Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zellers

[Merged] Zellers Prepaid Samsung Gio 99.99$ now 69.99$ + 50k HBC bonus points

Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1417 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
aychai wrote: My wife has a CDMA with bell, do I have to Go to bell store to get them to activate and transfer data to Gio? They said it will cost 15.

Thanks!

I do not believe you can get around that, basically the CDMA account info has to be tranferred to a SIM card.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
zz000ter wrote: The GF will never use network data as she is on prepaid.
WiFi is the only option for her.

I assume that deleting all APNs will still allow you to use WiFi data.

The *#*#4636#*#* solution seems like the easiest to me.
How could it go wrong if you turn it off at the source

Good to hear that Gingerbread is already loaded.
Less work for me!

All carriers have prepaid data plans now...

Rogers will have it 30 days 100MB starting September 12
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
klown wrote: No idea. It kind of looked like a pricing error since the Entro ( :?: ) was next to it at the same price. However, the guy scanned it came out at the 99$.

Check your local Zellers, this was in the glass counter. I got all 3 at Alexis-Nihon plaza. Took a photo but the system will not let me attach it for some reason (forum quota?)

Zellers has the Bell version.

Did they have any more? or was there only 3 left?
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
iEye wrote: All carriers have prepaid data plans now...
I know they have prepaid data - but it is a ripoff and I want her to spend $0 on Bell prepaid data
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1417 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
iEye wrote: All carriers have prepaid data plans now...

Where did you see that? I am interested. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3000 posts
97 upvotes
Home
Got one from my local Zellers. they had 3 more in the glass cabinet. It's NOT a price error. it's a clearance item.
Now where do I get it unlocked for less? :)
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1417 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
iEye wrote: Did they have any more? or was there only 3 left?

Sorry they only had 3. There is a Zellers at Plaza Cote-des-Neiges and I think there is one also at Angrignon.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1417 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
professionaldude wrote: Got one from my local Zellers. they had 3 more in the glass cabinet. It's NOT a price error. it's a clearance item.
Now where do I get it unlocked for less? :)

How can it be a clearance item when this came out last Monday?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/08/09/samsu ... nd-virgin/

I think this is a head office pricing error. They got those with the Entro and some moron probably said Entro/Gio - Potatoe/PotAtoe :D
Aug 8, 2011
13 posts
2 upvotes
NEWMARKET
just picked one up from zellers they had 3 in total
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
CRAP!!!

This phone also cannot run Flash lite!

WT?

Me thinks Bell is trying to dump these phones on prepaid!

OP check if you can install FLASH PLAYER please!

Samply video stinky

Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3000 posts
97 upvotes
Home
@OP
What's the deal with $30 credit as per the box. Do I have to pay to activate with bell, I am thinking of activating with bell to use the $30 credit.
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
iEye wrote: CRAP!!!

WT?

According to a review I read this phone does not support Flash.

Good price for an entry level Android phone. I may try to pick up one tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1417 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal

WT?

None of that category of phone supports flash out of the box. The LG Optimus does not either unless you tweak it. For 99$, please do not expect a a Galaxy II. The model has been out for a while in the UK and the reviews I saw were mostly positive.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1417 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
professionaldude wrote: @OP
What's the deal with $30 credit as per the box. Do I have to pay to activate with bell, I am thinking of activating with bell to use the $30 credit.

No clue. I asked for some wisdom about that earlier in the thread.
Aug 28, 2009
92 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
Price is $99.99 in Edmonton northgate mall. However there were none left. Price tag shows $99.99.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3000 posts
97 upvotes
Home
klown wrote: No clue. I asked for some wisdom about that earlier in the thread.

I called the number on the box. Rep said if activated on $10 plan, I will get $15 credit and $20plan with get me $30 credit.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
In Square One Zellers - there was a red tag but no price above the Gio
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
klown wrote: None of that category of phone supports flash out of the box. The LG Optimus does not either unless you tweak it. For 99$, please do not expect a a Galaxy II. The model has been out for a while in the UK and the reviews I saw were mostly positive.

No its just that Last year I got a Samsing Omnia 2 from Bell that has flash...

Right now I have a sealed Galaxy 550 from Walmart deal.. but that was $58, this is $100 I might pick one up and compare...
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1417 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal

WT?

I did a bit a googling and basically came up with the following conclusions:

- Flash only officially supports 1 gigahertz CPUs for Android. This is 800mhtz so close but no cigar. People have complained the same thing about the LG Optimus.

- I was able to play a few videos on youtube using OperaMini so whatever Flash tech this uses seems to work with the phone.

If Bell is trying to dump these phones on Prepaid, they are doing a poor job at it with a retail price of 249$ and a 3 year contract price of 29$ on their site (insert ROFL). For 99$, please do not expect a Cadillac. This is 33% faster than the LG Optimus One at Koodoo without the headaches of dealing with Koodoo. I trust Samsung waaaay more than I do LG. The guy at Zellers was quite happy to hand over his 3 phones without asking me to sign a contract in blood or doing a credit check.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1417 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
iEye wrote: No its just that Last year I got a Samsing Omnia 2 from Bell that has flash...

Right now I have a sealed Galaxy 550 from Walmart deal.. but that was $58, this is $100 I might pick one up and compare...

The Omnia II is one weird beast, I just checked out the review but even that review says "Browser has issues with Flash support". The Omnia II looks like almost a Galaxy Vibrant/Captivate class phone running a dead OS, Windows Mobile 6.5. It seems quite a waste running such an OS on an AMOLED 480 x 800 pixels, 3.7 inches screen. I would probably sue Samsung if I had bought an Omnia II or maim whoever sold it to me. Kinda like running Windows 95 on an I7 :D

The 550 has a 240 x 320 pixels, 2.8 inches display, .4" is a lot of real estate on such a screen let me tell you. The 550 positively does not support Flash having an 600 MHz processor like the LG Optimus.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)