• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2016 11:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
I'm making the trip out to Walmart in buffulo to pickup up a Gym rack (dips/chins) and the Golds Gym 510 Elliptical. I'll let you know how it performs in a month or so when i set it up. $600 for both which is fantastic. -sg
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
May 17, 2007
77 posts
Just bought mine today, once i put it together i will post the expereince and how it works,

I am already not happy that i payed $699 while some paid $599, but we did not have these in Calgary stores two weeks ago
Jun 17, 2006
50 posts
We just got one, and you weren't kidding when you said it was hard to put together. I can get a bunch of the screws in and they are starting to strip. Anyone have any suggestions or tricks they used when putting this beast back together. I'm seriously thinking about returning it...
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3971 posts
386 upvotes
shepP wrote: We just got one, and you weren't kidding when you said it was hard to put together. I can get a bunch of the screws in and they are starting to strip. Anyone have any suggestions or tricks they used when putting this beast back together. I'm seriously thinking about returning it...
I hear ya! I had the same problem, and returned it back to Costco. Weak parts, and I don't think it'll last long.
Apr 9, 2006
412 posts
39 upvotes
toronto
I bought this unit 2 weeks ago, and as all other posters mentioned, it is very hard to put the screws together. However, general installation is not too bad, pretty straight forward. Just that their drill holes for the screws are NOT very accurate, and the holes are way too small, so you are actually forcing the screws to make the hole bigger, hence the difficulty.

Lucky for me i am ok with putting the screws in, but it took me almost 1 whole day and a lot of sweat just to complete the whole installation.

Quality of exercise: it is very good, big pedal, long strives, although the calories meter doesn't seem to reflect real life burning....and the machine wobbles a fair bit if resistence level is 0 (lightest) and you tend to pedal fast,
and the machine has a bit of clicking sound from the handbars (i think it's due to a design problem, something is rubbing against each other)....

All in all i am satisfied with this $600 machine, my friend's $2500 machine seems as solid as this one, so can't complaint.... and DON"T get those $150 or $200 ellipticals from walmart, i returned it in 1 day....flywheel damage after 30 mins of use, not worth the drive....

To people that are worried about the reliability, Epic itself has a extended warranty program, extra 3 yrs (so 4 yrs in total), for around $160 extra, i think it's worth it... that includes in home repair, labour and parts....for 3 more years....

hope it helps!
Mar 31, 2008
6 posts
Ottawa, ON
Hey just thought i'd let you people know that I was thinking about getting one of these .... Costco has $200 off until April 13th (if I remember correctly), making this unit $399 right now!
Jul 4, 2005
778 posts
63 upvotes
Ontario
This is the elliptical I bought from Crappy Tire for $500. It's my first one and so far very pleased with it.

Tempo 620E
http://www.tempo-fitness.com/CA_ellipticals/620E.php
"Electronic resistance adjustments through a range of 20 levels to fine-tune your workout, plus five pre-set resistance levels available at the push of a button. Ten pre-set training programs. Pulse-rate monitor contact built into cross bar. Bright blue back-lit console screen. Flywheel maintains smooth momentum".
Apr 2, 2008
2 posts
I actually picked up one of these ellipticals about a month ago now. I've been using it about 4-5 times a week and love it.

I'd have to agree with crypto though about playing the game and then going back to see your time and calorie count and your back at 0! That is so annoying. I did it twice and it scarred me for life. Don't think I'll be playing the games anymore!

Other than that, mine isn't noisy at all. I have it set on the 18" strides and it feels perfect for me. I'm about 5'5' so i'm not sure what the average is?

The space saver feature is awesome as well. It takes up barely any space when folded.

The wheels on the front let you move it wherever you want. Sometimes I pull mine all the way into my living room to watch T.V at the same time!

Besides the game mode interfering with my calorie count, I have no complaints about this elliptical. Good buy for 600 bucks! :razz:
Mar 18, 2008
420 posts
152 upvotes
Can you please let me know where can I find the costco $200 off coupon. It would be good to get this for $399.
jdahan wrote: Hey just thought i'd let you people know that I was thinking about getting one of these .... Costco has $200 off until April 13th (if I remember correctly), making this unit $399 right now!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
I wish i had room for an elliptical. But the only room we have space for it you wouldn't be able to step on without your head literally hitting the ceiling.
Mar 18, 2008
420 posts
152 upvotes
can somebody share your experiances with this machine or anyhwre I can find reviews for this machine, At 399 this looks to be a good deal? Also what is costco's return policy ? what is the space saver feature on this machine?
belowzeros wrote: I wish i had room for an elliptical. But the only room we have space for it you wouldn't be able to step on without your head literally hitting the ceiling.
Nov 4, 2005
1 posts
We picked up an Epic 790 HR at Costco (Burnaby, BC) last week for249.99 marked down from 599.99 with the $200 rebate that was automatically taken off at the til. So far it seems to be pretty good, a bit noisy but if you have your music turned up loud enough you dont even hear it :cheesygri
May 15, 2012
1 posts
SASKATOON
Can anyone help me out with a phone number to Epic? i need to buy a part for my elliptical
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4285 posts
2285 upvotes
BC
Used one on Kijiji that I'm probably going to pull the trigger on for $50. Any thoughts or reviews on this surprisingly OLD elliptical?

Necro FTW! :)
Jun 18, 2020
1 posts
I just one used a lady told me it was good for 350lbs, even a page on internet confirmed it, but the label said, after my husband picked it up for me, says 280, do you think it will stand up to my husbabds weight?