Expired Hot Deals

[Epic Games] Epic Games Store - AC Syndicate free on Feb. 20

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 11:07 am
Jul 5, 2011
178 posts
48 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
first game that makes me think itll be worth installing another launcher...
Jun 17, 2017
23 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Thanks.

Gotten every free game so far on the Epic store, haven't played a single one but that's OK lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1377 posts
617 upvotes
Montreal
BernardRyder wrote: Pretty much the same for this. Put it in your calendar, check the reviews, free up disc space if you actually plan to install and play now. Not that many will, lol
It only gives you 1 week to decide whether to click the order button on a free item. With 9 days to think about it, I can make a more informed decision.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7415 posts
3930 upvotes
Toronto
davyJones33 wrote: first game that makes me think itll be worth installing another launcher...
imagine not bothering with the countless highly acclaimed high demand games they gave away over the past year but the medicore AC game next to no one played is finally the one to get you install EGS
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1080 posts
1265 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
MereShadow wrote: Free games actually are garbage. They are free for a reason.
Lol you claim them all too, miss me with that BS...

Also aren't you the guy that was shit talking in the Nintendo thread this morning?
...and the Atari thread?
...and the PSN Sale thread?
...and the Xbox Forza thread?

...and the last Epic Weekly Game thread?

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, banned...probably for the best.
ReeGee wrote: I've played most games in the series honestly forgot this release existed as this and Unity are the only ones I haven't played. I now remember people saying Unity was underrated and had some issues that this game resolved. Is Syndicate the better game between it and Unity?
I play every AC game so I may be a bad example lol but:

Unity I thought was great after all the updates (especially co-op missions, HOW HAS THAT NOT RETURNED?!). As for ranking them, personally, I'd say they are almost the same on the tier list with Unity maaaaaaybe beating it out solely due to it taking place during Revolution-era France (although I'm biased since it's like my fave time in modern history...all the historical cameos were great fanservice lol).

Syndicate by itself is a great game and the dual protagonist system was a nice shake-up at the time as well. Plus historical cameos were awesome in this one as well.
LoANeal wrote: bUt DeAl IsN't LiVe RiGhT nOw WhY pOsT aT aLl
Hey you can't use the Spongebob meme word style and not attach a picture lol.
Last edited by ChippewaBarr on Feb 18th, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 23, 2016
152 posts
548 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: I find it odd that rule (sorry, "established etiquette" by... someone?) would apply to the Epic store and not all other early deals. I don't care either way, evotes equal epeen status, both worth enothing. And how silly is that, wait until THE DAY OF to post? So do we wait to post at Eastern standards time, west coast time, the global timeline? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Its like when people speak against or downvote Dollarama finds, and want those threads deleted. I appreciate them and upvote the ones useful to me. The ones that aren't, I just ignore and move on.
Just look at the last year and you'll see the etiquette established with free Epic Games. Anyone who posted early was downvoted to oblivion. Anyone who posted when it was released or after, was not.
BernardRyder wrote: Maybe there's a different and more polite etiquette we could 'establish' here?
A better etiquette would be to post it as soon as it's available, or have the mods create a mega thread so that someone who might have considered buying it during that week, will be better informed. Secondly, it provides no way for someone to 'cheat' the system like you have. Maybe every Thursday, I will post the free game that will be available next week.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1617 posts
274 upvotes
Halifax
Oh thanks for alerting me as I was about to buy it on pc...said no one ever!
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Feb 25, 2018
125 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Lmao, I feel like all the thumb downs are from people that are upset the deal isn't active yet. I wonder how many of them get upset they receive their grocery store flyers 2-4 days before the promotions start.

Thanks for the heads up OP.
Jul 13, 2013
736 posts
448 upvotes
I own and enjoyed this game on Xbox One. I don’t have a PC that can run this but upvoted anyway. The setting was really cool (Victorian London) and there’s hours of gameplay to be had.
Aug 1, 2009
208 posts
157 upvotes
Ontario
thanks for not waiting until the 20th to post this.... I guess you really wanted the fame.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1249 posts
1315 upvotes
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: @BernardRyder thanks for the early reminder. You placed this in the right spot but RFD needs changes obviously with the way people treat others and make issue of things that should not be made issue of.
This exactly. Too many people seem to be on this site just to downvote and criticize., or claim people just want upvotes or "RFD fame" (lol). I saw this on Engadget, thought it was worth posting for the community, and did it. Yet so many hurt feelings!

My proposal to RFD is to change the upvote system. Just make threads upvoteable, no downvotes. The boobirds will always have their snarky comments, but real users can see how popular a thread is by upvotes, not by an up/down balance.
I honestly feel like a lot of people log on just to downvote threads, but do little to contribute. Give the petty meanness a break and maybe use that time finding something useful to post. And please find something better than what I posted, because it improves the whole community.
Just my 2 cents.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Sep 20, 2019
11 posts
98 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: imagine not bothering with the countless highly acclaimed high demand games they gave away over the past year but the medicore AC game next to no one played is finally the one to get you install EGS
This.

I came here to throw rocks at OP for posting the thread in advance, just because I couldn't activate the game yet. But then I remembered it's Assassin's Creed Syndicate we're talking about, so it's really not a big deal if I forget to do so!

With all the boring, repetitive, and ultimately soulless games Ubisoft has been shoving down our throat for the past decade (and beyond), I am really not surprised to see that their company's stock price is on a... steep slope.

This being said, I might try the game in free-roam just to taste that sinister Victorian Era/Jack the Ripper vibe I personally find interesting. And, if my seasonal insomnia doesn't get any better by then, I might even try the game's main story as a sleeping aid.
Intentionally got diabetes just so I could use the blood sugar monitor I bought on sale at Target.
Jul 5, 2011
178 posts
48 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
ReeGee wrote: imagine not bothering with the countless highly acclaimed high demand games they gave away over the past year but the medicore AC game next to no one played is finally the one to get you install EGS
already owned a lot of them, why are you so passionate about what people download? lol seems like a waste of energy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)