Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Enmax

[Calgary] Enmax PM ATCO offer

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2018 3:47 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
As tax payers, I think supporting Enmax is encouragement for them to waste more of our tax dollars, IMHO.
Xtrema wrote: If you are a tax payer in Calgary, not supporting Enmax is just shooting in your own foot IMO.
Last edited by hdom on Nov 29th, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
May 5, 2012
362 posts
148 upvotes
CALGARY
Oh my God!
I missed this!

I'm so sad :(

Edit: nvm expiry date is Dec 28 and it seems Enmax isn't matching right now
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12900 posts
13102 upvotes
hdom wrote: As tax payers, I think supporting Enmax is encouragement for them to waste more of our tax dollars, IMHO.
It's still a for profit business and CoC is a share holder. There isn't a single utility transmission business in Alberta that isn't profitable. Generation may be risky, but transmission is easy money.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
so... i still don't get why i have to give my money to enmax just because they're owned by CoC?
May 5, 2008
184 posts
153 upvotes
Calgary
I tried this last year but they didn't support my grandfathered floating plan and wanted me to change. It would have only amounted to 20 or 30 dollars too as my usage is under 800kwh on a 2200 Sq ft house and typically in the 550 to 650 range. That multiple by 3.x cents is nothing. Last month gas was so cheap it was $3.04. They never made any offer of the fixed fees which are basically all I ever pay. Anything different this year? Usage doesn't mean squat to me.
May 5, 2012
362 posts
148 upvotes
CALGARY
Spoke to Colleen on chat and was told that the 'promotion' will be a contest.

Her: Not everyone will be able to win the prizes, but existing and new EasyMax customer's will have a chance to win.
Me: that is really sad, ATCO's offer is for everyone
Her: No, the ATCO offer is only for new sign up's
Me: which i would be if i go to them
Her: We would be sorry to see you go, I would be happy to review your current ENMAX account to see if we can do anything to improve your current rates that you are billing on?
Me: *gives her the information*
Her: Reviewing your account I can see that you are billing on the indexed floating electricity rate + $0.01cent/kWh transaction fee.
Her: We also offer a floating electricity rate that matches the Regulated Rate Option (RRO) price including the $0.068cent/kWh price cap.
Me: That wont reduce my bill as the regulated rate has always been higher than the rate I currently have.
Her: With the plan of shutting down the coal fired electricity generation plants, the price of electricity is being predicted to increase over the coming years.
Me: And at that time I will switch...

Looks like I will be looking into joining the ATCO family soon... Unless the contest is more like Tangerine's lottery and I at least have a chance to 'win'
May 5, 2008
184 posts
153 upvotes
Calgary
That sounds pretty similar to my chat experience. I just stayed with my old enmax bill since at that time Atco was just covering usage and not any fees, which doesn't interest me. Makes Ya wanna change though!
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
For those on Enmax, are you on Fixed or variable for electricity? Guess they have a cap of 6.5 cent on variable, so at least it doesnt sky rocket on you.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Pretty sure they are counting on people to lazy to switch.
starbelow wrote: Yup! The exciting new offer to match ATCO.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Oct 31, 2008
127 posts
287 upvotes
Calgary
Is there any extra fee like cancellation with Enmax associated with swiching accts ? Thanks
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Just switched to variable. Average for the year is 3.6 cent for power, and can only max out at 6.8. Currenyl at 5.49 fixed, and no month in the entire 2017 ever got to that, the closest was 5.0
Nov 20, 2009
895 posts
954 upvotes
They said check back in Dec but now they are saying...

"Hello, we are our own company with our own fantastic products, and we are not matching the ATCO offer. I can review your account to see if your on the best fit rate we can offer?"

Calling Atco to switch.
Aug 1, 2017
134 posts
520 upvotes
phreezee wrote: IMG-20171116-WA0002.jpg

Call or live chat with Enmax customer support and get them to match the ATCO offer to get a credit based on your energy usage in Jan and Feb in 2017. I was able to get a credit of $250.
This is similar to the offer last year of 1 month free and I was able to get $100... 2 months and $250 this year!

Update: might be more successful for EasyMax customers.
Can this be reposted in the hot deals section with a different title since the ATCO offer is still good and I think more Enmax customers should switch?
Jan 21, 2007
534 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I think it's warranted. Saw the Atco commercial on TV today.
May 20, 2008
321 posts
298 upvotes
Calgary
I just got this:

The offer does sound enticing, but it only applies to your electricity/gas usage, you will still receive a bill for roughly 60% of your current utility charges The offer does not include distribution, transmission, carbon levy, admin and other fees – you will still be charged for those
Michael you are on the floating rates with us which are the best rates in the market and you save all year round and not just January and February!
we have a contest running right now , the details are on our website

That's pretty pathetic, looks like I will probably switch...
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 75GBx7 | $30/line | 5x100GB Connect Bonus, 7x100GB Rural Add-on, VVM $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 CAN-US - Tablet x2 | Rogers (Shaw) $0 3+45 GB CAN-US | Rogers 5G Home Internet $5 10+10+45GB Unlimited
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
mikeyr wrote: I just got this:

The offer does sound enticing, but it only applies to your electricity/gas usage, you will still receive a bill for roughly 60% of your current utility charges The offer does not include distribution, transmission, carbon levy, admin and other fees – you will still be charged for those
Michael you are on the floating rates with us which are the best rates in the market and you save all year round and not just January and February!
we have a contest running right now , the details are on our website

That's pretty pathetic, looks like I will probably switch...
I was going to, then I got on floating, they gave me some credits, mentioned the contest, and Im staying.

If anyone does switch, please keep us updated how the new company is and how much money you save per month when they do start charging you

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)