Shopping Discussion

Is "Electronicsforless.ca" a legit website?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2023 5:54 am
Tags:
None
Apr 14, 2010
106 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
crimsondr wrote: In the end I purchased the PB-2000 from Quebec Acoustics. Didn't feel like dealing with Mason at the time so I chose another dealer. The PB-2000 is amazing! Although I think I could have lived with the PB-1000 as I usually watch movies with the volume low as I have young children. Perhaps when they get older it will be them blasting the volume! LOL I did turn it up to watch a few scenes while working from home and it's incredible. However, be careful you don't damage your hearing! haha
I was going to buy PB-1000 from them and thanks for your experience now I'm considering Quebec Acoustics. Are they good, how was the experience and price?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
3579 posts
610 upvotes
srini_vatsan wrote: I was going to buy PB-1000 from them and thanks for your experience now I'm considering Quebec Acoustics. Are they good, how was the experience and price?
The prices are pretty much standard although I think electronics4less did have the PB-1000 slightly cheaper. Received my PB-2000 from Quebec Acoustics on time and without a hiccup. The PB-2000 works great but maybe overkill for my family room LOL
Apr 14, 2010
106 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
crimsondr wrote: The prices are pretty much standard although I think electronics4less did have the PB-1000 slightly cheaper. Received my PB-2000 from Quebec Acoustics on time and without a hiccup. The PB-2000 works great but maybe overkill for my family room LOL
Thanks for your input. For my 15x25x9 living room I am going with PB-1000 even though PB-2000 would be nice. Enjoy your new sub.

Update: I ended up buying from EFLC. My experience has been quite good. Yesterday night the sub went down in price. I decided to wait until this morning and the price went back up to 675, still a sale price though. I called them up and they gave it to me for the lower price I saw yesterday. They also shipped it right away. So far so good. I will be receiving it probably on Tuesday, Monday being holiday, let's see.
Last edited by srini_vatsan on Feb 15th, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Feb 9, 2004
288 posts
37 upvotes
ptsnoc wrote: Thought I'd share my experience.

They have a 5% price match guarantee (they claim they will beat a competitor's lower price by 5%). I price matched an item for which the 5% price reduction would have amounted to about $100. This was in the morning. I received no reply during the day. By that evening they had lowered their price to the same price as that of the competitor's with which I price matched. I emailed them to let them know what I thought of this sneaky way to avoid a price match. No reply.

Don't bother with these guys. Even if it's a legit website/store, I wouldn't want to do business with a company that doesn't honor what they advertise. Besides, their prices are not the best.
I had essentially the same thing happen to me the one and only time I considered buying something from them
The item I was trying to price match went mysteriously "out of stock" in the hour it took them to respond to my request.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
Do they have some of the items displayed or stocked in store?

I used their price match page online, but alas, no response. I'm interested in some speakers but I'm now apprehensive in dealing with them reading all these responses.
Mar 15, 2012
60 posts
51 upvotes
I wish I had stumbled upon this thread before I made a purchase at ElectronicsForLess.

The initial buying experience was fine, I was able to buy the set of speakers I wanted and go on my way. The problems started when the Floorstanding model of my bookshelf speakers went on sale (within a few days of my initial purchase). I then decided I wanted to exchange my speakers which were literally 3 days old and spend a bit more money to get the floorstanding models that were on sale. I emailed Mason on March 2nd, and got nothing but dead silence when only a few days earlier while I was contemplating buying, his response time was under 24 hours.

I called the store a few times during the week and kept getting Josh on the phone who always kept deflecting the issue saying Mason will 'eventually get back to me' 'don't worry we will take care of you...'. A few more days went by and no word. I called the store one more time and Josh once again re-assured me that someone would get back to me by EOD Friday. Sure enough Friday came and went with no response. I sent them another email today which I don't expect to get a response at this point. I don't think their objective is really to keep customers happy.

I really don't understand, I wanted to give them more of my money and they don't seem to give a darn. Now the sale has come and gone and most likely they won't be able to honor the sale price and process the exchange.

Word of caution, if you are buying something from EFLC, make sure you are 100% committed to it because their refund/exchange policy and customer service is NON-EXISTENT!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
ecastell wrote: I wish I had stumbled upon this thread before I made a purchase at ElectronicsForLess.

The initial buying experience was fine, I was able to buy the set of speakers I wanted and go on my way. The problems started when the Floorstanding model of my bookshelf speakers went on sale (within a few days of my initial purchase). I then decided I wanted to exchange my speakers which were literally 3 days old and spend a bit more money to get the floorstanding models that were on sale. I emailed Mason on March 2nd, and got nothing but dead silence when only a few days earlier while I was contemplating buying, his response time was under 24 hours.

I called the store a few times during the week and kept getting Josh on the phone who always kept deflecting the issue saying Mason will 'eventually get back to me' 'don't worry we will take care of you...'. A few more days went by and no word. I called the store one more time and Josh once again re-assured me that someone would get back to me by EOD Friday. Sure enough Friday came and went with no response. I sent them another email today which I don't expect to get a response at this point. I don't think their objective is really to keep customers happy.

I really don't understand, I wanted to give them more of my money and they don't seem to give a darn. Now the sale has come and gone and most likely they won't be able to honor the sale price and process the exchange.

Word of caution, if you are buying something from EFLC, make sure you are 100% committed to it because their refund/exchange policy and customer service is NON-EXISTENT!
that's just how that store is there super nice and fast till they get ur money then there all hard to get a hold of.
Jul 17, 2010
1 posts
1 upvote
Laval
So i was looking to buy a Samsung QN65Q80RAFXZC 65" 4K UHD HDR QLED TV which is the 2019 model.

BestBuy had it listed at $2199 down from $2599 but it was Out of Stock and special ending May 7th.

I googled and Shopbot it and found it in stock at Electronics for Less. I emailed Centre HiFi because their site said to contact them for the price.

I didn't get an answer from them so i decided to buy it from Electronics for Less on Friday May 1st late at night.

Sunday i get a response from Centre HiFi telling me that model is discontinued. I googled Electronics for Less and found this thread.

Needless to say, i started to panic.

Monday morning, i get an email from EFL telling me :
We are contacting you because the 2019 model of the 65Q80RAF is not in stock and is no longer available from the manufacturer. This has been replaced by the new 2020 model that we can offer you as a substitution.

QN65Q80TAF

We are happy to present you this product at no additional cost if you agree to accept the upgrade (for the $400 more expensive model). Please let us know and we will have it shipped out to you today.

Again, our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,
electronicsforless.ca
I was NOT expecting that!!! I obviously agreed!

But because of this thread, i was skeptical...

30 minutes after agreeing, i got my waybill number from Loomis and i am happy to say i received the TV today!

I have worked in Customer Service before and i was always annoyed at how loud people are when you give not so great service once when you have given great service 1000 times before.

So i like to make it a point to let it be know when i get great service and to me, that was great service.

Maybe i was just lucky but hey, i ain't complaining!
Jun 16, 2023
1 posts
Mason Shapiro, the owner of Electronics for less is a BEAST.

I am not rich, I've saved $3,300 to buy SVS Ultra Center and bookshelf speakers for 2 years as a gift to my family whose main source of entertainment is watching Netflix movies.

When I've found out that the Bookshelves Speakers that I purchased was not available in his warehouse ( Mason told me ready to ship in 2 hours- He lied) , I cancelled my orders but MASON refused to cancel . He refused to Refund me worth $3,300.

Mason literally stole my $3,200. The speakers are not in my possession and my money is gone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)