• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2017 6:14 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 27, 2009
3 posts
Hamilton

Email received -

I received this email (text below) More than likely phishing but wanted to make sure

Inquiry of co-operation on redflagdeals(or any other can help)
JW
Jason Wang <runningyouth@outlook.com>
Fri 07-28, 3:45 AM
Dear there,
Glad to write to you. I am Jason, an Amazon seller. I found your email on amazon top reviewer list. But I'm not writing to ask for reviews. I want to know whether you would like to co-operate with us on redflagdeals.

There are always many great deals on Amazon that people can't notice including some of our company's deals. So we are looking for redflagdeals users to help share our deals there. All of our deals will be at the lowest price while the ratings and reviews are good enough. Those deals will help grow your account too.

We will provide rewards for your help. We can pay you or send you free samples as like you. Please let me know if you have a redflagdeals account to work with us. If you agree, please send me the link of them. I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Jason
Best regard
9 replies
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2568 posts
157 upvotes
Agree it looks suspicious.
But I am of everything. Like this
VioletS [OP]
Sep 27, 2009
2 posts
Hamilton
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14252 posts
3446 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
i've received rfd PM's from amazon sellers before as well, asking me to try out their goods and post reviews

I'm not about to shill unless someone wants to give me like at least an iPhone or a car.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
2532 posts
570 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
ahh, so that's how those deals with the coupons on amazon.ca work.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9716 posts
841 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Not saying whether the email is true or not but scammers are getting way better at faking email addy's, websites, etc. I received an email recently from amazon staff. Everything looks legit asking me to click a link to verify/reset my password becuz as the letter stated, something fishy was goin on. I sensed something iffy right away as normally companies dont redirect you to outside link for password resets. Contacted amazon by fone and they said yup, everything in that email is legit... the exact same type of email they would send from their security dept. Email addy, "from" section and sign-off at the bottom of the letter matched exactly. They said YES we do send letters like that. The redirect link was to an outside amazon site but bcuz the appearance of that outside site looked outdated and they asked for a fone number and street address brought up red flags. That part they said we dont do and they told me to ignore it. They checked my account and found no fishy activities or log-in's for a long period of time. Gotta be extra careful these days. Point blank.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7477 posts
2414 upvotes
Toronto
Phone not fone.
aznnorth wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 10:36 am
Not saying whether the email is true or not but scammers are getting way better at faking email addy's, websites, etc. I received an email recently from amazon staff. Everything looks legit asking me to click a link to verify/reset my password becuz as the letter stated, something fishy was goin on. I sensed something iffy right away as normally companies dont redirect you to outside link for password resets. Contacted amazon by fone and they said yup, everything in that email is legit... the exact same type of email they would send from their security dept. Email addy, "from" section and sign-off at the bottom of the letter matched exactly. They said YES we do send letters like that. The redirect link was to an outside amazon site but bcuz the appearance of that outside site looked outdated and they asked for a fone number and street address brought up red flags. That part they said we dont do and they told me to ignore it. They checked my account and found no fishy activities or log-in's for a long period of time. Gotta be extra careful these days. Point blank.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9716 posts
841 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 10:59 am
Phone not fone.

*thumbs down* welp.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16836 posts
1785 upvotes
GTA West
I would agree to co-operate with him just to report the seller and company to RFD admin, so it can be blocked on RFD.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7208 posts
741 upvotes
GTA
I reported another one recently (link below). They are able to get the email address that goes with your username and contact you that way (rather than by PM) because of the RFD security breach.

getting-emails-not-pms-shill-2116158/
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
[OP]
Sep 27, 2009
3 posts
Hamilton
Thank you. I am usually very good at pickling out phishing scams but just wanted to make sure on this one. How do I report it

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)