Expired Hot Deals

[Epic Games] Super Meat Boy for FREE now to Mid-JAN

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 6:00 pm
Jun 25, 2018
22 posts
29 upvotes
Thanks OP. Downloaded it and figured I would just check it out quickly to see what it was like. 6 hours later I saw the time was 3am. My boss and wife would give this a downvote but it gets a big thumbs up from me!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7936 posts
1353 upvotes
Toronto
AnonymousBroccoli wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 4:27 pm
As a warning, the checkout screen has some deceptive garbage on it.

In other words: "Check the box to say no." With the default unchecked box saying: "Yes, add me to your e-mail list."
I just ordered the game now, and it looks like they fixed the default to the non-deceptive value.

Do I need to continue and install the client and the game to keep the game? I assume I just need to have completed the order in my order history.
epic.jpg
Jun 16, 2009
848 posts
749 upvotes
appleb wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 9:06 am
I just ordered the game now, and it looks like they fixed the default to the non-deceptive value.

Do I need to continue and install the client and the game to keep the game? I assume I just need to have completed the order in my order history.

epic.jpg
The Epic client loads when you go to play the game, just like Steam loads up for Steam games. So yes I believe you need the client, but why not uninstall the client only and test for yourself? If it doesn't let you play the game, then you'll know for sure. Not like you'll lose the game from your library anyway...

EDIT: oh you meant to KEEP the game. No, if you have an account and register the game to your account, you should be good. But I'm sure you need the client to install the game, and to play it
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4070 posts
3160 upvotes
User381785 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 1:18 am
Free to play..... FOR ONLY TWO WEEKS
User381785 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 11:09 am
Only for the time period
User381785 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 1:08 pm
Free for only two weeks to keep, then it's gone
Completely false. Quit spreading mis-information.

You get to keep the games. Period.
Penalty Box
Apr 28, 2017
1115 posts
1212 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 10:03 am
Completely false. Quit spreading mis-information.

You get to keep the games. Period.
Its been confirmed you don't.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4070 posts
3160 upvotes
User381785 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 10:58 am
Not sure why you're being stupidly stubborn on something that you're clearly wrong about.

You get to keep the game. Confirmed.

P.S. the game is also DRM-free, so once installed via Epic Launcher, you can copy the whole directory to another folder, or to another computer entirely for offline play. You can also uninstall the Epic Launcher after you move the install directory.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4070 posts
3160 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 9:38 am
The Epic client loads when you go to play the game, just like Steam loads up for Steam games. So yes I believe you need the client, but why not uninstall the client only and test for yourself? If it doesn't let you play the game, then you'll know for sure. Not like you'll lose the game from your library anyway...

EDIT: oh you meant to KEEP the game. No, if you have an account and register the game to your account, you should be good. But I'm sure you need the client to install the game, and to play it
You can actually move the whole directory to another folder and uninstall the launcher, since the game is DRM-free.

Uninstalling the launcher will delete the original install folders so copy/move them before doing that.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1070 posts
338 upvotes
Ottawa
I tried using vr ridge + samsung gear vr + ps4 controller. The game is boring without vr.
Sep 15, 2013
14 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Subnautca is a really good game. Worth grabbing it for sure. Just uncheck that button at the bottom before you agree.
Jun 16, 2009
848 posts
749 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 11:10 am
You can actually move the whole directory to another folder and uninstall the launcher, since the game is DRM-free.

Uninstalling the launcher will delete the original install folders so copy/move them before doing that.
What? Seriously? You're a genius!
This is a game changer for those who whine about another launcher. Those downvotes should be turned to upvotes Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Merry Christmas, have an upvote
Jun 16, 2009
848 posts
749 upvotes
User381785 wrote:
Stop spreading false rumours. And don't worry, I think your company will continue to make money well into the future, Mr. Newell.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4070 posts
3160 upvotes
User381785 wrote:
Let's put the matter to rest. Just got an email straight from the source.

Subnautica is free to download until 11:59PM EST on Dec 27. Best of all, once you grab the game, it’s yours to keep!

Screenshot_20181225-002929.png
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
8462 posts
9274 upvotes
GT-EH
AnonymousBroccoli wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 4:27 pm
As a warning, the checkout screen has some deceptive garbage on it.

In other words: "Check the box to say no." With the default unchecked box saying: "Yes, add me to your e-mail list."
Bumping this thread - last day to grab Subnautica.

Has anyone received any junk?...
I haven't noticed any yet and I'm one of the idiots who didn't read that carefully and left it unchecked. :facepalm:
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!