• May 4th, 2017 3:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7794 posts
1874 upvotes
Brampton
MacGyver wrote:
Nov 16th, 2016 2:00 pm
Other provinces burn coal or build dams.
There's other reasons besides the fact that we closed down our coal plants for high energy prices. *Ackhmm* political ones *cough* but it's too lengthy to get in to.
Clean coal isn't that bad either, and we have access to Niagara falls but we aren't interested in bringing that up to snuff either.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1603 posts
441 upvotes
Mississauga
bubuski wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 10:16 am
I noticed it on my account last year after someone posted their Home Health Record on RFD. Maybe they are staggering the availability on accounts?

Here my current graph

Stove, bbq, dryer, fireplace, furnace, tankless water heater

Note that my Nov 2015 and Oct 2016 are incorrect even though I submit the actual meter reads on time. They estimated only 6m of usage both times so the following month is also off slightly...there is no point in posting my current comparison
I received my Oct 2016 invoice and noticed they corrected the read to actual for billing. The online graph has been updated.

Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4283 posts
2894 upvotes
GTA
tebore wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:40 pm
There's other reasons besides the fact that we closed down our coal plants for high energy prices. *Ackhmm* political ones *cough* but it's too lengthy to get in to.
Clean coal isn't that bad either, and we have access to Niagara falls but we aren't interested in bringing that up to snuff either.
There realistically isn't such a thing as "clean coal". The costs to sequester all of the pollutants negates the benefit of coal, not to mention the pollution released from mining it. Also the technology to sequester hasn't been proven.
I'm happy to save more energy at home to offset the costs of not using coal. And I'm happy to not have the same air pollution as China.

Unfortunately Union Gas lacks behind Enbridge for data and even rebates. So no comparison data from them.

Oakville hydro does provide comparison data for gas.

And water.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1603 posts
441 upvotes
Mississauga
Looks like the historical data have been re-graphed. Last year I was consuming less than Efficient similar homes. Now when I look at the historical data (2015, 2016 etc) my consumption is now mid-pack.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4211 posts
810 upvotes
Ottawa
I can't find this feature on the Enbridge website anymore. Anyone else? I wanted to see how much I've saved over the heating season with my ecobee thermostat.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1603 posts
441 upvotes
Mississauga
It disappeared from my profile late March.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2572 posts
456 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Haven't looked since last year but could not find in website so guess they removed?

Were folks saving too much so they took away some analytical tools?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1603 posts
441 upvotes
Mississauga
I was in there often as I check my bill online monthly and submit meter reads every other month. The data graph was tweaked slightly around 2 weeks before they took it down and changed my previous comparison from very efficient to average consumption.

Hopefully it was a bug they are investigating it gets relaunched with more features.