Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Empire Theatres Reduced Prices: $6.99 Mon-Thu *Winnipeg Only*

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2009 3:10 am
Jun 1, 2004
292 posts
69 upvotes

Empire Theatres Reduced Prices: $6.99 Mon-Thu *Winnipeg Only*

Empire Theatres has reduced Prices from Monday to Thursday for only $6.99 and $9.99 for 3D movies. This deal is only confirmed for Winnipeg at this time. I do not know how the student combo would work with the reduced prices.

http://www.empiretheatres.com/theatre/84
12 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks OP.
I've never actually been to Empire theatres but this deal sure makes me wanna watch my next movie there.
Dec 11, 2007
458 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary
howellboyd wrote: ewww....I'd rather just not live in Winnipeg.
And where do you live? Grass is not always greener where you might be. :lol:
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2981 posts
1066 upvotes
Tuesdays at Silver City polo park is WAY better...

i think its like $7.99 or $8.99 and you get popcorn + a drink.

--- but those reclining seats at empire theatre are pretty comfortable
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
2143 posts
531 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
Formula 1 wrote: Empire Theatres has reduced Prices from Monday to Thursday for only $6.99 and $9.99 for 3D movies. This deal is only confirmed for Winnipeg at this time. I do not know how the student combo would work with the reduced prices.

http://www.empiretheatres.com/theatre/84
Do they still have that student combo for 9.99 with popcorn and a drink?
bigjee wrote: Thanks OP.
I've never actually been to Empire theatres but this deal sure makes me wanna watch my next movie there.
IMO, It's better than Silver City, seat wise. Reclining seats FTW!!! However Grant Park parking is horrible as no one knows how to park properly there for some reason. Parking lot seems cramped.
KenA wrote: Tuesdays at Silver City polo park is WAY better...

True but that's Tuesday only. You also get Scene points at Silver City!! but for other days there's Empire (too bad Scene card does not work here).
Banned
Jan 23, 2009
270 posts
KenA wrote: Tuesdays at Silver City polo park is WAY better...

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty decent deal.... just for the popcorn/drink deal. :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12990 posts
1471 upvotes
just asked the GM of one of empire theatres in the GTA and he said its not gonna happen here. boo
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
3072 posts
4255 upvotes
Winnipeg
vtec260 wrote: And where do you live? Grass is not always greener where you might be. :lol:
Very true Mr. Manitoban... :lol:
Oct 31, 2007
310 posts
161 upvotes
Winnipeg
hey thanks for the deal! going to go check it out for the upcoming friday the 13th movie!!!
Apr 10, 2008
531 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
I can confirm that the student price is still $9.99 anytime with a Popcorn and drink. They do not honour the $6.99 price with the student combo.

Silver City is good in that you earn Scene points, sure - but I have those 2for1 movie passes they handed out during the Holiday Season. I have been seeing movies for $3.50 for the last couple of weeks. Cant complain.

Oh, and hate on WPG all you want - at least we dont need to being in the National Guard to clean our damn snow!! Great Community down here.

(PS - Before you attack me, you should know that I have lived in Ontario, and now live in WPG)
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1336 posts
156 upvotes
is this a recession effect? why go to movie theatre, it costs more than just tickets, gas, snack, maybe dinner, babysitting if you have young one.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12990 posts
1471 upvotes
sz1999 wrote: is this a recession effect? why go to movie theatre, it costs more than just tickets, gas, snack, maybe dinner, babysitting if you have young one.
movies are one of the more recession friendly things that familys can do together. its the sporting events and such that feel the crunch. movie theatres should see an increase in sales
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2004
3888 posts
272 upvotes
last time I went to empire theatre, the picture wasn't very good.
Selling TVPad2 $180. PM Me.