[Epic Games] Super Meat Boy for FREE now to Mid-JAN

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 6:00 pm
Jun 16, 2009
849 posts
749 upvotes
Woah! wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 10:08 am
That's weird, I haven't experienced any of these forced downloads which people are mentioning.

The only games in my Library are the one's which I have chosen to download.

Perhaps it's because I have an older account/login, and maybe those who have created a new user ID are having their launcher populated with these titles?
I'm guessing you might have had Fortnite for PC in your account already? I made an Epic account through PS4 to install Fortnite there, I never had it on PC. After playing it there for 8-10 hours, I knew it wasn't a game I'd ever be invested in.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Jun 16, 2009
849 posts
749 upvotes
I haven't played the game yet but my daughter is absolutely loving it. She nearly flipped when I told her it was free.
Jun 16, 2009
849 posts
749 upvotes
Hmmm, I was able to decide where to install the Epic client and games library. I also have an SSD/HDD comination, and was able to install games to the HDD. It should be in the client settings.

I also noticed under the settings that the client is a BETA version, and you can opt out and use the default client. No idea what the difference is, BETA seems to work fine for me.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9326 posts
4198 upvotes
Got it never played before will give it a try
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Jul 6, 2017
45 posts
24 upvotes
I was thrilled to get this installed but it crashed on launch every single time. Turns out there's a conflict with Citrix Workspace (used to be called Receiver) client. So if anyone else is having the same problem, uninstall that and you should be good to go on next reboot
Mar 13, 2007
9 posts
gfhyde wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 9:36 am
I was thrilled to get this installed but it crashed on launch every single time. Turns out there's a conflict with Citrix Workspace (used to be called Receiver) client. So if anyone else is having the same problem, uninstall that and you should be good to go on next reboot
I installed GeForce experience and found the updated drivers solved my subnautica crashing issues. Usually uninstalling GeForce experience is the fix :p
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15809 posts
21235 upvotes
ONTARIO
Thanks I grabbed Subnautica. Never played it but it looks beautiful.
Apr 11, 2011
177 posts
111 upvotes
Montreal
87% on metacritic (critic reviews) and 83% (user score)

21$ on sale on steam, regular price 29$

#8 best PC game of 2018 according to metacritic
Last edited by JohnMarston on Dec 22nd, 2018 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.