Locked: Eli Motors?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2014 10:09 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 2, 2011
10 posts

Eli Motors?

I'm looking at a car at Eli Motors and was just wondering if anyone worked with them before or knew anything about this used car dealership?

http://www.elimotors.ca/index.htm

They have a bunch of used Subarus, VWs, Audis and others.

EDIT: Since there are a bunch of drones bumping my original thread, I thought I'd share my experience:

I told them that I would like to get the Subaru dealership down the road to look at it (at my cost) so I could see what kind of condition it was in. I book the appointment, I give the dealership and Eli Motors the details and I show up at the dealership in the evening to find out the car was never brought in. Didn't bother with them anymore after that.
Last edited by sj1124 on Apr 3rd, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12 replies
Apr 2, 2011
10 posts
Any thoughts? Impressions?
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11549 posts
5377 upvotes
Moving target
I've never been there personally, but I've bought 2 cars in the finch / duffrin used car areas.

All those dealerships run on a similar model, they buy off lease and used cars from auctions. Then they sell them.

Insist that a car see your mechanic, or most importantly a shop that specializes in that type of car. So if your buying a Subaru/audi/VW, go onto toronto subaru/ audi / VW freaks .com or whatever the forum might be and ask them where all those guys take their cars to get serviced. Then call up the shop and ask them how much they know about the vehicle and if they could do an inspection for you. Might also be wise to post the year and model of the car and ask for common problems. This might not work if your buying higher end cars since those types of owners don't typically sit on the internet.

That or if you google around you can find the common problems for a given year.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2740 posts
318 upvotes
It looks like a pretty normal dealer. You're always going to have to go there to find out.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
2543 posts
42 upvotes
GTA
Hmmm that S60R is sweet
<signature exceeds allowable length>
Dec 25, 2013
1 posts
sj1124 wrote: I'm looking at a car at Eli Motors and was just wondering if anyone worked with them before or knew anything about this used car dealership?

http://www.elimotors.ca/index.htm

They have a bunch of used Subarus, VWs, Audis and others.
I have bought 3 cars from Eli and have been happy with each and with folow up when needed. He went out of his way to keep me as a returning customer
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2011
1171 posts
470 upvotes
nbowes wrote: I have bought 3 cars from Eli and have been happy with each and with folow up when needed. He went out of his way to keep me as a returning customer
Eli, you're 2.5 yrs late to "advertise" your business! Lol
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I, personally, have bought 18 vehicles from Eli. His service is nothing short of spectacular. He went out of his way to ensure that all of my desires were fulfilled and I'm now a better person for buying vehicles from Eli.

My latest acquisition, a 2011 Bentley continental GT, is running as smooth as the day it rolled off the assembly line.

Thanks Eli
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1402 posts
193 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: I, personally, have bought 18 vehicles from Eli. His service is nothing short of spectacular. He went out of his way to ensure that all of my desires were fulfilled and I'm now a better person for buying vehicles from Eli.

My latest acquisition, a 2011 Bentley continental GT, is running as smooth as the day it rolled off the assembly line.

Thanks Eli
Looks like he offers additional services then eh?
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote: I, personally, have bought 18 vehicles from Eli.

Thanks Eli
Do you know if they sell these matchbox and tonka cars in Wal-Mart?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Gammatron wrote: Do you know if they sell these matchbox and tonka cars in Wal-Mart?
Ya man you get one free with every purchase over $50k
Feb 15, 2014
1 posts
I recently visited Eli & it seems like an "ALRIGHT" place & Trust me when I say I know about scammers.Eli motors had some pretty cool cars.They were much different from places such as TAK Auto & Sun Auto where sales guy were kind of creepy sorta...I'd definitely buy from them (with my mechanics approval ofcourse).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)