• Jun 24th, 2015 10:58 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
13934 posts
690 upvotes
Markham
Prove its safety and it'll probably sell well... The masses need to move away from insanely large suvs..
ShadowVlican
Jan 1, 2011
582 posts
126 upvotes
Etobicoke
Interesting idea. I wonder about those exposed two front tires... isn't it likely that a relatively minor bump could cause serious front-wheel damage or at least misalignment? I would think that having the wheels within the perimeter of the car body (like with all other cars) would protect them to a fair degree. Maybe I'm wrong?
May 2, 2010
215 posts
46 upvotes
Love it. I'm in. Let's hope it'll come to Canada quickly.
Dec 4, 2009
115 posts
16 upvotes
The problem here in Canada if we have this..... we might need motorcycle license to drive this...

The price will be much higher and the maintenace can be problematic if they don't open proper dealerships or somewhere to support warranty in many locations in Canada.
You define the moment, then, the moment defines you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5137 posts
454 upvotes
Calgary
84 MPG on highway......right, if you can make it out of highway.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34346 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
MrMichyo wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2013 1:38 am
The problem here in Canada if we have this..... we might need motorcycle license to drive this...

The price will be much higher and the maintenace can be problematic if they don't open proper dealerships or somewhere to support warranty in many locations in Canada.
That might not be a big problem. It'll most likely be classed as a trike.
So you can take the M2 test with the trike, and have a 'trike only' restriction on your M2.
Should be easy to pass the m2 test since it drives like a car.
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Addict
May 12, 2012
2252 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
My main problem with it is the composition of the body. They say its composite. I am guessing it's not going to be carbon fibre reinforced plastic, so it's gonna be just glass fibre composite, in other words canoe boat materials. I don't quite like things that shatter when they are being crushed. I want some steel in the body structure and panels.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2006
4666 posts
461 upvotes
ShadowVlican wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2013 5:54 pm
Prove its safety and it'll probably sell well... The masses need to move away from insanely large suvs..
Pfff, speak for yourself. I will take my full size RAM, and my wife's Grand Cherokee (soon to be a Durango) all day over something like that. Hell, even over something like a Civic, Corolla, Cruze, etc.

Why exactly do you think I need to move away from what I prefer to drive?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1425 posts
114 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
Barrels wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2013 11:12 am
Elio Motors gets help from investor
Published On: Jan 04 2013 09:27:39 PM

Start-up vehicle company Elio Motors is getting big help to open its production facility at the old GM plant. Los Angeles based
Industrial Realty Group or IRG is a major investor.
"Industrial realty group is known for purchasing, acquiring and leasing large abandoned assets like automobile plants," IRG representative Andy Hemmer says the company has invested $10 million into Elio, but IRG won't own any part of the GM
plant.
"Elio Motors is the sole and only purchaser of the plant,"
Except Elio Motors has no revenue and IRG's investment - likely in the form of a secured loan - will likely be secured against the assets of Elio Motors, which would be the GM plant.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
7259 posts
956 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2013 8:09 am
Pfff, speak for yourself. I will take my full size RAM, and my wife's Grand Cherokee (soon to be a Durango) all day over something like that. Hell, even over something like a Civic, Corolla, Cruze, etc.

Why exactly do you think I need to move away from what I prefer to drive?
cause you are prone to accidents? :confused:
Jan 3, 2008
708 posts
60 upvotes
W.GTA
MrMichyo wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2013 1:38 am

UrbanPoet wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2013 2:29 am
That might not be a big problem. It'll most likely be classed as a trike.
So you can take the M2 test with the trike, and have a 'trike only' restriction on your M2.
Should be easy to pass the m2 test since it drives like a car.
It will be class as a motorcycle and will need M class trike only to drive it like the Can-am Spyder. I don't see maintenace costs as a problem.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2006
4666 posts
461 upvotes
Andro wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2013 9:46 am
cause you are prone to accidents? :confused:

How does that make any sense at all? Did you even think before you posted?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19888 posts
1520 upvotes
commonsense212 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2013 12:33 pm
Do you know of any automakers that actually assemble the vehicles in China and then ship them here? it makes no economic sense, it's too expensive.
Tons of cheap motorcycles and the like (which would include vehicles like this) are made in China and shipped here. It's incredibly cheap to ship things on, well, ships from China.
commonsense212 wrote:
They do however manufacture them in China, and then sell them to Chinese persons.
Thanks, Captain Obvious.
commonsense212 wrote:
No doubt though, almost every part in your vehicle was created in China.
:facepalm: You really have no clue what you're talking about do you? Ironic username btw, lol.
Mar 13, 2010
131 posts
11 upvotes
I like it !
Except it is made in USA, if it were made in the great China i will buy
Nov 9, 2012
269 posts
33 upvotes
White River
ES_Revenge wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2013 1:37 pm
Tons of cheap motorcycles and the like (which would include vehicles like this) are made in China and shipped here. It's incredibly cheap to ship things on, well, ships from China.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

:facepalm: You really have no clue what you're talking about do you? Ironic username btw, lol.
We are talking about cars. This is a car, The United States, nor Canada, imports cars assembled in China due to safety standards.

Uhuh

Common sense is different for every human. Your anger at the user name and what was said is of your own doing.
This is a disposable account, and has always been shared by multiple persons.
× < >