• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2011 1:18 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 15, 2007
75 posts
Toronto

Employee Discount @ Home Depot

Does anyone know what kind of discounts that employees of Home Deport get?
22 replies
Jul 31, 2007
337 posts
When I worked there about 10 years ago, there wasn't an employee discount.
Dec 16, 2006
368 posts
25 upvotes
North of Toronto
My neighbor works at Home Depot - no discount
Another neighbor works at Rona and does get a discount
Jul 31, 2007
337 posts
Rona "May" be able to offer staff discounts because they "may" pad pricing to help cover air-miles partnership fees.

In the renovation business though, there's not a lot of room for markup on standard items. If drywall or 2x4x8' lumber - or other standard reno materials - differ greatly in price, most bulk purchases will go to where the price is lower.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
79 upvotes
Georgetown
No discounts.

Here are their employee benefits (which a discount would fall under)

Home Depot offers associates the opportunity to choose plans and programs that meet individual and family needs. Benefit plans are available to full-time hourly and salaried associates, and to part-time associates. Eligible dependents may also be covered under some of the plans.

CORE BENEFITS

Full-Time Hourly and Salaried Associates

* Medical
* Dental
* Short-Term and Long-term Disability Insurance
* Term Life Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance

Part-Time Associates

* Term Life Insurance (Optional)
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance(Optional)
* Medical
* Dental

WORK/LIFE BENEFITS

* Tuition Reimbursement

See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
2471 posts
75 upvotes
i worked at canadian tire and their employee discount system is BULL
you dont get it at point of sale...you have to submit your receipts at the end of the month, and you get the 10% back on your next Pay
kinda ******, and only worth it for bigger items

and as other have said...NO discount for Home depot employees
IoannI wrote:
Feb 14th, 2008 5:07 pm
I'm not sure if they get any discount. From what others have posted it seems like there is no discount at Home Depot. I know Rona and Canadian Tire offer discounts to their employees. Canadian Tire offers 10%, I would assume it would be in that ballbark
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
2471 posts
75 upvotes
3weddings wrote:
Feb 14th, 2008 5:15 pm
No discounts.

Here are their employee benefits (which a discount would fall under)
those benefits also depend on how many hours on average that you work...i think you have to work in the range of 20 and above per week to get the benefits if you are part time

I would say those are more of a BENEFIT as opposed to a discount...but i get what you are saying
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
2471 posts
75 upvotes
IoannI wrote:
Feb 14th, 2008 7:10 pm
I have a few friends that are currently working for Canadian Tire and now they do it different. You get a id card that has a barcode, and a number to that barcode. The number is a 99-xxxx number, so basically what you do is when you go to cash out you either give them the card to scan or give them your 99 number which is your personalized employee discount number.
its about time they changed
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1342 posts
2 upvotes
dram wrote:
Feb 14th, 2008 11:45 am
Does anyone know what kind of discounts that employees of Home Deport get?
are you looking on working there in the near future?
my friend told me that sometimes she damages item so she can get somesort of discount @ the counter ...
PERSONAL FINANCE for Canadians FOR DUMMIES
EDUCATION is your best defense.

Got questions about your existing MORTGAGE INSURANCE?
http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/in_denial/
Apr 29, 2007
257 posts
55 upvotes
Red_Army wrote:
Feb 14th, 2008 6:41 pm
i worked at canadian tire and their employee discount system is BULL
you dont get it at point of sale...you have to submit your receipts at the end of the month, and you get the 10% back on your next Pay
kinda ******, and only worth it for bigger items

I am assuming you work for a store, and not the Corporation? For those that work for CTC (not a store), the discount is 17.5% and is taken off of your monthly credit card statement (all purchases must be on the Card).

Deferred Profit Sharing is also 10+% (HD shows only 3%) and our stock purchase plan allows us to contribute 10% of our salary, with the company giving us a 50% bonus plus paying the income taxes for the bonus shares.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
2471 posts
75 upvotes
mondriano wrote:
Feb 15th, 2008 8:40 am
I am assuming you work for a store, and not the Corporation? For those that work for CTC (not a store), the discount is 17.5% and is taken off of your monthly credit card statement (all purchases must be on the Card).

Deferred Profit Sharing is also 10+% (HD shows only 3%) and our stock purchase plan allows us to contribute 10% of our salary, with the company giving us a 50% bonus plus paying the income taxes for the bonus shares.
thx...yes obviously i worked for the store
Sep 16, 2008
1 posts
BC
gerbil wrote:
Feb 15th, 2008 1:36 am
are you looking on working there in the near future?
my friend told me that sometimes she damages item so she can get somesort of discount @ the counter ...
how much discount does she get? she works there?
× < >