Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 4, 2006
71 posts
2 upvotes
Kitchener

Enviropaving - rubber driveway reviews?

Has anyone tried this product or heard anything about it?
21 replies
Jul 18, 2005
729 posts
104 upvotes
Very interested in hearing about this product.

Especially in regards to cost. How much is it?
[OP]
Dec 4, 2006
71 posts
2 upvotes
Kitchener
I just looked at a site in Kitchener that was done this summer. Where it meets the city sidewalk, I could already see a "chip" out of the edge. On the other side of the sidewalk, on the apron, where it meets the boulevard grass, I was able to put my finger under the corner and raise it an inch or so. I likely could have ripped it off. So that ends my consideration of the project. I think that if you do not have to meet an existing height like a city sidewalk, it might be good, like around a pool, it would be fine. But where it has to be tapered thin, it seems like an issue in terns of its "stickiness".
Apr 23, 2012
8 posts
2 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I had my driveway/front entrance done last summer (2011), we had some bad problems on our driveway because large chunks of concrete were coming off and we had huge dents from my husbands rv. We heard of enviopaving on CFRB and how it could fix common problems with concrete and decided to give it a try. We are both extremely happy with the results! I was a little hesitant if the winter weather would do anything to it but it still looks as good as the day they put it down! ( we just had to use a plastic shovel for snow removal) but it really preformed the way they said it would. Theres no cracks, it actually is slip proof and we didn't salt our front steps once! Very happy with the results and would recommend this to anyone with similar problems, this was way better and less expensive then tearing everything out and having another concrete driveway put down. Thank-you Gabriel and team, job well done!

Ps: husbands rv has been on the driveway since they put enviropaving down and theres absolutely no ruts ( they said the driveway distributes the weight of vehicles so the ruts won't happen again)
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16550 posts
994 upvotes
Niagara Falls
hmmm, wonder if jen131 stuck around RFD?, hopefully. Anybody have any idea how much a service like this costs?
Apr 23, 2012
8 posts
2 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Still here! We paid about $3500 for the full driveway and front entrance (both quite large) they charged by the sq foot. Im pretty sure their pricing was $5.00 a sq foot on the driveway and something like $6.50 off the driveway. Hope that helped!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16550 posts
994 upvotes
Niagara Falls
jen131 wrote:
May 2nd, 2012 2:24 am
Still here! We paid about $3500 for the full driveway and front entrance (both quite large) they charged by the sq foot. Im pretty sure their pricing was $5.00 a sq foot on the driveway and something like $6.50 off the driveway. Hope that helped!

Great, thanks for the info.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3782 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
Evil Baby wrote:
May 2nd, 2012 6:54 am
Great, thanks for the info.

Lol you give thanks to a poster with just 2 posts?!?

Hi jen aka enviropaving! :)
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16550 posts
994 upvotes
Niagara Falls
NEMESIS_2008 wrote:
May 15th, 2012 3:05 pm
Lol you give thanks to a poster with just 2 posts?!?

Hi jen aka enviropaving! :)

Regardless of their intent here, and trust me my first inclination is to believe they are a company worker, the question I asked was answered. I believe that is worth a thanks.
Apr 23, 2012
8 posts
2 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Not a worker, just happy with the service and thought i'd share :) i've never really been on this site before so im not too sure what other topics to post on hah
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2734 posts
584 upvotes
BC
jen131 wrote:
May 2nd, 2012 2:24 am
Anyone have any updated info on this product? I'm going to probably get an estimate soon and would like to know if this system is legit. Also pricing seems a little high for what it is and how easily it goes down?

*Edit: sorry for necro
Feb 1, 2015
1 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Sorry, I am new to this redflags so bear with me. Did a search on enviropaving and saw this come up. Cannot believe no new comments in such a long time. Had to join and give my 2-cents on this service.

My brother-in-law saw these guys at the home show and was impressed. Grabbed a few cards as he was interested and he new i was as well. He had his pool deck done in Markham and it turned out great. I proceeded with my pool deck shortly there after and a neighbour got his drive done at same time.....what a disaster!!!! My pool deck is now wavy and uneven. The colour is splotchy, and they got the colour (red dye?) on my house siding. When i got home from work i was so upset and wanted it ripped out. I was told that they would come back and fix everything under warranty later in the season (and then later told that my warranty would cover repair but the next spring). Over the winter the rubber separated from pool edge leaving a large and dangerour gap. Also over the winter, the city plow damaged the rubber on my neighbours drive. Enviro paving told him to go after the city - the city will not cover damage to a rubber drive.....

I tried contacting the franchisee who did our deck but he is no longer in operation. I called the head office and was given the run around. Supposedly it is up to the franchisee to cover the warranty. I wanted to speak with someone in person but they will not give me their office address. My brother-in-law tried calling the franchisee who did his deck to see if he could assist - he is also no longer in operation. Went to home show the next spring to see if we could speak with someone at their booth - guess what? No booth!!

I need to say that the product was not inexpensive. We thought we could pay a premium to get a superior product. Now our deck is a mess. My husband wants to explore our options but we really don't have the time and energy to keep pursuing these guys.

If you proceed with this service, make sure your franchisee is well experienced and knows what he is doing. Ask for projects they have personally done in your area (not by another guy) that you can see for yourself. And get everything in writing. That ismy main reason for writing this -to inform you to do your home work first.

Sorry for lenthy note but hope it helps.
Feb 2, 2015
1 posts
Athabasca, AB
We put a deposit down to have our deck surfaced. The company did not do the work and will not refund our deposit. We have filed a complaint with Alberta Service Consumer Protection and Enviropaving is under investigation. I would encourage anyone else that has had issues with Enviropaving to do the same in their own province.
Mar 25, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Lethbridge, AB
[quote="redsuz" post_id="21496953" time="1422938531" user_id="1150221"]Sorry, I am new to this redflags so bear with me. Did a search on enviropaving and saw this come up. Cannot believe no new comments in such a long time. Had to join and give my 2-cents on this service.

My brother-in-law saw these guys at the home show and was impressed. Grabbed a few cards as he was interested and he new i was as well. He had his pool deck done in Markham and it turned out great. I proceeded with my pool deck shortly there after and a neighbour got his drive done at same time.....what a disaster!!!! My pool deck is now wavy and uneven. The colour is splotchy, and they got the colour (red dye?) on my house siding. When i got home from work i was so upset and wanted it ripped out. I was told that they would come back and fix everything under warranty later in the season (and then later told that my warranty would cover repair but the next spring). Over the winter the rubber separated from pool edge leaving a large and dangerour gap. Also over the winter, the city plow damaged the rubber on my neighbours drive. Enviro paving told him to go after the city - the city will not cover damage to a rubber drive.....

I tried contacting the franchisee who did our deck but he is no longer in operation. I called the head office and was given the run around. Supposedly it is up to the franchisee to cover the warranty. I wanted to speak with someone in person but they will not give me their office address. My brother-in-law tried calling the franchisee who did his deck to see if he could assist - he is also no longer in operation. Went to home show the next spring to see if we could speak with someone at their booth - guess what? No booth!!

I need to say that the product was not inexpensive. We thought we could pay a premium to get a superior product. Now our deck is a mess. My husband wants to explore our options but we really don't have the time and energy to keep pursuing these guys.

If you proceed with this service, make sure your franchisee is well experienced and knows what he is doing. Ask for projects they have personally done in your area (not by another guy) that you can see for yourself. And get everything in writing. That ismy main reason for writing this -to inform you to do your home work first.

Sorry for lenthy note
Mar 25, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Lethbridge, AB
We are trying to get our enviropaving driveway repaired as a portion of it has sunk and it is difficult to walk on without tripping. We are getting the run around as well. Was supposed to be fixed last summer....