Expired Hot Deals

[Always] ENDS TODAY: Tell us about Your Best RFD Deal Ever! Win an ASUS EEE PC 900!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2008 3:28 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 17, 2003
7205 posts
1545 upvotes

[Always] ENDS TODAY: Tell us about Your Best RFD Deal Ever! Win an ASUS EEE PC 900!

More offers from Always
RedFlagDeals.com - "Your Best Deal Ever" Contest

How did you find out about RedFlagDeals.com? Whenever we ask people this question, the response we almost always get is: "My friend told me about an awesome deal he found on your site and I've been coming ever since!" Since July is Reader Appreciation Month, we want to reward you for what you've already been doing! We want to hear about the best deal you've ever found on RedFlagDeals.com and you could win one of two ASUS EEE PC 900s from NCIX.com and ASUS!

There are two draws and two ways to enter:

1) Post the story of the best deal you've ever found through RedFlagDeals.com in THIS THREAD We will randomly draw one story at the end of the contest and they will win an ASUS EEE PC 900!

2) Post the story of the best deal you've ever found through RedFlagDeals.com on your personal blog or webpage and send us a link to the post using the contest entry form. We will randomly draw one story at the end of the contest and they will win an ASUS EEE PC 900! Here's an example entry. This is probably your best chance to win! This is a separate draw.

If you are posting the story on your blog it must be a minimum of 35 words long and it cannot be the first post you've ever made on your blog/webpage.

You are allowed one entry per draw.

Full contest rules can be found here.
1112 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
My best deal is a 2 parter:

Just before Christmas Staples discounted their Canon SD1000 and RFD regulars shared coupons to drop the price further. My mom asked for a camera for Christmas but it was sold out before I returned home. That's when I made a BST Request knowing it was a long shot. Several days later, Geese_Howard PMed me and gave his order to me. Fantastic Guy!

A month later, Staples held a final clearance on SD1000 and I was lucky enough to purchased mine. The first was my mom's Christmas present, she liked it so much that I bought one for myself. We visit RFD every day not just for Hot Deals, there are really good RFDers helping out. Thanks!
Jun 21, 2007
553 posts
14 upvotes
It was during the Dell Days of Deals and it had the universal remote being sold for $119.99. Being the newb price matcher that there was at that time, I went to future shop with a print out of the lower price offered by Dell. Truth be told, I was so excited I left work on my 15 min break to see if I could get it before the remotes got sold out for whatever reason. Got there, showed him the print out, he honoured it and I was off to work, I ended up getting the remote with everything for $117.90 since there is a 110% price guaranteed offered by FS. Ended up that I was 20 mins over my break time, but that didn't bother me.

Later in the evening, went to BB to PM 2 more remotes at the same price for my sis and an aunt. Fun times.

EEE here I come!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2001
8450 posts
1423 upvotes
Toronto
7jaii wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2008 3:14 pm
My best deal is a 2 parter:

Just before Christmas Staples discounted their Canon SD1000 and RFD regulars shared coupons to drop the price further. My mom asked for a camera for Christmas but it was sold out before I returned home. That's when I made a BST Request knowing it was a long shot. Several days later, Geese_Howard PMed me and gave his order to me. Fantastic Guy!

A month later, Staples held a final clearance on SD1000 and I was lucky enough to purchased mine. The first was my mom's Christmas present, she liked it so much that I bought one for myself. We visit RFD every day not just for Hot Deals, there are really good RFDers helping out. Thanks!
Good story! This is the type of thing we're looking for. :)
Jun 17, 2008
126 posts
4 upvotes
Cambridge, Ontario
My best deal ever was when Canada Computers had Lightscribe DVD-R packages on sale for $3.99, I took a print out from their website and price matched it at Staples! Their Lightscribe DVD-R packages were $20.99. I got them for around $2 due to the price match discount!

Ever since then I constantly hit F5 while bored at work on RFD!
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1898 posts
324 upvotes
Calgary
price errors.

dell sanyo eneloop AA 4 packs for $0 comes to mind. lots of people ordered two pack too.
Nov 4, 2002
16 posts
My best deal came right when i needed it.

I had an 19" crt that needed replacing because the image would unfocus randomly, and I had to change the width of the image every 1-60 minutes to stabilize the image.

I saw a thread on rfd referring to a viewsonic 19" lcd with coupons at $150w/o tax. from staples. However some helpful person in Vancouver in the thread itself noticed the price was listed differently in their location at 114$. I changed my postal code when browsing the site to order at said price(staples customer support itself told me to do this.) and added some ink to raise the price to 150$ so I could apply a 20$ off coupon. (also obtained at RFD :cheesygri ).

The next day, staples called, said they were out of ink so they would only deliver the monitor, but to my pleasant surprise the 20$ coupon still applied, and I happily received my monitor for less than half the normal price. All thanks to RFD and its community. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1700 posts
117 upvotes
Waterloo
4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for $10 :)
Corsair 600T SE White | Dell U2412M | Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHZ | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti OC 2GB | 12GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | ASUS Sabertooth X58 | Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD | Logitech G500 | Logitech Z-2300 | Sennheiser HD555 | Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A | Nexus 7 16GB (2013) | HTC One
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
1343 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
Then there's the Costco.ca Saturday morning "holy cow" error I found on the Costco website.

Costco.ca incorrectly listed a NUVI 350 GPS unit (at the time selling for roughly $399 - $499 at retail outlets) on sale for $189.

Within hours of my post on RFD, there were tens of thousands of hits.

Some RFDers bought 10 units at a time.

Costco soon realized the error and "sold out".

To EVERYONE's amazement, all the orders were filled.

Kudos to Costco for honouring the online price.

Then there's that amazing deal I got buying my Subaru in the US.... but that's another story for another time.....
Help keep the Canadian economy strong. Don't buy overpriced new cars in Canada. Car stealerships in Canada don't value your business & conspire to keep prices artificially high. Before you buy a new car in Canada, do yourself a favour, compare US pricing first! Some RFDers saved TENS of THOUSANDS shopping for vehicles down south. Find out how I saved over $18,000 by importing my vehicle from the US at my personal website: www.monsieurmaggot.com and be sure to read my other rants there too!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
2394 posts
301 upvotes
Today during my lunch break
Children of Men HD-DVD $6.88 at Giant Tiger,
Best movie (...well ... IMO)
Best price

thanks! :cheesygri
Nov 27, 2005
214 posts
2 upvotes
A few summers ago when someone posted on RFD about Office Depot clearance. So me and my cousin drove to OD located Mississauga to check out some of the deals. While there I manage to pick up an Altec Lansing FX6021 speakers for $20. Which was great find; of course we picked up a few other things like some digital camera, projector and a few other things.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
1305 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
torontoraptor wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2008 3:38 pm
4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for $10 :)
Yeah I was thinking of posting the same thing. I'm not sure price errors count though. If price errors count then this is definitely my best deal ever. The 9.99 Memory Stick Pro Duo price error from FS for 9.99. :cheesygri

Personally I found RFD a couple years ago while googling for something, I can't remember what. Anyways I've been hooked since and only recently registered. I check the site many times throughout the day and have it set as my home page. I hate nothing more than missing out on a deal. Come to think of it, I buy more things than I normally would because of RFD! :o
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4126 posts
570 upvotes
Dt
My best deal ever was the VERY FIRST ebgames, trade 6 games for a free DS Lite. Spent two entire days looking for used games with TIV > $8 (using RFD generated list). In the end, I got 2 DS (one for my gf) at $109 and $98 taxes in.
:cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri
Dec 29, 2006
586 posts
64 upvotes
I was so tempting to get the W810i which is currently on sale at FS for $99.99, but why do I need an extra SE phone? So I posted it on RFD for the heads up, and the OOS effect would wash the temptation away.

Thanks RFD! :twisted:
× < >