going to ask everyone to take a step back and remember what the spirit of the thread is. Please remember this is not a political thread.
I had to google what " incendiary " meant. But, Thank you unbiased & impartial Mod, we need more Mod's like you.

A couple of present & ex EI & Service Canada employees have been treating this thread as their own personal thread & soap box. The spirit of the thread as you rightly mentioned & its intended purpose & integrity needs to be maintained.

They have been ganging up on innocent laid off people, with sarcastic, rude & terse responses & throwing a hissy fit, every time someone questioned their misinformation & ignorance.

Trolling unemployed people & misleading them & discouraging them from applying for EI just because you are a present or ex Service Canada employee is Beyond Sad & Pathetic.

Things have gotten a bit hostile over here, so I won't post on this thread anymore. The trolls can have a field day. I will take the high road. I have put those trolls on Ignore, thank you very much.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8335 posts
1409 upvotes
Edmonton
Mods, is it ok for people to have multiple accounts for the purpose of bashing threads and posters within it? I'm thinking the bare minimum requirements on the helping side in a thread like this is to actually answer questions about EI legislation instead of dodging them and claiming to be a former employee?

I seem to recall adamtheman and his other accounts getting banned for that
Sep 11, 2011
304 posts
95 upvotes
swaticanada wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 9:43 am
I had to google what " incendiary " meant. But, Thank you unbiased & impartial Mod, we need more Mod's like you.

A couple of present & ex EI & Service Canada employees have been treating this thread as their own personal thread & soap box. The spirit of the thread as you rightly mentioned & its intended purpose & integrity needs to be maintained.

They have been ganging up on innocent laid off people, with sarcastic, rude & terse responses & throwing a hissy fit, every time someone questioned their misinformation & ignorance.

Trolling unemployed people & misleading them & discouraging them from applying for EI just because you are a present or ex Service Canada employee is Beyond Sad & Pathetic.

Things have gotten a bit hostile over here, so I won't post on this thread anymore. The trolls can have a field day. I will take the high road. I have put those trolls on Ignore, thank you very much.
The information being given to unemployed people is not misleading nor are they discouraging people from applying. Most people just don't like the honest answers they are receiving. As I used to tell people all day long........call the hotline or call your MP if you don't like the answer as I don't make the rules.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1801 posts
607 upvotes
swaticanada wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 1:35 am
Right now I am helping dozens of laid off SEARS employees get EI.

Its pro bono work I am doing.

First SEARS screwed them & now EI is screwing them, which is really sad. EI has basically told them to take a hike, after having paid into the system for so long.
This answer pretty much confirms how full of it you are.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8335 posts
1409 upvotes
Edmonton
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 1:43 pm
This answer pretty much confirms how full of it you are.
lol... And he's banned again
Aug 20, 2009
6798 posts
1510 upvotes
Grimsby
clseea wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 12:06 pm
Mods, is it ok for people to have multiple accounts for the purpose of bashing threads and posters within it? I'm thinking the bare minimum requirements on the helping side in a thread like this is to actually answer questions about EI legislation instead of dodging them and claiming to be a former employee?

I seem to recall adamtheman and his other accounts getting banned for that
It's not OK to have multiple accounts. If you suspect someone to be a previously banned member causing problems, rather than engaging with them we encourage you to report the post and we will look into it, just be patient because it takes a little time.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8335 posts
1409 upvotes
Edmonton
swaticanada wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 9:43 am

bellagirl wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 1:06 pm
The information being given to unemployed people is not misleading nor are they discouraging people from applying. Most people just don't like the honest answers they are receiving. As I used to tell people all day long........call the hotline or call your MP if you don't like the answer as I don't make the rules.
What I find odd is if that poster just joined yesterday how would they have any sort of knowledge about previous, now deleted, posts?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1801 posts
607 upvotes
clseea wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 5:00 pm
What I find odd is if that poster just joined yesterday how would they have any sort of knowledge about previous, now deleted, posts?
It’s a troll who has another account on here and doesn’t want their ‘main’ account to get banned.
Jan 14, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
Hello again!
Hey, this thread created by these good people has helped this first time EI applicant SO MUCH! I am so greatful to ya'll to be able to have SOMEWHERE to go to ask my questions and get quick responses that I can understand! Big BIG thank you!

Situation:
I am currently on EI and also currently needing a vehicle, just a beater to get me to and from my next job. (My credit is waay too yukki to be fancy and go to a dealership) I have sources I can dip into to amass enough money (hopefully) to get something crap-tacular but they are not 'for sure' bets. My sources are taking out an RRSP, another is doing my last 2 years of undone taxes and lastly finding out about a group pension plan from 2016 from a job I was terminated from.

With the last one, the group pension plan, I don't know what will happen... Do they give it all back? or just the volintary contribution? If it's locked-in, what to do with that..? I've looked into the pension guide for that business and it just confused me more.. I'll need to find another info thread for Group pension plans Lol!

I've been hesitant to get into any of these sources for fear I'll get cut off from EI because of the last question on EI reporting asks; Have Yee any money that you have not previously told us about?... That is where I'd have to insert the value of these sources, right? Get dinged on EI, then I buy much needed crap-tacular vehicle then live IN said crap-tacular vehicle because I don't have EI help anymore because I needed a vehicle?

Question:
Is there anything I can do? Is there such a thing as taking a month off from EI and take a risk that these 'sources' will pay enough to buy a junker AND rent for a month? Any help will do! :)
Apr 28, 2013
15 posts
2 upvotes
Hello everyone like the above poster I'm very grateful for this forum topic , it's been very helpful.

So my question is I'm unemployed and on a current claim that ends in a couple months but I have this reoccurring injury (Knee,back) Could I switch my claim from regular ei to sickness benefits ? If a doctor puts me off for 4-6 weeks do I need a form from ei or can I just go thru the automated system and choose not ready able to work > reason injury ? Since obviously I can't look for work or work if I'm injured.

Thanks
Jan 7, 2018
5 posts
I applied Jan 31 and have yet to receive a decision.

When I first applied, I got some mail a few days later giving me an access code to register for My Service Canada. I don't recall the letter having any information other than that, I shredded it immediately after I registered for My Service Canada.

I've read in a few places that I'm supposed to have received a "benefit statement" along with another access code that would let me make my reports online? I haven't received anything like that. Am I supposed to get it (and start making reports) even though my application doesn't have a decision? Or will they not send it until a decision has been reached?

Thanks
Mar 4, 2018
1 posts
Do to health issues and stressful work environment I left my job beginning of December.
I am 64, no pension as my income was small, savings are the same.
My Doctor would rather I not return to work but this sadly will not be an option.
My employment advisor has asked me to brush up on my computer skills as my last employment used Microsoft 2003 and my knowledge is self taught for 16 years.
I have read all the ei info but it is of little help. How many weeks of ei should I expect and do they notify you before it stops.

Thank you
Feb 26, 2018
12 posts
i suggest that you must go on the service canada site login there and find 'view my claim status and correspondence', may be it will help you there.
Jan 7, 2018
5 posts
Nothing there except the message on Jan 31

"We have received your application for Employment Insurance benefits. We are working to process your request and complete your claim in a reasonable period of time. Once this is done, we will update your claim information and let you know our decision."
Mar 4, 2018
66 posts
10 upvotes
wynt5519 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2018 4:25 pm
My sources are taking out an RRSP, another is doing my last 2 years of undone taxes and lastly finding out about a group pension plan from 2016 from a job I was terminated from.
RRSP (personal) are not considered earning for EI purposes. If it is a private RRSP that you paid into, you do not have to report it. See here: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benef ... l#Pensions
Income Tax refunds are not considered earnings for EI purposes. You do not have to report any income tax refunds.
Group Pensions plans from a job typically are considered earnings for EI purposes. Monies received from it must be reported on your reports.
Last edited by cat7kk2 on Mar 5th, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)