Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
London Drugs

Elmo Live - $19.99 at LD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2009 11:24 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 14, 2008
889 posts
363 upvotes

[London Drugs] Elmo Live - $19.99 at LD

Was at London Drugs (Ironwood) today and saw they had Elmo live for $19.99. The regular price was $69.99. It's on display as "Managers Special" so not sure if other LD will have the same deal. The Ironwood location had 4 left at 3:00pm PST.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
Sad... this product is such a failure... I have to say that the Elmo trend is over... and sadly, they could've made this product more "sellable" if there is a chip ( like a nintendo DS cartiage ) which you can replace which will grant the elmo more movable "moves".
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
It's sad that the Elmo Live is light year better than the predecessors, yet it is the biggest failure in Elmo history.
Dec 28, 2006
9 posts
I don't think Elmo live is a bad product, the real problem is it simply charge too much as a Christmas toy/gift, consider traditionally they cost around $30-40 range
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7430 posts
4677 upvotes
Ottawa
FWIW, I know 2 kids (both around 3 1/2) that got Elmo Live and they LOVE IT! My son already had a Elmo TMX (which he likes except that he keeps trying to straighten him out / put him back on his feet when he laughs/lies on the ground) but nothing compared to Elmo Live.

I do agree that it's overpriced (ours was a XMas gift and I think they bought it on sale for $50) but it's actually pretty cool.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3930 posts
2265 upvotes
Sorry, but ELMO LIVE = FAIL for the following reasons in my opinion:

1) Price was too high
2) Bad economy
3) People are getting sick of Elmo toys