• Nov 23rd, 2015 1:46 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2002
1168 posts
Toronto

EI when moving to another province?

Was wondering if you could claim EI if you quit your previous job because you were moving to a different province, and did not have a job once you arrived there.

Did a quick search on the net but came up empty handed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"Have a good time, ALL the time!!!" - Spinal Tap
My HoFo Feedback
My Heatware
31 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2002
1168 posts
Toronto
Sunny1999 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2006 10:19 pm
Yes, you can claim EI if you move to another city with reasonable reason. My friend moved to Toronto from Montreal for marriage. She got EI. You'd better talk to HRDC customer service rep. or check http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/ei/applicatio ... fits.shtml
Thanks for the link, anyone else have any personal experience or know somebody who has done this?
My HoFo Feedback
My Heatware
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2002
1168 posts
Toronto
I have now been told that if you re-locate to another province, EI will put you in a special job search type thing that will help you find employment faster. Anyone heard of this?
My HoFo Feedback
My Heatware
Apr 10, 2006
351 posts
Coquitlam, B.C.
My wife was offered a new position in BC so I quit my job in Wpg to move out here. No problems getting on EI. Stayed on for 9 months as an extended holiday of sorts and spent time with the kids.
Intel i7 920
Asus P6T
2 x XFX 4870 XXX
Corsair HX-620W
3 x 2GB Corsair DDR3
Seagate Barracuda HD's ~~ 80, 200, 500
Banned
Oct 3, 2006
1710 posts
Vinc3nt_Steele wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2007 11:48 pm
My wife was offered a new position in BC so I quit my job in Wpg to move out here. No problems getting on EI. Stayed on for 9 months as an extended holiday of sorts and spent time with the kids.
That is what is wrong with the ei system.It is not there for people to go on holidays etc.I have heard there is a big puch to change it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8452 posts
7 upvotes
Vinc3nt_Steele wrote:
disgusting.
People who are in my gang: Nikita, Spidey, weedb0y, jcoltage, deep, pitz, Sylvestre, Icedawn, 3weddings, Ambermoon, CSK'sMom, jazzsax, bokep, matdwyer, Dash, KorruptioN, angekfire, sxz, WontonTiger, YYZFA, king_george, 45ED, sxz, Ojam

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8452 posts
7 upvotes
This is interesting though I doubt I could apply for anything. I want to move "just cause" in the hopes of getting a new job. Hmm...though I wonder if I move for school...if my wife/gf could get EI and move out with me? Need more info.
People who are in my gang: Nikita, Spidey, weedb0y, jcoltage, deep, pitz, Sylvestre, Icedawn, 3weddings, Ambermoon, CSK'sMom, jazzsax, bokep, matdwyer, Dash, KorruptioN, angekfire, sxz, WontonTiger, YYZFA, king_george, 45ED, sxz, Ojam

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
Banned
Oct 3, 2006
1710 posts
ullyeus wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 10:12 am
This is interesting though I doubt I could apply for anything. I want to move "just cause" in the hopes of getting a new job. Hmm...though I wonder if I move for school...if my wife/gf could get EI and move out with me? Need more info.[/QUOTE

Sorry it does not work like that.Ei is there for you when you are looking for work.IF your gf was to move out with you she would have to look for work.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2003
3897 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Vinc3nt_Steele wrote:
I hope one day you are royally scammed by someone else, and you realize that it's no different than what you did to the government.
--
There is no happy ending
Jul 1, 2005
408 posts
4 upvotes
What about from one city to another city in the same province? Well, one that is far away..... :confused:
Banned
Oct 3, 2006
1710 posts
napoleonz wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 12:40 pm
What about from one city to another city in the same province? Well, one that is far away..... :confused:
You can't use ei as a source as income to get a fresh start.Now if you are going to a new city get a new. Job but you have a couple months off untill that starts then yes you can get ei.
Jul 1, 2005
408 posts
4 upvotes
hightechfan wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 4:15 pm
You can't use ei as a source as income to get a fresh start.Now if you are going to a new city get a new. Job but you have a couple months off untill that starts then yes you can get ei.
I don't quite get what you said. I am guessing, if I got a job from another city, but I move there before it starts (e.g. couple months), then I'll get EI? And not if I move there, and only after moving I started looking for job?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8452 posts
7 upvotes
hightechfan wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 10:21 am
ullyeus wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 10:12 am
This is interesting though I doubt I could apply for anything. I want to move "just cause" in the hopes of getting a new job. Hmm...though I wonder if I move for school...if my wife/gf could get EI and move out with me? Need more info.[/QUOTE

Sorry it does not work like that.Ei is there for you when you are looking for work.IF your gf was to move out with you she would have to look for work.
I think that's exactly what I meant, sorry for not being clear.

If she moved out with me and was looking for a job, could she, worst case scenario, get EI.

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8452 posts
7 upvotes
hightechfan wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 4:15 pm
Still not clear on what you are trying to get at....

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
× < >