• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2016 10:48 am
[OP]
Mar 16, 2010
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Hello,

I am afraid that you cannot qualify for any of the upgrades, such as spray foam, for any house that is not older than 6 months. Basically you have had to live in it or it be registered to you for 6 months before having the audit done. The only way around this is to have an audit completed 6 months after the closing date and then get the spray foam insulation. In a basement alone, the rebate for spray foam can be upwards of $1500.00
Symcor wrote:
Jun 26th, 2010 10:56 am
I just bought a new house and one of my upgrade is spray foam insulating. Should I do it after closing instead? Now I can arrange an energy audit and qualify for some kind of rebates.

True?
Aug 11, 2004
330 posts
37 upvotes
With the final date starting to get nearer thought I would bump this thread.

I saw the office of Enwise building sciences today... 5151 Everest Dr. Unit #6 it looked like they were moving or closing. Anyone have any thoughts on enwise
[OP]
Mar 16, 2010
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Thank you for bumping the thread.

Yes the final date of this program is fast approaching with no current word on any new programs. There is still enough time for people to take advantage of some great rebates from the government to improve the energy efficiency of your home.

EnWise is not moving or closing its doors. It has simply amalgamated two of its companies (EnWise Building Science Inc & EnWise Power Solutions Inc) into one company. We are still open for business and will continue to stay open even after the program is over.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
accat13 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2011 2:36 pm
With the final date starting to get nearer thought I would bump this thread.

I saw the office of Enwise building sciences today... 5151 Everest Dr. Unit #6 it looked like they were moving or closing. Anyone have any thoughts on enwise
Feb 15, 2011
2 posts
Mississauga
*EnergyAdvisor* wrote:
Feb 13th, 2011 11:08 am
"EnWise is not moving or closing its doors. It has simply amalgamated two of its companies (EnWise Building Science Inc & EnWise Power Solutions Inc) into one company."
Your press release made it sound like EnWise Power Solutions was auctioned off, and is now independent of EnWise Building Science.
This seems to be verified by the fact that the Building Science website remains intact: www.enwisebuildingscience.com
While the Power Solutions website redirects to a new location: www.enwisepower.com

Would you be able to elaborate on what has actually happened? Would you now consider yourselves partners with this new company, or competitors?

It also sounded like you auctioned off your vans and equipment. Does this new company have the equipment necessary to immediately take over?

Thanks.
Oct 26, 2006
132 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
Just wondering...

I also have a crawspace and one of the wall is the back of the garage....I guess it's partially an exterior wall. How many inches of spray foam should be applied here? Should it be the same as the wall that faces the backyard?

Also, do you get any rebates for doing your roof? (i.e shingle and deck board replacement)

*EnergyAdvisor* wrote:
May 28th, 2010 7:02 pm
To insulate your crawl space and finish the bottom portion of your basement, you could expect to see a rebate of approximately $800-$1000. Now if you insulate with something like spray foam insulation and can achieve R23 or greater the rebates would be even higher. These rebates are as per the current program (no federal incentive). If you do some air sealing, you could expect to receive an additional $190.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Mar 5, 2011
1 posts
toronto
Which company can supply the most reasonable DIY solar water heater and tankless electric system to qualify for the energy grant? Thanks
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1755 posts
20 upvotes
I'm thinking of redoing my whole house.

Will the government pay mea rebate for all those components? (ie windows, insulation, toilet, etc?)
Feb 15, 2011
2 posts
Mississauga
Federal ecoENERGY Rebate Program Relaunches
"The program started on April 1, 2007, and was originally scheduled to end on March 31, 2011. As part of Budget 2011, the Government of Canada renewed the program from June 6, 2011, to March 31, 2012."
http://www.enwisehomeservices.com/annou ... relaunches
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release ... 524357.htm

Frequently Asked Questions:
http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/residential/pers ... attr=4#g10

"Green" Appliance Guide
http://ourgreenhome.ca/green-guides/gre ... nce-guide/
http://ourgreenhome.ca/2011/07/15/break ... y-program/
[OP]
Mar 16, 2010
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Just wanted to let everyone know that rebates to make your home more energy efficient are back! The Federal government is providing rebates of upto $5000.00 to upgrades things such as your furnace, air conditioner, hot water heater, attic insulation, finishing your basement, etc. There are a few changes to this program from the past; however, that's why I am here. If anyone has questions about the new program and would like to get in touch with the funding please give me a call.

Here are some few simple steps:

1.In order to qualify, you must register with NRCAN PRIOR to doing any upgrades or conducting your home energy audit. Please visit the link and select whether you are a new or past participant.

http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/residential/pers ... ration.cfm

2.Book your pre-retrofit home energy audit with me.

3.Perform your energy saving upgrades based on your needs and the home energy audit report.

4. Book your post-retrofit home energy audit and show your receipts for all work installed after June 6, 2011.

If you have any questions please call me 416-473-0693.
Oct 28, 2008
53 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
*EnergyAdvisor* wrote:
Mar 17th, 2010 4:50 pm
Hello all,

I am a new member and have been reading up on many threads inquiring about current government grants and rebates for energy upgrades to your home. I thought I would start this thread to help people understand the available grants associated with the program.

I am a licensed Energy Advisor and have conducted over 300 audits. I am also a Civil Engineering graduate from U of W.

I provide energy evaluations anywhere in the GTA and surrounding areas. My service is quality based and I make sure every client is satisfied prior to completion of the audit.

Feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to answer all of them.

Thank you

How much energy rebate available now as of Sep 2011...If someone knows.........
[OP]
Mar 16, 2010
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
hat1811 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2011 12:39 pm
How much energy rebate available now as of Sep 2011...If someone knows.........

There is a total of $5000.00 currently available in total rebates. The specific amount that a certain person can qualify for depends on what they upgrade. Feel free to call me or respond to this thread with that your planning on upgrading and I can provide you with an approximate rebate amount.
Dec 22, 2002
173 posts
1 upvote
*EnergyAdvisor*,

How much can I expect in rebates if I replace the insulation in my basements walls to spray foam?
I understand that it has to reach at least R-10 for it to qualify for the rebate... is this correct?
Thanks!
[OP]
Mar 16, 2010
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
If you currently have no insulation on your basement walls and insulate them 100% and achieve R-10 to R-23 (this is most commonly done by using the batts/pink insulation) then the rebate is approximately $625.00. If you can achieve R-23 or greater (this is achieved by using approximately 3-4" of spray foam insulation) then the rebate is approximately $1,200.00.

Additionally, if your basement walls are not insulated, most likely your basement headers are not insulated as well. There can be an additional rebate of $125.00 if you can achieve R-20.

If you have any further questions or would like more detail regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact me (416-473-0693)

Thanks.
erikm5150 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2011 4:00 pm
*EnergyAdvisor*,

How much can I expect in rebates if I replace the insulation in my basements walls to spray foam?
I understand that it has to reach at least R-10 for it to qualify for the rebate... is this correct?
Thanks!
Mar 7, 2009
780 posts
11 upvotes
Hi

I have a MURB with two forced air gas furnaces. One needs to be replaced ASAP. That is the only upgrades I will be doing other than maybe the second furnace in spring. It has 6 residential and two commercial units. Is it worth doing an audit?

Thanks
[OP]
Mar 16, 2010
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Heynow999 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2011 8:24 pm
Hi

I have a MURB with two forced air gas furnaces. One needs to be replaced ASAP. That is the only upgrades I will be doing other than maybe the second furnace in spring. It has 6 residential and two commercial units. Is it worth doing an audit?

Thanks

Depends on how many zones there are to conduct the draft/air leakage test. The charge for a MRUBs evaluation could be between $600 to $900, so personally I don’t think it’s worth it to have an evaluation based on what you are anticipating on upgrading unless you plan on doing other stuff.

Regards