• Mar 17th, 2017 3:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4131 posts
745 upvotes
Ottawa

Enbridge "My Home Health Record"

Enbridge has introduced a new feature on their customer website called "My Home Health Record" which helps analyze your gas usage and compares your gas consumption to 100 nearby homes with similar characteristics as yours.

Access it my logging in to myEnbridge, then click the "My Home Health Record" tab. You'll need to enter some information about your house, including floor area, number of occupants, type of heating system, etc.
There are also a number of tips on reducing consumption, which are pretty basic and can be found elsewhere with a Google search, but the analysis graphs are really useful.
18 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1372 posts
322 upvotes
Mississauga
I noticed it on my account last year after someone posted their Home Health Record on RFD. Maybe they are staggering the availability on accounts?

Here my current graph

Stove, bbq, dryer, fireplace, furnace, tankless water heater

Note that my Nov 2015 and Oct 2016 are incorrect even though I submit the actual meter reads on time. They estimated only 6m of usage both times so the following month is also off slightly...there is no point in posting my current comparison
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4131 posts
745 upvotes
Ottawa
Enbridge hasn't been using customer reads for billing in a long time. I went a whole year with just a single actual read! So this makes these graphs less useful if they are full of estimates.

I'd also like to see if there is anybody out there with a score much worse than "efficient similar homes" or if that is made up, too.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1372 posts
322 upvotes
Mississauga
Enbridge does actual meter read in my neighbourhood between the 24th and 28th. They read on odd months, and I submit the meter read on even months so most of it is actual usage.

This one below is another property in thesame neighbourhood. Odd months are actual reads by enbridge, even months are estimates.
Stove, fireplace(two), furnace, water heater(i think 50G)

Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2006
6756 posts
1147 upvotes
Brampton
Hydro One Has a similar tool out too. It's call Home Energy Report

I'm always beating the efficient similar homes in the winter (Heating) months but keep getting my butt kicked in the summer months. Is there such a thing as an energy star or more efficient NG BBQ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4131 posts
745 upvotes
Ottawa
tebore wrote:
Nov 14th, 2016 12:01 pm
Hydro One Has a similar tool out too. It's call Home Energy Report
I'm a Hydro One customer but no Energy Report available for me.

As far as summer gas use, do you know how many cubic meters you are using per day for hot water? I use about 0.8m3 per day. With electricity prices, I use the BBQ as much as I can during the summer. It's way cheaper than running an electric stove. Also want to switch the dryer from electric to gas when it dies.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
6729 posts
680 upvotes
Hydro-Quebec also have a similar report that compares the previous 12 months but the M2M is only of our own home comparing the current year to the previous.

Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2006
6756 posts
1147 upvotes
Brampton
MacGyver wrote:
Nov 14th, 2016 12:19 pm
I'm a Hydro One customer but no Energy Report available for me.

As far as summer gas use, do you know how many cubic meters you are using per day for hot water? I use about 0.8m3 per day. With electricity prices, I use the BBQ as much as I can during the summer. It's way cheaper than running an electric stove. Also want to switch the dryer from electric to gas when it dies.
It doesn't have that level of accuracy.
For my summer months I'm between 33-38 cubic meters. So I'd assume it's around the same as well.

I got a gas stove and gas water heater in addition to my NG BBQ.

I feel the same sentiment about swiching all to gas. My high efficiency furnace (95%+) sips NG in the cold months compared to the AC in the summer.

I can't realistically/comfortably bring my Power usage down anymore. Pretty much all phantom items are off, I have a server that's on 24/7 using between 180-230W, and LED everything. I'm amazed at the 5KW a day or less people.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2861 posts
753 upvotes
tebore wrote:
Nov 14th, 2016 4:01 pm
It doesn't have that level of accuracy.
For my summer months I'm between 33-38 cubic meters. So I'd assume it's around the same as well.

I got a gas stove and gas water heater in addition to my NG BBQ.

I feel the same sentiment about swiching all to gas. My high efficiency furnace (95%+) sips NG in the cold months compared to the AC in the summer.

I can't realistically/comfortably bring my Power usage down anymore. Pretty much all phantom items are off, I have a server that's on 24/7 using between 180-230W, and LED everything. I'm amazed at the 5KW a day or less people.
I regret not getting a gas dryer. Running the line was over $200 so I figure the savings wouldn't have paid off in time, and the dryer was about $75 more. Figure the dryer would break by the time its 8-10 years.

Wow how do people get 5 kw a day?! Lowest I get is 20kw, and thats bare min. With a/c it'll skyrocket.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1372 posts
322 upvotes
Mississauga
Daijoubu wrote:
Nov 14th, 2016 2:44 pm
Hydro-Quebec also have a similar report that compares the previous 12 months but the M2M is only of our own home comparing the current year to the previous.

I'm amazed. Averaging 40KWh per day you are still in the top 30% of energy efficient. Even better, your actual cost per kWh after fees(delivery etc) is also incredibly low at $0.109/kWh. Vive le Québec libre !

See what your neighbours in Ontario are payingCrying Face
how-many-kwh-do-you-use-day-936908/19/#p26953354
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4131 posts
745 upvotes
Ottawa
bubuski wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 1:03 pm
I'm amazed. Averaging 40KWh per day you are still in the top 30% of energy efficient. Even better, your actual cost per kWh after fees(delivery etc) is also incredibly low at $0.109/kWh. Vive le Québec libre !
Most buildings in Quebec use electricity for space and water heating, so they use more electricity but less energy overall since electric heat is 100% efficient.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
6729 posts
680 upvotes
I have a 20kw electric boiler of which I've disabled half the elements, still at 10kw, it's almost $1/h to run continuously, going to replace with individual electric baseboard for more granular control.
Will be retiring the hot water cast iron rads, zoning/pumps and hot water baseboards may have been an option but that's too complicated
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4131 posts
745 upvotes
Ottawa
tebore wrote:
Nov 16th, 2016 1:48 pm
Seeing what other provinces pay for electricity makes me one sad panda.
Other provinces burn coal or build dams.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
1943 posts
295 upvotes
Have same graphs as well. Done about couple of years ago or so.

We set up email notice whereby Enbridge emails us when we should submit a meter reading. Get confirmation by email and can contact if any error in reading.

Also, took us off the budget billing so we can see our actual usage and hopefully improve.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel