• Dec 7th, 2017 11:25 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 21, 2016
8 posts
b166er1337 wrote:
May 2nd, 2016 11:20 am
This is incorrect. If you quit without just cause your claim will be disqualified and you won't receive any additional benefits. The front counter agent you talked to is likely not trained in contentious issues.

Awesome! Good to know that the untrained professionals are giving accurate and conflicting info.

Quitting to start your own business is just cause, but you won't qualify for EI unless your business fail completely and you decide to look for other jobs instead. EI is not a venture capital to fund your start up.
Never said or thought of the EI system as a venture capital fund but thanks for your perception of someone you assume is trying to take advantage of the system. I'm looking for facts, not judgement.

Is it my imagination or do the ex SC experts in the field appear a bit abrasive and look at the issues as black OR white?

Thanks to all who commented and replied but I'll just go through the process, fill in the form "QUIT (VOLUNTARY SEPARATION FROM EMPLOYMENT" and see what transpires as there have been favorable decisions to workers under the Voluntarily Leaving.
Sep 21, 2004
8864 posts
2397 upvotes
Calgary
Sure good luck.

We are merely pointing out EI is an insurance program, not a training grant or self-employment fund program. It is there to protect you when you lose a job unwillingly, not to advance your career.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7818 posts
1255 upvotes
Edmonton
misshappygolucky wrote:
May 2nd, 2016 12:42 pm
Never said or thought of the EI system as a venture capital fund but thanks for your perception of someone you assume is trying to take advantage of the system. I'm looking for facts, not judgement.

Is it my imagination or do the ex SC experts in the field appear a bit abrasive and look at the issues as black OR white?

Thanks to all who commented and replied but I'll just go through the process, fill in the form "QUIT (VOLUNTARY SEPARATION FROM EMPLOYMENT" and see what transpires as there have been favorable decisions to workers under the Voluntarily Leaving.
It's your imagination.

What alternatives to quitting did you explore prior to quitting?
Jan 9, 2017
10 posts
Hi

I have question about providing my work permit. Before my latest work contract finished my work permit expired and has been renewed.

But, I only have a photocopy via email from the lawyers to show my work permit. Is this acceptable or do I need to take the original in to the service centre as proof I am eligible?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4918 posts
2433 upvotes
Edmonton
Gtwin82 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:07 am
Hi

I have question about providing my work permit. Before my latest work contract finished my work permit expired and has been renewed.

But, I only have a photocopy via email from the lawyers to show my work permit. Is this acceptable or do I need to take the original in to the service centre as proof I am eligible?
I'm not sure your post makes sense in the context of this thread... You might want to start your own thread and explain your situation in more detail.

C